Male Fragrances?

StacysScentsations

My sales have shown me that guys dont buy mens perfume smells, women buy them. (I think to burn as bait):P

When a man and woman come up and they both pick out candles, the guys go for the food smells. I have a lime candle that they seem to be attracted to very much also. Guys like the silly scents also, its fun to smell root beer, bubble gum, cotton candy and junk like that, takes us back to the good old days I guess, but the smells have to be dead on.

Most women dont care for the food smells that much "it makes me hungry" is what I hear from about 85% of the female customers I have.

Bruce

My sales have shown me that guys dont buy mens perfume smells, women buy them. (I think to burn as bait):P

When a man and woman come up and they both pick out candles, the guys go for the food smells. I have a lime candle that they seem to be attracted to very much also. Guys like the silly scents also, its fun to smell root beer, bubble gum, cotton candy and junk like that, takes us back to the good old days I guess, but the smells have to be dead on.

Most women dont care for the food smells that much "it makes me hungry" is what I hear from about 85% of the female customers I have.

Bruce

LOL, Thank you Bruce. I can't say I've ever used that excuse, I personally like the food scents, but my 5 year old asked me the other night if he could eat what daddy was making (it was an apple cinnamon blend for one of our tarts). Your reply made me chuckle:) .

Thank you all for the advice. I'm trying my best to come up with some scents the guys will love for some of my gift baskets, and I wasn't sure which way to turn with it. I have a few different ideas now...including the food scents. Again, Thank you all.

Stacy

I know that my husband really LOVES vanilla!! Most guys I've met, love to smell vanilla on women, probably don't need to explain why!! ;)

My husband also really likes the bakery scents, such as banana nut bread, and the spicier scents, with cinnamon etc.

As far as manly scents- midsummers night, tuscan nights, mountain lake, cool citrus basil are all pretty masculine to me. Green Clover & Aloe is a very crisp clean smell-pretty unisex. ;)

HTH

I know that my husband really LOVES vanilla!! Most guys I've met, love to smell vanilla on women, probably don't need to explain why!! ;)

My husband also really likes the bakery scents, such as banana nut bread, and the spicier scents, with cinnamon etc.

As far as manly scents- midsummers night, tuscan nights, mountain lake, cool citrus basil are all pretty masculine to me. Green Clover & Aloe is a very crisp clean smell-pretty unisex. ;)

HTH

My top seller for men has been Peaks Black canyon, Vanilla Passion goes like crazy and Tuscan nights:cheesy2:

all the males in my family loves northern star, i also let my dh take some tarts to his work place to a guy that gets tarts off me, and 4 or 5 other people was wanting them. my son said he didn't want to a candle that smells like what he's wearing LOL! other than that they like the food ones.

• 4 weeks later...

My man likes clean scents and fruits. Not big on florals, always tells me they smell like soap lol. He also likes Butt Naked and Cool Citrus Basil. Then Pink Sugar on me LOL. I don't really sell, so I don't have much to base an answer on. My one true customer is a male, and he always wants Blueberry Muffin. About once a month he comes to me wanting another batch of votives, always Bluberry Muffin. It's nice because he doesn't care if they're colored or what they look like, just that they have a good throw. But I'm no longer allowed to pour food scents in the morning. BF woke up and thought I was baking, he wasn't happy to see that it wasn't food but wax. LOL