Vanilla Passion Rustics

judyvega

Ok, these are not my faves. No. 1, I can't stand vanilla scented candles, and No. 2, I changed up on my swirling technique a bit to try to do something different, and imo it just made them look jacked up! My mom loves this scent, so she can burn them (far, far away from me lol) - thanks for looking :)

post-278-139458418176_thumb.jpg

You can "JacK" them over this way then..:) I don't think you can make a bad looking candle and I Love Vanilla! Your candles Rock, whatever swirling technique you use.

Ha ha, Everito, TRUST ME, I can make a horrific looking candle!!! Geez, when I first started this venture, I made a vanilla one that was supposed to be kindof an off white, and that thing turned out flesh colored. It was so incredibly disgusting! :P

But thanks for the nice comments - actually one of my friends in TN is going to buy a couple of the shorter ones (she loves Vanilla) - just gotta figure how to get them to her w/o the freezing weather cracking them now.

Well I am not sure what you mean by "jacked up", but whatever the new swirling technique is, these look fantastic.:smiley2: No matter how much swirling I do, I can never get this look, but I sure am getting a lot of pin holes which are driving me crazy:sad2: , gotta keep trying though.

It looks to me like I am going to have to try my hand at "jacking up" and swirling my candles. Those are beautiful. I've not ventured in to the swirling yet and wondering how difficult it is to do. I certainly don't expect to get the same effect you have but maybe one day with enough practice they might be half way presentable. Thanks for sharing with us.

Nancy

Thanks, guys, glad you like them - I guess what I don't like about them is they're not as "clean" looking as my other rustics (I know, clean looking rustics is a bit of an oxymoron lol) - some of the overlap on the layers was too messy looking for my particular taste. I am my own worst critic, and in a BIG way lol. But thanks again! :grin2: