Buttercream Frosting

soycrazy

I have not smelled the lotion you are referring to but I do love Daystar's Buttercream Frosting. IMO, it's the best out there :D

I agree, all others have a really weird fakey note that is just not realistic. This is the best!

Daystar's is the best! Snowtop's is very strong but not as good.

I have to second this. I originally thought Snowtop was similar, but after making lotions the other day, there was a significant difference between the two, yes Snowtop was strong, but definitely not as true as the DS version. I actually didn't care for Snowtops at all in lotion, and when we tried DS, it was dead on perfect.

i don't know about for lotion, but i just made some candles with cajun candle's buttercream crunch and it stinks really bad!! maybe someone will like it but i sure don't. :tongue2: guess that's why i should buy samples before i get the big bottles :o

i don't know about for lotion, but i just made some candles with cajun candle's buttercream crunch and it stinks really bad!! maybe someone will like it but i sure don't. :tongue2: guess that's why i should buy samples before i get the big bottles :o

LOL, doesn't sound good! I have never used that one :D

I'm trying to find one that smells dead on so far I haven't found the right one. Jaqua makes this awesome buttercream frosting lotion and I would love to find a fo that smells like that :)

Soy - I'm assuming, based on your name, that you are wanting it for soy candles? I'm not dissing Daystar, I'm a Daystar fan myself, but for soy candles, Blue Grass's Buttercream Frosting has an incredible throw. The buttercream frosting is one of the few from DS that I haven't tried because my quest for the perfect BF ended at Blue Grass. I have the Jaqua bath gel, myself, and really love it:)

I'm curious now about DS's because of all the + reviews here. If any of you have tried both DS and BG's, please let me know so I can get some with my next order! TIA.

You may have just used too high a percentage with you wax. Cajun's oils are pretty concentrated. If you still have it, melt it down and add more wax. You might change your mind.

I say this from personal experience. To this day I get sick just at the mention of Pink Sugar because I used SW's at 9% with soy. Hate when I do that.:cheesy2: Cinamon buns is another one I loved until I made it too strong, and yeah, stinky.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I know this thread is old, but if anyone has since found a buttercream f.O. that smells like Jaqua's Buttercream Frosting, I will have found my holy grail fragrance. It was because of Jaqua that I ended up in the bath & body business, I wanted to do the same but also add a larger variety of fragrances to my products. I am currently using Daystar's which I would have to say is the closest one, but am always searching... In my opinion, Jaqua has the perfect buttercream fragrance nailed. :)

I know this thread is old, but if anyone has since found a buttercream f.O. that smells like Jaqua's Buttercream Frosting, I will have found my holy grail fragrance. It was because of Jaqua that I ended up in the bath & body business, I wanted to do the same but also add a larger variety of fragrances to my products. I am currently using Daystar's which I would have to say is the closest one, but am always searching... In my opinion, Jaqua has the perfect buttercream fragrance nailed. :)

I know what you mean that scent is awesome. So far for me the closest has been daystars too!

• 5 months later...

UPDATE ON BUTTERCREAM FROSTING FO:

I mentioned in an earlier post that I got into the B&B business after coming across JAQUA'S line of buttercream fragranced creams and lotions some years back. What I did not know once I got into this business is that searching for the perfect buttercream fragrance would be such an undertaking! I can't even tell you how many vanillas and buttercream FO's I have in my collection. I came closest to that magnificent sweet scent when I found Daystar and although I was happy with it overall, there seemed to be something missing. I then tried the buttercream at Bluegrass and I found that it's the closest to Jaqua's version that I've come across to date. I also did a blind scent/smell test on my fellow guinea pigs (friends & family) comparing the BG fragrance in a cream along with creams with the version from Daystar, and then had them compare it to the original Jaqua Buttercream body butter, and out of 8 testers all but one thought that the BG cream came closest to the one from Jaqua. http://www.jaquabeauty.com/

I sure hope this helps someone out there, although in the fragrance business, it is still always a matter of personal taste. Fragrance is such a subjective thing. :)