Tart Makers - what kind of soy wax do you use?

I use a soy pillar blend for tarts.I also use my leftover container wax(but to soft) so I have decided to mix the two and do a 50/50 blend. Both waxes are the flakes so want to do that rather than parafin(blocks) and my soy container wax. I get lots of compliments on my tarts.Their texture and looks so I am hoping they keep the look of my pillar wax and not be smooth and plain like my soy contaiiner wax.

LynnS

Question for those of you who use the Soy Container wax for tarts...if you use tart molds do you have a difficult time getting it out of the mold. I have a lot of soy container wax that I want to use up but I didn't think I could use it for tarts because it would be too soft? TIA :smiley2:

Question for those of you who use the Soy Container wax for tarts...if you use tart molds do you have a difficult time getting it out of the mold. I have a lot of soy container wax that I want to use up but I didn't think I could use it for tarts because it would be too soft? TIA :smiley2:

I've made them with soy container wax and if they stick to the mold, if you pop them in the freezer for a couple of minutes, they will come right out of the mold.

I use KY Pillar/Votive blend soy wax.

All natural, works like a charm in the clamshell.

Container soy wax is too soft, and it makes for a shabby appearance, in my experience. I can't stick the labels inside if I use this wax, without looking like a greasy, smeared mess. UGH! Not happening.

I am rethinking these clamshells.

I had them, I got rid of them- I brought them back. Not a huge fan.

I just made about 25 tarts over the weekend. I used EZ Soy and added a small amount of BW I bought at Michael's Crafts. I have also added stearic acid as well.

I have amazing cold and hot throw, people at work are using the tarts as air freshners for their lockers and cars, LOL!:grin2:

However, I am a hobbyest, and I do see the greasiness mentioned, IMO, people who I am giving them to do not notice.

A bit OT but kinda related:

I went into Hallmark today at work during lunchbreak to scope out candles and prices; and I was with a coworker.

I smelled alot of no scent candles that were labeled as scented and ALOT of uncentered wicks!!!

I pointed the wicks out to my coworker, and he said he would have never noticed it if I had not shown him...

But I know the greasy thing irks some people too.

Stacien,

I bought some of the GB tart wax that you recommended. This will be my first time making tarts. Do I need to mix the wax with anything (besides fragrance & color) or leave it straight? Also, do I need to use some sort of tart release spray with this?

I also pour mine directly into clamshells. I haven't done tarts yet and I really have had no complaints about it being too soft. As a matter of fact, I popped some out the other day and they were quite firm, which surprised me. The only one I have had trouble with was the pumpkin cheesecake. It didn't pop out of the clamshells as nicely as my others have.

I use Ecosoya P.B for my tarts, container blends just too soft & I can't be bothered fiddling around scrubbing out the moulds if the c.b gets stuck.

Most of the F.O's I've used have worked well & lasted for so long I get bored with the scent. Any that fade too quick don't get used again.

Sally.

I would try with or without and see what is better for you. I usually do use the release spray because I use chocolate molds. I just added the FO and poured at the specified temp. I tweeked my regular 415 with everything and still haven't liked it as much as this as far as throw. I noticed it seems to hold the scent longer too. I use the tarts in my house a lot. See how you like it.