Looking for something New.....

I am bored with container candles and have learned how to make grubby electrics, started on making tarts and would like to conquer something new.......any ideas???

I would like to stay in wax related items vs. soap but I love the soap duckies that one of the ladies on here does so that might be an option. OR....selling tarts with burners? Then there is the cost of the tart warmers....any wholesalers that you know of on those?

Sorry for all of the questions.....just sitting here thinking about what new to do.

Wow, you conquered tarts in 4 days. Now that's a record in itself.

Raggedy Dani has a co op going on now for OBI tart warmers at cheap prices.

Well I agree with the last post, Cut and Carve.

Or

3 or 4 wick Pillar candles

Or

Cake or Pie Candles

Mindy

I dont recall saying I conquered tarts? but I have made them and have yet to decide if I like doing them or if it is even worth the effort. I am also waiting to get my tart warmer for Christmas to try them out. I really do not want to buy one just to test them to see how they do plus I do not want to hurt my daughters feelings by buying one.

I just want to do something that is more challenging......I was contemplating the hurricanes. I like the ones that have the pics on them but they look really complicated.

cc:) why not try a candle making book? they usually have different projects that you could try or even if you decided to try pillars again, there is a lot you can do with them; carve, overdip,stencil, paint, embed,etc. good luck:)

I dont recall saying I conquered tarts? but I have made them and have yet to decide if I like doing them or if it is even worth the effort. I am also waiting to get my tart warmer for Christmas to try them out. I really do not want to buy one just to test them to see how they do plus I do not want to hurt my daughters feelings by buying one.

I just want to do something that is more challenging......I was contemplating the hurricanes. I like the ones that have the pics on them but they look really complicated.

Ok, maybe I was a little confused after your first post stating you just started making tarts and now want to conquer something else.

Well I listed the co op because you asked if anyone knew of wholesale tart warmers and OBI is one :confused: . By no means are tarts that challenging, but maybe try the hurricanes with pictures or embeds in them.

Mindy

Have you tried rustic cold poured pillars, or maybe layers or chunks? I also like doing overdipped pillars with the cookie cutter cut out shapes so they glow thru. Carving designs on pillars and staining them with shoe polish or brown liquid dye is fun too. How about hand dipped tapers? Or marbelized pillars, where you float a few colors of acrylic paint on the surface of the water bath and dip the pillar in and swirl it around so the paint does a marbelized effect on the candle. Might be a few fun ideas to try :cheesy2:

I am a two week old newbie. What the h#@# are tarts? Sure seems like a dumb question but...................

Not sure you have to be new to making candles to know what a tart is. I think you need to get out more.

Just so you know, a tart is scented wax poured into little molds and burned in a tart warmer.

Not sure you have to be new to making candles to know what a tart is. I think you need to get out more.

Just so you know, a tart is scented wax poured into little molds and burned in a tart warmer.

Since this one has no idea what a tart is, you may want to clarify and say you MELT them in a tart warmer....someone just might try to 'burn' one! ROFLMAO!!!!santa wink

I always thought people knew what tarts/melts were, but no... I have to explain to everyone what they are. Than they say oh yeah, I have seen those or I have one. I just look at them a little puzzled as to why did they have a tart burner if they didn't know what it was used for????? Hmmmm.... I think people really truely don't have a clue and need to be explained what things are. It's kinda scary. Yeah, I think it would be easier to go out and look at the candle displays and see what candle products are out their.

ouch i've seen alot on this board but those last two posts seemed a little harsh maybe she knows them as something else other than tarts

Agreed, that was harsh. I have to admit, before finding this board, I didn't know what tarts were either. Why is that something everyone should automatically know???

I can understand half the general population not knowing tarts by their name. especially since if you sell them, you have to call them something else or you will get a nasty letter from YankOff. i cannot understand someone who melts wax not knowing. it would be like not knowing what a voltive is.

:D

Agreed, that was harsh. I have to admit, before finding this board, I didn't know what tarts were either. Why is that something everyone should automatically know???

It's NOT something that you should automatically KNOW, but if you ask it knowing it's a "dumb question" why not do a SEARCH for it, after all that's what the search feature is for, and a million and a half answers would come up complete with pictures and everything!

It's NOT something that you should automatically KNOW, but if you ask it knowing it's a "dumb question" why not do a SEARCH for it, after all that's what the search feature is for, and a million and a half answers would come up complete with pictures and everything!

I wouldn't have considered it a "dumb" question in the first place. There's no such thing...unless one is asking a question they already know the answer to. Now THAT would be dumb.

As for using the search feature, OK GOT IT. We know that the Blessed, Hallowed search feature is under-used. But if a person has a quick question they want to ask, they are free to ask it WITHOUT going to the Righteous, Most High search feature. Other users can either answer the question or they can direct the person to Our God the search engine.

That poor, lonely search feature. We simply MUST use it more often!!! :D