How do you...

Measure (for weighing) out your FO? I was using the jelly jars I pour into, but I'm not sure I'm really happy with this, I think too much FO get's left behind. I tried measuring cups, this was just too clumsy. I only make about 2 candles per scent at a time (during testing) so something small would be best. FO's eat at a lot of plastics so that wouldn't be good. I just can't think of something that could hold an ounce or two at most of FO and be easy to manage.

Would love some suggestions!!

Thanks

Kelly

I bought a shot glass at Bed Bath and Beyond. It was around 3 dollars and it is marked in oz and other various measurements. I put it on the scale on oz, then hit the tare button and pour using the scales weight and not the shot glass.

The scale is key, so even a plastic measuring cup works too!

I am still testing too, and not having any luck yet on the wicks!

Well, I am waiting on 5 new testers to cure. :wink2:

If measuring my FO, I will use a shot glass sometimes. With my wax, I just weigh my wax in the pour pot and then weigh the FO directly into the wax while sitting on the scale. No fuss, no muss and no left over FO in the shot glass or whatever container you are weighing in.

Ditto - I use Dixie cups also.

For those using Dixie Cups, doesn't the FO eat through that waxy coating on the cups? Or absorb into the paper? Or am I thinking of the wrong kind of Dixie Cups?

Thanks for posting to this threat, some really great suggestions! I appreciate it!

Kelly

I got a tiny measuring cup at linens and things for 99cents. I guess it's like a little shot glass. I got it a couple years ago for liquid measurements in cooking. It has been long gone now though, it survived a trip over seas and back, but couldn't survive the linoleum floor it fell on...so sad...

I use the 1-ounce amber glass bottles I get sample FOs in from Bramble Berry. They're wide mouth, have a pretty narrow shoulder so the FO drains out easily, and work perfectly! :)

But I've used votive molds too - and those work really, really well. I like using votive holders too.

Lori

If measuring my FO, I will use a shot glass sometimes. With my wax, I just weigh my wax in the pour pot and then weigh the FO directly into the wax while sitting on the scale. No fuss, no muss and no left over FO in the shot glass or whatever container you are weighing in.

YOU GO GIRL! :highfive: I always weigh my FO directly into the pour pot. I melt the wax in my presto pot; pour wax into pour pot and let cool to 180*; put pour pot on scale; tare it to zero, and then weigh my FO. Like you said, "No fuss, NO muss, and most important, NO leftover "expensive" fragrance. Fragrance is like Maxwell House coffee..."Good to the last drop!" :laugh2: