Yuk-o Christmas Scents

Is it like written in Stone that the consumers buy Christmas scents more than the other scents during the holiday season? I know it is not about what I like, and is what the customer likes but I just can't find any Christmas FOs I like. You would think if they were buying candles for gifts, that any scent would be fine. If they are buying them to decorate their homes during the season, I understand them wanting the yuk-o Christmas scents.

I mean who wants a candle for a gift that smells like a cheap Pine Tree in a Texico Bathroom after December is over with?

Oh I know...I am WAY off base on this one:rolleyes2

I feel your pain. :shocked2:

I personally cannot stomach Christmas scents. How much Pine Sol, spice and fire smell can one stand?... LMAO! Eee gads. Makes me wanna hurl.

I am a huge fan of the holiday itself. But the only 2 Christmas type scent that I like is SS Winter Hug and a really good butter cookie scent. I do have a few customers that love Mulberry, so I will bite the bullet and get some more of that FO. :shocked2:

I don't like most christmas FO's either. I have a peppermint vanilla that I label differently at christmas and a cinnamon clove for christmas and an eggnoggy scent, those I can handle. I have one piney fo called christmas essence and it is pine and eucalyptus. I hate it but my DH loves it, so go figure. I don't really sell more christmas stuff at christmas. I have some people who like pine all the time.

I am not planning on carrying just pine. I don't want to have it left over and have to see it sit on the shelf. I have so far went with Harvest Spice, Christmas Splendor (spicy blend of fruits and everything wonderful at xmas), Christmas Eve (warm sugar cookie with a hint of spice and a pine undertone. This one really is not bad even thought it has pine), Pumpkin Pie, Mulled Cider. I have sold out of the mulled Cider and the company I order from won't have it until sometime this week. I started carrying mulberry cause I had do many requests for it and now it seems that nobody wants it. Candle shoppers are one of a kind shoppers. Every show I do is so different. Most of the time Love Spell is my number one seller, but not at the last one. I sold the least of that one.

I also ordered the Home for the Holidays, we will see what happens with that.

How many holiday scents to most of you carry?

As a candle shopper, during the holidays I used to look for spicey scents, ones with cinnamon or spices. I also liked to purchase the bakery scents during the fall and winter. This will be my first craft fair this fall. I plan to carry only three Christmasy scents, Cinnamon Balsam, Mulberry and Mulled Cider. The rest will be a variety ... some bakery scents, some florals, some fruity, some "clean" (such as Clean Cotton or other refreshing fragrances). We'll see what happens.

I like to change scents myself for each season/holiday.

Last year I had about 10 different holiday scents and sold very little. I think most of my customers buy as gifts and not for themselves. That's why I sell more everyday scents than holiday scents.

You just need to know or learn your costomers. Then again things may change from year to year so you never know.

Last year I only sold 2 pepperment.I had 3 other Christmas scents.So a sale this week-end someone wanted Bayberry for Christmas.Well I did not make any because of last season.So the scent was home on a shelf.Wouldn't you know.I don't care for the Christmas scents but the Bayberry will be made now.

LynnS

My best sellers during the holidays are mostly fruit and bake goods I will make and carry Spruce Christmas because I think it's a wonderful scent and so much better than the Pine I carried last year!

I'll do the Amish Harvest, Sugar Cookie, Apple Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Cranberry Cinnamon, so on and so fourth. But the one scent that I make that always is a hit at every show, Chocolate Brownie! And that I pour year round!~:P

Is it like written in Stone that the consumers buy Christmas scents more than the other scents during the holiday season? I know it is not about what I like, and is what the customer likes but I just can't find any Christmas FOs I like. You would think if they were buying candles for gifts, that any scent would be fine. If they are buying them to decorate their homes during the season, I understand them wanting the yuk-o Christmas scents.

I mean who wants a candle for a gift that smells like a cheap Pine Tree in a Texico Bathroom after December is over with?

Oh I know...I am WAY off base on this one:rolleyes2

Gosh, I thought I was alone on this one. I've been lookin for some x-mas fo's and they all seem the same and they all seem to suck. I held off on buying more pink sugar, lilac and lavender, now I feel like that mighta been a mistake, dammit. :mad: But on the bright side, I feel better about not having more holiday scents:smiley2:

I got one called Hansel and Gretel's house from candlescience. It is a mix of pumpkin, spice, cookie, graham. People are going crazy over it. Thankfully I like it too. I can't work with scents that I don't like. It makes me feel sick. This is my first fall making candles, it will be interesting to see what sells and what doesn't. Good advice about the chocolate brownie Fire & Ice. I'm going to order some.