Thanks 2 Scented I've got the wiggles

Donita

Finally I got around to trying the "wiggles"...thanks Scented. The first ones are the blue and green.....they came out terrible.....pits, holes, dents....ick. So I did the waterbath and they only crackled a little. I think I may have grabbed the wrong wax....so last night I did the red, purple and gold...with just a little wiggle going on. I like these. I am doing some more in a minute.....you got me on to something. This is just insanity. Donita

post-248-139458381303_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone....yes this is fun. I've got some more going right now. I don't know what in the heck I am doing but the surprise I will get in the morning is worth it. I am so sick of all of the regular candles I have been making. Thanks to all of the talented people on this borad that are constantly giving me new ideas to try. I should have a nice new collection for my customers at Christmas. I am in such awe of the "layer" queens. I have a ways to go before I feel truly comfortable. But anyone reading this, if you want to try Scented's "wiggles"....they are soooooo much fun and I am sure you can do it.....if it doesn't work......then "crackle" them and no harm done. Donita

Donita, the red and purple waves turned out great. I have the same question - when in the world do you sleep?? Guess I am going to have to start collecting spoons so I can try this. Did a few votives with a wave but they sure didn't turn out near as good as your grown up candles.

Margarita.....have one ........and chill..... LOL... these are not hard. Scented told me how to do it. Just wait until the wax is set up but not too hard. Take a spoon and push down the sides. Pour another layer and do the same. I sprayed my spoon with mold release so the wax doesn't stick to it. Different shaped spoons will create a different look.....I am just a newbie here. Donita

Okay - those are fabulous!:yay: Now, how do you do it????

You know, no sooner have I got some technique down, and you ladies start up with something else...... I'm exhausted.... I have no more room to store these candles.... but I can't stop, have to make more......:bliss:

Amen to that!!!