I've been jealous of all of you....

Michi

posting all your other crafts and such! LOL

So, even though I haven't done any painting in a quite a while (it's too dang hot out in my workshop/garage) I thought I'd post some of my hand painted candle pots and tins. :)

flowertinbucketcropped.jpg

09411153.jpg

claypottriocropped.jpg

claypottrio2.jpg

clayheartpotcropped.jpg

Michi,

You make me sick!!! You did this once before, posted those darn paintings and I am sick of it!!!! OTFLOL

It is just toooooo pretty, way to pretty.

Talk about being jealous, I do oil painting, landscape type painting.

Have done it for years and I look like an amateur next to you.

NOW STOP IT, I DON'T WANT TO HEAR THAT YOU ARE JEALOUS ANYMORE!!!:D :D :D

Thanks for the compliments.

LOL Dejae, I'd love to see some of your oils, I bet you're better than you think, we're always much more critical of ourselves.

Yep, these are probably the same ones I posted a while back, cuz like I said, I haven't done anything recently.

I'm self taught, but have bought some of those instructions pamphlets etc. although I'm not very good at following directions. LOL

When I first started painting I SUCKED, didn't know how to shade at all, but my hubby is a very good artist, and he started showing me and giving me tips etc.

I've been painting now for about 15 years, so it's been a progression of skills, always room for improvement and always learning.

Now I feel like making something new!

thanks again for all the compliments!! It feels good considering when I first started, my stuff looked pretty much like non dimensional CRAP! LOL

I'm really itchin' to paint something now since I've posted these, but dang it it's just too hot right now.

I have done some sunflowers (I have a bigger pot with a plant in it on my kitchen shelf, they're more rustic looking though). Maybe that will be my first project when I get back to it?? ;)

Smacky, I do sell them (or want to sell them I should say-LOL), mostly I've given them as gifts with candles in them. ;)

I have a couple of other ones that I'll try to take pics. of soon-one I did was a winnie the pooh with piglet and then I dropped it (it was a terra cotta pot), I was soooo pissed, but I could still take a pic. of it, since I kept it, and the main part is still intact. LOL