New Soap & Lotion Jars

The fabric adds a lot to the "look." I like it. Where do you get your fabric? Our so-called "super" Walmart has next to nothing, and I am looking for some to tie my soaps in the crates that my husband made for me.

Thanks,

Well I get from Walmart usually.. but I guess now I will have to find it elsewhere?? I do have a Hancock fabric and also another smaller fabric store nearby. Maybe the smaller one will be able to get me homespun special. Why is it so hard to find?? LOL

I do have a ton of the new mustard homespuns...and had it on Ebay.

The homespun stuff is new to me, but I have really enjoyed looking at pics incorporating it with packaging products. I haven't been to Walmart for a couple of weeks, but I'm gonna go see what they might have that I can use. I just hate to go there!! Don't know why, I'm a stockholder and love it that others go there.

I am going to be honest, I expect others to do tha same with me.

I can see some one thinking its novel, it is very unique idea, I have never seen one before.

To me, my first impression was junky.. the fabric looks large and overpowering to the container.. maybe thinner fabric or a nice label on jar would make it look more professional, but if you are going for that totally homemade, kitchen craft project look, then great.

I could see this sitting on my kitchen sink with soap, but not really in my bedroom or bath.

This is just my personal opinion.. no offense meant in any way.

I sold a ton of these last year at the Retail Fairs (we even sold them empty so they could fill them themselves OR they could order one with whatever scent from our line that they wanted)...we used black pumps on silver and rusty lids and made 16oz and little 8oz and I had a few 6oz jars we used too. They were a huge hit! For my wholesale customers I started offering a "free" tester with a case of 36 lotions....these being the tester filled with a lotion and they could choose the scent....really encouraged alot of them to buy a case of 36 so they could get a tester! We tied homespun on ours also but tied it up on the pump part and added a hangtag with our info and the scent.

I am going to be honest, I expect others to do tha same with me.

I can see some one thinking its novel, it is very unique idea, I have never seen one before.

To me, my first impression was junky.. the fabric looks large and overpowering to the container.. maybe thinner fabric or a nice label on jar would make it look more professional, but if you are going for that totally homemade, kitchen craft project look, then great.

I could see this sitting on my kitchen sink with soap, but not really in my bedroom or bath.

This is just my personal opinion.. no offense meant in any way.

I agree with Soapermom and PA.. This is overdone in my opinion.. Same with the ones in the candle gallery.

Thanks for everyone opinion.

I am going for the country homemade look. I am not into (or are my customers) the mass produced look.

I was toying with the homespun ideas some.. and so still not totally fixed on what that will look like.

As for my grubby candles in my other post.. those are a huge Prim hit. :)

I agree with Soapermom, she is dead on.

The concept is very cute. But the homespun and the large hangtag overshadow the product. The jars themselves are unique, and I would suggestion playing the up a bit with a label on the jar, and thinner homespun.

If you really like the larger homespun, I would try putting the lotion jar in a cello bag and tying it off with a bow.

"Country Homemade" is a huge market.

But I think less is more. :wink2:

Have you tested those metal lids, that the pump is in?

I would think they will rust over time, either from the product or from moisture collecting on the inside of the lid. Rust in a product no good.

Maybe fill a solid lid with product then let it sit for a few weeks and see if they rust.

Have you tested those metal lids, that the pump is in?

I would think they will rust over time, either from the product or from moisture collecting on the inside of the lid. Rust in a product no good.

Maybe fill a solid lid with product then let it sit for a few weeks and see if they rust.

I just went and checked mine in the bathroom (just to make sure).....which I keep refilling with the scent I like. Anyway it has been in use for over a year and no rust anywhere. BUT when I refill I always wash it out before adding the new lotion and liquid soap. So I dunno.....no prob with rust here after over a year of use. I do beleive it would also depend on what is in your lotions or soaps....that could make a huge difference as different ingredients might react differently

I just went and checked mine in the bathroom (just to make sure).....which I keep refilling with the scent I like. Anyway it has been in use for over a year and no rust anywhere. BUT when I refill I always wash it out before adding the new lotion and liquid soap. So I dunno.....no prob with rust here after over a year of use. I do believe it would also depend on what is in your lotions or soaps....that could make a huge difference as different ingredients might react differently

Thanks, Just wanted to make sure that rust would not become an issue, for those that use these.

That is a very good practice to keep doing. You don't want to add fresh clean product to a possibly contaminated bottle.

I didn't have an issue with the look, I do rustic/prim/country/homespun myself( everyone calls it something different it seems). I just felt the stuff was too big for the jar.. it over powered and obscured the jar and product.

I agree it does overtake the smaller jar.... but I think the bigger is ok. JMO

Thanks for being honest...that is why we post pics right? To get honest feedback...and I take all into consideration :D