I found the answers/secrets to craft shows!!!

I have a 3 day show coming up and now I don't have to stress out over what to do, what to bring, how to do things, etc. :yay:

And that's because I bought this off of a fellow CT member!

www.craftshowebook.com

It has everything in there, including a check list so you just mark stuff off as you prepare! It's really awesome and tells me everything I need to know to get ready, be prepared, and have successful shows!

That's wonderful for those of you who have the experience and know-how already to be successful at festivals and shows, but there are lots of us who are still relatively inexperienced. Sure, you can get a ton of the info by spending hours online searching and reading the helpful tips here and on other sites for free. I certainly did that before applying for my first festival, and I'm glad I did take the time. Otherwise, I would have been in a real mess.

I don't consider myself a "sucker" for spending the $29 for the ebook. Yes, there was a lot of info I found by searching and reading. There was also a lot that I didn't think about. Personally, I'm grateful to have it all together in a book form for my review. For me, it's a matter of convenience to have it this way. It may not be for everyone, and especially for those of you that already have mastered the business of shows. I appreciate the "freebie" information that is shared with others, but I also don't mind paying someone for their expertise if I think that it may help me improve my own skills.

I bought it for the same reason I still buy cookbooks.

I agree, with Luci, I wish I had known about this before I quit selling. I might just get it anyway, because I will be doing this again someday. I just don't have the time to be online searching and looking for hours at a time.

I have two little ones to look after, housework to do and a husband to spend time with. Then on top of all that, when I was doing candles and B&B, I had to fit time in to do that too.

So the less I have to search for stuff the better I like it. Even if it does cost me a little money. I'd rather shell out $29 bucks than spend hours of my precious family time searching for the same stuff, even if it is free.

Thanks for the link Braodzilla ;)

Thank you Luci and hometowncandles. :grin2:

I didn't put this on here so that some could get their kicks out of putting down someone that is very new to craft shows. A bridge? Please. Try to at least be a little more creative.:rolleyes2

ANYWAYS....I am really glad I bought it. It has things in it I never would have thought of.

It gives you great tips on how to set up your tables, it tells you great promotional ideas, etc. It even has a 3 page checklist, as well as an evaluation form to see if a show was worth it. I wish I would've found this book sooner. It basically tells you everything you need to know in one book. Plus, you can email the author if you have any specific questions or would like to know more about something.

It has already saved me hours and hours of searching for information that I just don't have time for. Especially having satellite internet. One little cloud decides to go by and boop...there goes my connection. I have spent months searching for stuff, writing it down, losing different pages of the notes, all that good stuff. Now I have it in one spot, all put together.

I have a ton of cookbooks too Luci. :grin2: I just love all the information right at my fingertips, right where I left it last, instead of turning this beast on and searching for hours.

Quick, easy, and more than convenient. This book was well worth it. And that's coming from someone that actually read it.

I also wish 7 years ago I would have had something to help. Now for me I don't think it would worth the $29 but then oh yes. We are not going to talk about my first festival LOL I laugh about it now but then it was a nightmare.

I've only done 2 craft shows and they were pretty small. It was embarrassing, all the stupid things I did! *lol* The worst part was, both shows were in my small town, where I already know just about everyone, so they got to see me struggle, turn red, and leave early both times. It's pretty bad when BUYERS are standing at my table telling me..."Well honey...maybe you should set this up over here, and this over there"....kind of a thing. And it got worse after that. *lol*

This 3 day show coming up at the end of July, I wasn't gonna do it. I figured I had humiliated myself enough. *lol* But now, after reading this ebook, I have confidence. I'm gonna do the show even though I'm scared to death. *lol* At least I know what to do now, before, during and after the show.

Thank you celicagtca!! Now I'm excited! At least this time around I now feel way better prepared and lots more organized. I swear the last 2 times, my table looked as scattered as my brain was! It was not a pretty picture. *lol* Just the peace of mind I already have knowing I have the right info makes it worth it. I don't mean to sound like a salesman, but for me personally, it's already the best 29 bucks I have probably spent.

Congrats, Broad -- if that book helped you get organized & gave you a sense of calm & confidence, then I'd say that was $29. very well spent. Sometimes it's way too easy for the 'pros' to get a bit cynical & forget what the scenery looked like when they started their journey. I see lots of people offer tips they just discovered & those tips are always helpful to someone out there. It might not be new to me, but that's no reason to rain on the parade! I hope you have a great show & enjoy laughing all the way to the bank.

Susan.

Glad you found something that is helpful to you. Doing your first craft show isn't always a picnic. But it is the best way to learn. I would use the book as a reference to guide you.. But definitely make notes on what you see and learn at the show, also, what worked or didn't work for you at the show-- those experiences are priceless.

Good luck! I think you will do just fine! Sounds like you are really looking ahead.

Well after going to broads link, I see who the seller of the book is.

You can bet your bottom dollar she is not ripping you off.

The writer of that ebook is experienced and dam good at what she does.

I bet there is a bunch of good info in that book.

I think I best better get me a copy too.

I don't know if I will ever do shows, but it's good info to have just in case.

Thanks for the link Broad...:grin2:

Hi Broad....good luck in your future shows! I was wondering does the e-book have more info in it than the 'sticky' at the top of the business section here? I know there is alot of good info listed up there, just curious if there is more people should know about? Have a great time at your show and remember, your booth is your 'little store' set up displays that are eye catching but easy for customers to move around!

Thanks you guys!

And yep so-soy, I'd say theres more in this ebook for sure. The sticky up top is great, but this ebook has a lot more to it. It's great for me, definitely something I needed. Trust me, I did everything wrong for my 1st 2 shows. *lol* Everything! I was LMAO as I was reading this ebook, seeing every mistake I made and wanting to slap my forehead. No....not one of those "aha" Oprah moments either. More like..."Now why didn't I think of that! That would have been cool!".... kind of thing, all the way through it.

I'll be more prepared in July, and ready to put it all in action. The first 2 shows were a learning lesson...on what not to do. *lol* I'll be keeping notes as each of the 3 days go by, and see what happens. I already feel better about doing this show.

Thank you all for the well wishes!:grin2:

I wish that there was a book out there when I started. I have been doing craft sales for years. I have made a lot of mistakes and embarrassed myself too. I am glad that you found something that you feel has/will help you.

Good Luck on your up coming show.

Broadzilla, thanks for the kudos. I am glad the book has helped you prepare for your show. Thanks for sending me those pics of your bears - they look adorable! You should show them in the gallery here on CT. Most people just scent them, but you have taken the time to dress them, find accessories, etc. I am sure you will do well at your upcoming shows.

My intention was to compose a book as a means of having all the information in one book. As a few of you have stated, you can spend countless hours looking up this information, as I originally did, or you can pay a little to have it all done for you. Some of you may have the time for researching this information and that is great; but for some of you, it is beneficial to have the work done for you. Whatever your case may be, I wish you all luck with your craft shows.

I think the eBook is a great idea. I think its wonderful that someone actually took the time to put it together and share. True, you can spend countless hours searching all over this board, opening every single thread that contains the term craft fair only to read a bunch of irrelevant information or, buy the ebook and have it all at your fingertips allowing you to make notes and reference information in a more oraganized fashion. I personally don't have the need for it since I've been doing various types of craft fairs since the early 90's but the curiousity of seeing this book is killin me so I may buy it. Also, for a newbie, how can they be sure they've gathered all pertinent information by searching here. Most new people have never done a craft fair so how would they know that they've gathered all necessary information? As far as the 2 negative posts earlier in this thread.....it figures. Life wouldn't be complete here unless someone is knocking someone else on a job well done.