Top Selling Scents By States....

Guest highflier

Guest highflier

I thought it would be helpful to list 2 season categories for each of our top 10 selling scents by the state we live in.

State: Louisiana

Spring/Summer top 10 selling scents in order:

Lovespell

Hot Apple Pie

Fresh Linen

Pomegranate

Creamy Vanilla

Pink Sugar

Fresh Cut Rose

Ocean

Gardenia

Honeysuckle

Fall/Winter top 10 selling scents in order:

Hot Apple Pie

Cinnamon Red Hot

Chestnuts & Brown Sugar

Buttercream

Harvest Spice

Pumpkin Pie

Lovespell

Cream Brulee

Fresh Linen

Creamy Vanilla

I hope everyone has a safe and Happy 4th of July!

Mike

Guest highflier

Okay let me explain. I live in Louisiana. The scents that I listed are the top 10 sellers for me in each of the 2 catergories. Now if you live in say Alabama your top sellers may be totally different. Or if you live in Ohio, then you really might have a different type of scent that your customers like. This would certainly give us an idea of what type of scents are really popular and by region also.

Here is an example:I read so many time that someone might sell the heck out of lavendar and I can't give it away. Now is it because of where you live or do I have a really lousy lavender. And I have seen where some people can't sell Lovespell and I can't keep it on the shelf. It would really be neat to see what sells across the country. So just list the state you live in and the put down your top 10 selling scents in both of the catergories.

Mike

Sorry, but I can only give general statements for New Jersey.

I live in Central Jersey (a tourist area by the beach), so naturally, tourists buy scents that remind them of the ocean, suntan lotion, tropical drinks/fruit/florals, etc.

In North Jersey, closer to NYC, best sellers are usually more spa types and upscale scents.

In South Jersey (lots of farms), berry scents, orchard scents such as apple/peach, bakery scents, and spicy scents are the most popular.

And don't forget seasonal scents ... all NJ regions (North, Central, South) buy holiday scents.

This is about the best I can do ... to list my best sellers (in Ocean County, where I live) would not accurately represent buying trends for the whole state ... sorry.

Nothing sticks out in Kansas, but what was hot five years ago is the No. 1 seller lol! I've always said we're at least five years behind the times here (except in gas prices ... when it was $3.39 a gallon here you'd think we lived on a coast :P )

Pretty much there are no consistent sellers here but this:

Fall/Winter

Honeysuckle (go figure)

Spring/Summer

Honeysuckle (makes more sense lol)

No. 2 all seasons would be Lick Me All Over.

No. 3 would probably be Lilac (all seasons)

Mind you... we're five years behind the rest of ya.

Not to be a wet blanket, but who cares?

My top scents arent the same as the girl across the street so why worry about Louisiana?

Fredron

I kind of agree on that. I have an account in Stlouis that sells our candles and he sells stuff that I cant hardly give away and vise versa. I guess its fun to see what everyone sells the best but to say that it changes from state to state its more like changes from street corner to street corner.

As for as what we sell, lilac and lilac based scents are number one all 4 seasons of the year for us at all the shows we do. Might even have to do with the picture for my lilac candle is real pretty and that draws them to sniff it? Pictures and packaging have alot to do with how a scent sells not to mention what you name a candle scent. I have one that has a picture of a stink bug on it and call it "tell me this done stink" I sell the heck out of it and it smells great, just a fun name that draws people to sniff it.

Bruce

Guest highflier

That is what I was trying to do. Just have a little fun with something a little different. I see people post all the time, "What are your top selling scents. " Or someone that is a newbie comes aboard and needs some help with what scents they should start out with. But know one ever puts down where they live. I thought it would be helpful if we just added what state we live in. Yes I understand that the girl across the street may sell something totally different then you. But if we had 10 people from Texas posting that one of there top sellers is honeysuckle then someone from that state may want to add that to their candle line because it would be obvious that Texans like honeysuckle. This post would only work if everyone would participate so we could see if there was some comon scents by the states we live in.

I'm sorry I wasted everyones time on this stupid post.

