Buttercream Frosting

soycrazy

i use and love BG buttercream too..but only in candles..

now i have to try it in creams and lotions..does it turn dark in lotions?

I always add just a wee bit of vanilla stabilizer so that the creams and lotions remain white, but my guess is that it would probably darken somewhat like the grand majority of my vanilla based fragrance oils did. however, out of curiosity, I'm going to conduct a test without the stabilizer and see if it gets way dark or just turns that lovely vanilla color. I'll be sure to keep you posted. :-)

• 2 years later...

As a former Jaqua fan, I have tried to find the best buttercream f.O. and after testing so many, I finally narrowed it down to Daystar's Buttercream Frosting and Element's Buttercream (which I originally purchased from the now defunct Bluegrass.) After testing both F.O'.s on friends, family and customers, the overall favorite was the one sold at Elements. It seems to need a short curing period, but once the fragrance settles into the product, it's the closest to the real thing without that weird plastic smell. Having said that, I really don't think one can go wrong with either one. :-)