Where do you store your cases of soy?

Do you keep them inside, or out in the garage? Do you have to worry so much about temp changes BEFORE you pour too? I am using pure soy, and just wondering......TIA~Dana

I will be following the replys to this post also. Im looking at renting a place but I need a place that has a/c or at least a window so that I can install one. I also looked at getting the portable a/c, is anyone familiar with those?

I've only been using soy for the last year. I don't know if I'm storing properly but this is what I do.

Once I get my box of EZ-Soy I seperate it into freezer zip lock bags weighing 2# each. One that is done I place the bags into a rubbermade storage container that I also have a desiccant pack into to help prevent any moisture. Why??? I don't know but I fiqure since I had them it wouldn't hurt. Once there all packed away in my plastic tote I store it out of the way in my garage. I always keep a few bags in the house so they stay at room temp. So far I haven't had any issues doing it this way.

Mine sits in my dining area in my condo in front of what I think is my table, but since I have 5o thousand other things that I sell at the flea market piled on top and around it so Im not sure if its really a dining area any more:cool2:

I do keep my temperature at 78 degrees and the wax is always in the original box and plastic wrap that it came in. I also have left finished candles in my car all day too, thats not to smart though but my car smells really really good when I do that:shocked2:

I purchase in larger bulk of about 400-500lbs at a time some it's all stored under my 8 foot pour table in the basement! The temps can be very cold in the winter and I don't fire my wood burner down there unless I plan to pour for the day or evening.

But the totes sound like a great idea that even I should consider! Great idea!

Fire:cool2:

I purchase a skid at a time and have always stored in my garage. There is no heat and no air, it's the only place I have to store it. I bet the warehouse it came from doesn't have heat or air either, most don't.

That's exactly what my husband said last night........while he was carrying 7 cases of wax down to the basement! I was just tired of worrying about it. It got down into the 30's the last couple of nights, and I would be watching that garage door like a hawk, making sure everyone would close it as SOON as they came in. By reading the replies, I guess I was being anal about it. Well, now I can tell my husband to carry them all back up! lol:laugh2:

I can't keep anything in my garage, due to mice, so I keep my boxes of soy in the basement, under my table I have holding my Presto pots. It is a bit of a chore to lug then down, but I plan on only keeping 5 cases at a time, which is CStore's minimum for the price break. I then transfer a box into empty plastic cat litter totes I get from Sam's Club. They hold about 20 lbs each and seal up nice and tight.

geek

I can't keep anything in my garage, due to mice, so I keep my boxes of soy in the basement, under my table I have holding my Presto pots. It is a bit of a chore to lug then down....

geek

This is where having a very strong, muscular 15-year-old son comes in handy for me. ;)

I have expressly forbidden him to grow up and leave home. :laugh2:

I keep my wax in the garage no heat no air-conditioning - have not had a problem yet.

Does anyone store their finished candles in a cold or hot garage? I put mine in the house - but would love to keep everything in the garage. Let me know if you do. Thanks Debi

I store my wax in an extra bedroom...we do not have basements in South Florida and with all the heat and humidity down here my garage easily gets up into the mid to upper 80's most of the year...would be concerned about it melting on me...:shocked2:

I have to lug down myself. Anyone else stand at the top and wonder if the box would hold if you just rolled it down?:D

Don't you have a male friend or relative? :wink2:

I refuse to carry wax- or anything heavy.

This what a man is for. They are easily bribed.

The boxes don't match my outfits, and I might break a nail.

Heaven forbid. :spit:

Don't you have a male friend or relative? :wink2:

I refuse to carry wax- or anything heavy.

This what a man is for. They are easily bribed.

The boxes don't match my outfits, and I might break a nail.

Heaven forbid. :spit:

LOL yes I do have a male lump on the couch. He's actually been very supportive, but for some reason won't help me with the wax/jars and he has a continually stuffed up nose!!! What good is that to a candlemaker????:P

This is another trick he has..... I lug the 40 lb. bag of dog food from the store shelf, into the cart, out into the trunk and all the way home. When I get home he takes it in and says (to the dogs) "Look what daddy bought you". :waiting:

LOL yes I do have a male lump on the couch. He's actually been very supportive, but for some reason won't help me with the wax/jars and he has a continually stuffed up nose!!! What good is that to a candlemaker????:P

This is another trick he has..... I lug the 40 lb. bag of dog food from the store shelf, into the cart, out into the trunk and all the way home. When I get home he takes it in and says (to the dogs) "Look what daddy bought you". :waiting:

LMAO..."look what daddy bought you"...that's too fricken funny!

I have to lug down myself. Anyone else stand at the top and wonder if the box would hold if you just rolled it down?:D

When there isn't a man around, I slide mine down the stairs a step at a time...then slide them to my pouring area. I just slide on! :laugh2:

I store my wax in the basement in my old laundry room...stays cooler in the summer, and even cooler in the winter, but not cold. I have stored in my garage with no problem too.