Serengeti Sunset

Been dying to try out this new mould and really wanted to get a good mottle this time. This is using straight paraffin, some stearin and a heavy load of FO. Serengeti Sunset is from AH/RE. I am really pleased with it. Thanks for looking.

post-3166-139458425735_thumb.jpg

post-3166-139458425738_thumb.jpg

post-3166-139458425742_thumb.jpg

Beautiful and I love that mold. Just wondering if you test burned it yet and how it burns?

Thanks. This is the first one I have made. I used the wick that came with the mould - looks like it could be 15 or 18 flat ply. Not going to burn this one just yet. Wicked up the mould again using 15ply and will make something a little less strong and maybe more rustic and burn that. Don´t think it is going to be great to burn these, certainly going to leave some kinda shell. Will post pics when I eventually start test burning these.

Sarah that's wonderful!!! I realli like a lot the mold but also the coloring you chose!

Thanks for the nice comment Sabrina. I think Candlechem have this mould. The colouring was quite a challenge - took me ages. Kept notes and the small drops of colour I poured onto paper, so next time will be a little easier.

Thanks for the nice comment Sabrina. I think Candlechem have this mould. The colouring was quite a challenge - took me ages. Kept notes and the small drops of colour I poured onto paper, so next time will be a little easier.

I ahve no money left for a mould right now:D . I got broke buying palm wax!!! I love that mould, and sooner or later I will have one!

Great job on that!

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. When my DH saw it he just said "Wow", and he hardly ever comments about my candles. I really want to try putting a glass tealight cup in the mould and try and make everlasting candles, like CandleMan suggested - but I guess one would then scent the tealights, not the whole candle?

Leesters: I made that red colour using red liquid dye and shavings of orange dye block to tone it down a bit.

Handmade: The dimensions of the mould are 6" x 6" x 2"

That is simlpy stunning.......if it was mine I'd have to burn it even if it didn't consume the wax completely, I think the glow from the flame as the wick burned through the middle would be gorgeous.

Sally.