To All Members In Texas

tucker

Thank you guys so much! It really means so much that we're getting prayers and well wishes. We are about 3 hours in from the coast, so we know that the worst that will happen is a really good storm, but we tend to flood like crazy...plus, much of my family is in Houston, as well as my inlaws, who are actually coming to stay with us as of tomorrow, because of the evacuation. So, I need some extra prayers for patience and grace as well, LOL!

So, I need some extra prayers for patience and grace as well, LOL!

My Prayers are with you daniedb !! We are right on the water in Rockport and have been told to evacuate. We have 4 dogs and can't leave them. All the Hotels are booked north, west and east of us. So send extra prayers to us too lol..... at least my house is on stilts, but I sure don't wanna go swaying in the wind!!!! eeeeeeek:shocked2:

No WAY! Chickie, you're staying? Are you nuts, girl? :P

Wow, I applaud you for not leaving your pups, but dang, being in Rockport during this is going to be an interesting sight. I'll be praying for your safety and I certainly hope that you can get some good pictures and film to make your ordeal worthwhile. You'll be in my prayers.

Chickie just pack those dogs up in the car and start driving. No way do you want to ride this one out. Heck get to a rest stop inland someplace and live out of your car if nothing else. We got this forecast from an online weather service. This guy predicted within 6 miles where Katrina would hit.

TUESDAY 4PM. KATRINA BEAT CAMILLE....RITA TO BEAT CARLA.

Rita is now intensifying rapidly and its becoming a when and where issue for the Texas coast. I have NO CHANGES ON THE IDEA OF THE TRACK AND WHERE IT HITS, but may have to monkey with timing tomorrow. The weakness in my forecasts this year in the gulf have been timing in the atlantic timing and over forecasting intensity, but the gulf storms have all gotten as strong as opined.

So let me say this about Rita...she will break northwest gulf pressure records, and I believe now pressures will get to cat 5 levels. I believe this will be the strongest hurricane to ever hit Texas.

It will be a massive storm too, with hurricane force winds extending out 125 miles to the northeast and 75 to the southwest, gales over 200 to the northeast and over 125 to the southwest. There will be plenty of time to take cover and see it coming. The lat/long right now and track speak for themselves as to where I think the hit is, but again it may be a bit later.

Please, please get out of there!