Good day,

Mike

That is what I was trying to do. Just have a little fun with something a little different. I see people post all the time, "What are your top selling scents. " Or someone that is a newbie comes aboard and needs some help with what scents they should start out with. But know one ever puts down where they live. I thought it would be helpful if we just added what state we live in. Yes I understand that the girl across the street may sell something totally different then you. But if we had 10 people from Texas posting that one of there top sellers is honeysuckle then someone from that state may want to add that to their candle line because it would be obvious that Texans like honeysuckle. This post would only work if everyone would participate so we could see if there was some comon scents by the states we live in.

I'm sorry I wasted everyones time on this stupid post.

Good day,

Mike

Hey Mike, nothing wrong with your post. I don't know why people didn't understand.

I live in South Central Nebraska and we have 3 candle manufacturers in our little town of 5600 people and all 3 of us have different top 10 sellers.

Ours for Spring/Summer are:

1. Sweet Pea

2. Dreamsicle

3. China Rain

4. Fresh Linen

5. Lilac

6. Black Cherry

7. Hot Baked Apple Pie

8. Red Hot Cinnamon

9. Blueberry Patch

10. Juniper Breeze

Our top 10 for Fall/Winter are:

1. Hot Baked Apple Pie

2. Mulberry

3. Red Hot Cinnamon

4. Blueberry Patch

5. Cinnamon Buns

6. Vanilla

7. Holiday Memories

8. Victorian Christmas

9. Candy Cane

10. Pumpkin Pie Spice

Hope that this helps some....I kind of like this idea and I don't think it has to represent the State you are in.....only your top 10.

Mike

Well I was serious in my post ... and it's really amazing that those three are the bigger movers.

ROF ... I think it was the heat. My God yesterday was a melter even if the bank thermom only said 94 ... it felt like triple digits.

I live in Va Beach, VA and here are mine

Ours for Spring/Summer are:

1. Cinnamon Frosting is a year round seller

2. Passionate Kisses

3. French Vanilla

4. Pink Pepperberry

5. Lilac

6. Honeydew Melon

7. Dusty Mexican Morning

8. Lemon Tart

9. Sweet Pea

10. Lily of the Valley

Our top 10 for Fall/Winter are:

1. Cinnamon Frosting

2. Celtic MoonSpice

3. Cinnamon Buns

4. French Vanilla

5. Mad. Orchid Vanilla

6. Christmas Cookies

7. Spicey Apples & Peaches

8. Cranberry Spice

9. Mulberry Madness

10. Fabulous Fudge

I'm in central Florida about 15 min. from the beach and the most requested are coconut and melon types for the summer and fruity types for the winter. No one ever ask for florals and only occasionally does anyone want a bakery smell. I think it's because we haven't had a cold winter in quite a while ( by cold I mean low 40's , high 30's :P )

I think this is a fun thread. I had a few candle parties one in March and one in May. I live in Raleigh, NC but the candle parties were in Salisbury, NC..near Charlotte, NC.

Spring/Summer~In popularity order

English Ivy

Cinnamon Apples

Cake Batter

Apple Clove Butter

Berry Crème Brulee

Clean Cotton

Cucumber & Cantaloupe

Lavender

Lilac

Monkey Farts

Pineapple Vanilla

Under the Palm Tree

Intrigues me that Lilac is such a big seller for so many. As we don't grow those flowers in TX, I can't give away a lilac-scented candle. However, I can sell the heck out of the following: Orange Vanilla, Pomegranate, Pineapple, Olive Blossom, Gardenia, Rose, Bluebonnet, Amaretto, Grandma's Kitchen, and Sugar Cookie.

I do think different regions, or states, have lots to do with what sells. Fun thread.

I too think regions make a difference in best sellers. I know of alot of people who make candles in kentucky...up in the mountains, and their best sellers are citronella (guess the bugs are bad). Here in Ohio, I'm lucky if I sell one. My 2 best sellers are baked apples, and lilac.

I have a few accounts in Palm Beach FL and best sellers are...

Little Black Dress

Hey Hey Cute Cabana Boy

Country Club

Monkey Farts

Pink Flamingo

There are a few more but I can't think of them right now...its late for me..:P

I am a little late for this thread....but...oh well! I live in Upstate NY and my biggest seller i s Hot Baked Apple Pie!

Dreamscicle

Balsam

PineTree

Vanilla(Sugar Cookie)

Any Dupe there is will sell around here! I have been selling alot of Pink Sugar!

HTH......Kimmeroo