Soaps, and more soaps...swap spoiler too! Pic heavy!

Ok, I have now upload pics from my camera to show off the soaps!

soap1.jpg

This soap was created with Lemon Pucker from BCN....smells wonderful! I have actually made about 5 (32 bar) batches of this stuff, and everyone wants to try it. Hope to start selling soaps soon!

soap2.jpg

Here is the imfamous Peanut butter and Jelly soap. Scented 1/2 with real Peanut Butter, and 1/2 with Strawberry Jam FO from BCN. The strawberry morphed and made the bar stink! Still fruity, but not appealing IMO. But oh does this one lather! The next image is the cured soap....it got very dark!

soap5.jpg

Really nice hard bar, and lathers ungodly...have to keep experimenting with this one! The lighter color is actually the peanut butter, the strawberry f/o got really dark.

soap3.jpg

This one I made last night, trying out the Mr. Do Right mold. Really like this mold for log batches, but still love my misty creek! Scented with Cucumber Mint from Backwoods. Traced fast, but not uncontrollable, and smell just like it did OOB. Testing new recipe, didnt have any castor, but had to soap....lol

soap4.jpg

Here is the cut pic....love that marbleing!

soap7.jpg

Here is my Fresh brewed coffee colored with Cocoa powder. Color stayed true after cure and then some, but no scent except for the cocoa powder.

And last but not least, my backwoods swap spoiler:

soap6.jpg

Love this scent! Now to package and get ready to ship.....

All soaps were colored using BCN's Gel tones. Love these colors! If I have time tonight I am going to do a Honey Gingerbread soap. Pics soon!

Thanks everyone!

The wood mold is my 32 bar Misty Creek mold. Made my honey gingerbread soap last night. Smells good, but looks ugly. Tried to mix dyes to get a brown color, and should have just left it. Took it out of my Do Right Mold, and needless to say, the mold cracked in half....not happy this morning.....:mad:

Angi, the mold I purchased from the classifieds here, but I know you can get them on ebay. I wouldnt recommend it. Mine broke after 2 soaps, and no, I didnt tighten the screws too much, because when I put it together, if you screw it too tight, I could see problems......cant verify if it was me, the prior owner, or the mold maker himself, but if you get the ones with the slots to cut, be aware, there is a major weak spot in the middle due to where he makes his cuts. Now I have DH on a mission to make one for me that is more stable. Love the idea, just not the execution. Dont think it can be fixed either. And a friend just purchased the ones without the slots, and hers warped, as well as several peoples here from another response in a post. So, that is my rant. It is also my own opinion, so if you do buy one, I wish you luck, but be careful with it!

How I do my swirls. I have never attempted in the pot swirls. I layer. Color, base, color, base, color, base color. grab a chopstick and swirl! I usually pour at a thicker trace as well.

Thanks to everyone who responded! And yes, the red currant and thyme is my favorite too!

Gorgeous! Those are some big honkin lemon bars!! <excuse the fact that I'm a lemon ho! :P > They are all great. Sorry to hear about your DoRight. I have that mold too...the slotted one....and I didn't use it for anything but cutting. I've been hinting to DH to build me some wood log molds. Hinting REALLY hard. LOL.

I have GOT to get me some of thos Gel Tones!

And I can not WAIT for my swap soap! Hehehehe

Donna