Getting Ready for Valentines Day

ladysj

AAAHHHHHHGGGGHHHH!! This thread should not be allowed to appear until after the 25th! (j/k) LOL!

In a perfect world, I would be determining what quantities I would need and of what products (web sale specials, specific shows, open house, wholesale).

Then I would be ordering my FO's/EO's and start my production as soon as I clean up my Christmas mess. :)

I will be starting Valentine's right after Christmas. Valentine's, for me, is becoming better than Christmas.

I do more than just candles. I have a retail store & I do wax melts, 3oz votives, 3 size standard jars, lots of Valentine containers, Pillars, dipped critters, room sprays, refresher oils, car fresheners, smelly jellies. B&B products - body spray 3 sizes, lotion 3 sizes, shower gel 2 sizes, 3 piece 1oz trial size sets body spray - lotion - shower gel, roll-on perfume oil, hand sanitizing gel 2 sizes, foaming hand soap 2 sizes. Balloon decorating for events & balloon bouquets of all types- styles & sizes. Silk Floral Arrangements. Candle & B&B gift baskets and deliver for Valentine's Day.

I will be starting Valentine's right after Christmas. Valentine's, for me, is becoming better than Christmas.

I do more than just candles. I have a retail store & I do wax melts, 3oz votives, 3 size standard jars, lots of Valentine containers, Pillars, dipped critters, room sprays, refresher oils, car fresheners, smelly jellies. B&B products - body spray 3 sizes, lotion 3 sizes, shower gel 2 sizes, 3 piece 1oz trial size sets body spray - lotion - shower gel, roll-on perfume oil, hand sanitizing gel 2 sizes, foaming hand soap 2 sizes. Balloon decorating for events & balloon bouquets of all types- styles & sizes. Silk Floral Arrangements. Candle & B&B gift baskets and deliver for Valentine's Day.

Candle Man

I want to be just like you when I grow up

I'm going to be doing a package deal with my friend - her business is handmade jewelry - very individual, ecelectic stuff. We're going to focus on the guy who's getting something for his wife/girlfriend, etc... and wants to really go fancy (set the stage, perhps??) with a few candles and maybe some potpourri.

Just got in the 2 scents I'll be doing, so for the net 2-3 weeks I'll be testing. My goal is to have everything made a little after mid-January so it can cure and be ready for the big day! :grin2: But I have to tell you... I got some new tins in and I hear them calling me every day..... "work on me, work on me, who needs Valentine's Day....." LOL

Candleman I like your idea of delivery.I could do that on my website for local people.Got to get those basket ideas in order and the sizes I want.Have 4 orders doing now for Friends.Waited till last minute so they go out today.

LynnS

I'm going to be doing a package deal with my friend - her business is handmade jewelry - very individual, ecelectic stuff. We're going to focus on the guy who's getting something for his wife/girlfriend, etc... and wants to really go fancy (set the stage, perhps??) with a few candles and maybe some potpourri.

Just got in the 2 scents I'll be doing, so for the net 2-3 weeks I'll be testing. My goal is to have everything made a little after mid-January so it can cure and be ready for the big day! :grin2: But I have to tell you... I got some new tins in and I hear them calling me every day..... "work on me, work on me, who needs Valentine's Day....." LOL

What 2 scents are you choosing to go with? This will be my first Valentine's Day. I'm not going to offer very many scents so I'm not sure which ones would be the best.

LoveSpell and FrenchVanAmber - both from Peak's.

I have to tell you I'm not incredibly fond of the LoveSpell but I've heard good stuff about it, so I'm going to give it a try this year.

With only 2 scents and 2 containers that's 4 combos of FO, dye, container and wick to mess with - makes it much easier on me!

Anyone else have some good tried and true V-Day scents?

Love Spell is a good seller..just about any of Victoria Secret fo is a good seller

I agree with the Love Spell and VS dupes all around. I have gone through large amounts of Love Spell and Heavenly both for the christmas holiday, with both dipped bears and candles. Pink Sugar is another one that I have sold a lot of, so with that in mind, I am just going to keep it in stock for the Valentines season, but added a couple of other VS dupes as well to offer during Valentines.

Do I need to duck to say I already started on graduation time as well? lol My son's girlfriend loves dipped and injected bears and her friends have all gone nuts over the ones she has, so I am getting some graduation bears in our local high school colors and instead of dipping or injecting, I am going to make small body spray bottles to go with the bears in a couple of different scents. I have a preorder for 10 already, but that can wait till AFTER Valentines day of course.

I was lying awake thinking about this last night .HMMMM, must be the night sweats :eek: I am hoping to pour around mid Jan.after I make my list,but I got called to appear for jury duty :undecided -that stinks cuz' it starts on my B-day :angry2: . Hopefully it won't last too long.Watch,my luck it'll be some serious crime and drag out in court forever :shocked2:

LoveSpell and FrenchVanAmber - both from Peak's.

I have to tell you I'm not incredibly fond of the LoveSpell but I've heard good stuff about it, so I'm going to give it a try this year.

With only 2 scents and 2 containers that's 4 combos of FO, dye, container and wick to mess with - makes it much easier on me!

Anyone else have some good tried and true V-Day scents?

I've tried 3 different love spells and I think the one from peaks stinks. Try lonestar, theres has a more citrus smell to it.