Bunch O Chunks

Donita

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Donita, thanks for sharing these, they are stunning. The purple, green and red colours are amazing. I also have the notes somewhere from the archives on how to make these, will have to dig them out. Is it possible to make these candles if you use wick pins, as I know that these have to be dipped in hot wax and then dunked into cold water - (without the wick pin still in them of course) If I want to try this technique, is it better to wick the moulds first? Thanks for any advice. :) Sarah

Wow.....thank you.....all of you for the very nice compliments. I haven't posted a picture for over 6 months. I put the martini glass in the picture on purpose.....hoping to drag Margaritamama out and say hi. I am a thrift store junkie and bought it for 25 cents. Since my house is a "Tahoe" style house....complete with pine cones....in my downstairs studio it is pink and red flowers and the flamingo glass found a good home. I haven't actually used it yet, but if I do....it would be gin (smile)....very dry.....two olives please.

Sharyl....the little brown square on top is actually very pretty frosted gold velum. It has the scent written on it. I have a printed round label on the bottoms of all of my candles with burning and safety instructions. They are generic ones that I order.

I love my black and gold labels too. Tracy does them for me and has for years. She in wonderful to work with and a very nice person.

BathandBodybyTracy@comcast.net

Trish....in Sacramento....I watch Scaramento TV so I know what's going on there. Have you ever had dinner at Fiamma? That is my finance's restaurant. If you are ever in town....let me know.

Kalamazoo.....wick the molds. You kneed the wick to be sturdy and hold it while you are dipping into 180 degree water and then into very very cold ice water.

You can't see much of it, but my future brother in law, Pete, saw what a mess I was working in.....so while visiting at Thanksgiving, he built me a beautiful work station and put a large shelf above for all of my FO's and EO's.......I painted it pink. The man at the hardware store said to me "What are you doing? Pink in Lake Tahoe?".........stupid man.....I have to have my pink room.....girls just want to have fun. There is plenty of sage green, brown and knotty pine in my house. :P

Donita

Hi Donita ( my ya ya ) I can't see your candles in person anymore since you are in Tahoe and I am here :cry2: so I can enjoy them on here along with everyone else. They are beautiful. You sent me pics of the house , send some of the new studio.:yay: I am back on lurking and jumping between soap and candles ....two of my favorite things in the entire world, besides you ,my best friend. Hi everyone else and I know we are all glad to have the queen back !! Miss you but so glad to see your work again. love Shoresgirl