Fragrance dilema-JS Fragrances

Tracey

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought some of these were supposed to be Missy's old oils? I remember all the rave reviews as I too purchased a bunch of samples. I did find a few throwers (keepers) but the majority did nothing for me in soy/cottonseed. I did email her about one in particular that was raved about.....OOB it was so weak I thought maybe I got the wrong one, LOL. I poured it anyway as I was assured it was strong and it was dead as a door knob. I firmly believe with any company it is trial and error. However, I too doubt these oils are even being tested. They fly in too quick! Having tested from manufactures in the past I know how hard it is to find the keepers. It's like finding a needle in a haystack! That's why some companies take so long to find what they are looking for. It's more times a miss then a hit! With that said, even the tested oils can be a miss for any one of us. We still have to do our own testing. As long as her oils stay consistant, I see no harm in doing your own testing and weeding through her oils. Her prices are cheap and she does offer a lot of great deals if you can find what works for you.

A couple I found worth buying are the Hycinath Chula Orchad, Mojitto Coctail & Cinnamon Bun w/vanilla frosting. The Chestnuts & Brown Sugar was drool worthy but did nothing in the wax for me.

Well I may as well jump in with my reviews.

I have ordered twice from JS I got three different scents:

Pink Lemonade

Chestnuts and Brown Sugar

Cinnamon, Caramel Lattie

As well as about twenty 1oz testers!

The wax is C-3 soy/veggie~ 1.5oz pp~ Cured for 6 days

Pink Lemonade threw OKAY but many customers didn't think it was very strong and I dropped it after 1 pound.

CN&BS~ Sells well at shows but is way too sweet for me to even test. But it threw VERY WELL for my testers! Never sold in stores. Will POSSIBLY use it for a winter scent and discontinue in the spring

CCL~ LOVE this scent but I did have to tweek it myself to bring out all of the notes. Once I fixed it though, it threw better for my customers and they liked it but it still a slow seller and a no sell in stores.

I smelled the testers and put 2 of them in wax but they weren't strong enough for me and I and decided not to waste anymore wax. I wish her the best but do agree, she needs to upgrade the scents or go strictly BB supplier. I felt the same way about Wellington Fragrances too! Weak and watery scents!:shocked2:

I think Becky is a very nice women who IS trying her best to make a go of her business and I can certainly respect that! But so~ so F/O will not do it for me as I have a local supplier who can beat her prices, the quality of her oils and NO shipping. I have had those said local scents reviewed in tart/clamshell swaps too on Tess's page. I know Boleks scents will throw in C-3 because I tested most of them in my wax. Those that I have tested and carry, throw great. in C-3 wax both candle and clamshell!:yay:

JS is also in my state too but I spend the money and go to Peaks before returning to JS.

This has been MY experience. I'm NOT jumping on a pileup against this company but I will be honest in my review.

I personally wish Beck the very best with her company.

Fire:cool2:

OK- I admit it I am JS junkie! LOL I will say that Becky's customer service is what keeps me coming back. With the free samples she includes, I usually end up ordering at least 1 out of the 3. I have A LOT of really strong throws in my wax with her oils. I also have some weak ones. And then some in between that just don't *grab* me. Right now 3 out of 5 of my top sellers are from JS.

I know I will be in the minority here- but I like getting the weekly emails. YES- I do get ticked off when just the week before I ordered a scent only to find it suddenly discounted. BUT now I have learned to wait. LOL Eventually, everything will have some kind of sale. Since I am not as big as most of you, I can afford to do this.

I am really shocked about hearing that some of you were dropped from the mailing list. I don't know enough to comment one way or the other.... but if what you are saying is true, that is REALLY bad!!!!!! And the other things being said are making me :( I found JS right when I started and Becky was opening up also.... so, I am thankful for the oils that I do get from her that ROCK. I do try other places. What bugs me is that the oils that ROCK from JS are not as expensive as the oils from other places. I guess that is one of the main reasons why I keep going back to JS- the prices.

Oh well, I wish there was a supplier that had it all- cheap prices, cheap shipping, great customer service, fantastic oils, free samples out the wazoo.... But I guess that is a dream LOL

anyhow- just wanted to throw that in :)

Tracey,

I use JS waxes and find better throw after 7 days cure. Some are very light throwers like Cherish so I use it in B&B. Everyone's nose is not the same. I have tons of JS scents and like every other supplier on God's green earth some throw heavy and some don't. I would love to know of a supplier that carries as many scents as Becky that has 100% heavy throw record for 100% of their clients.

For some reason Becky is either loved or hated. I don't know why.....she's a supplier like many others that have great customer service and good quality oils. I personally like Becky because she is a people person and likes to get feedback from her regular customers.

I like JS scents but I also like WillowWoods, Nature's Garden, Cajun, BitterCreek, Scented Bean, Tennessee, ICS, Greenleaf, Brambleberry, ScentWorks and the list goes on and on. I just don't get why when Becky's name comes up people who like her scents are ridiculed to the point of insult. Some people just need to grow up and realize they need to start having a life outside these chat rooms. I guess when they leave this Earth their ulogy will go something like...Yes she was a fiesty ole gal...very passionate about how much she hated JustScent. Made it her life's mission to bash Becky every chance she got. Too bad that's all she did with her life!

Becky is one of 100's of suppliers out there. Get a life, people!

Tracey,

I use JS waxes and find better throw after 7 days cure. Some are very light throwers like Cherish so I use it in B&B. Everyone's nose is not the same. I have tons of JS scents and like every other supplier on God's green earth some throw heavy and some don't. I would love to know of a supplier that carries as many scents as Becky that has 100% heavy throw record for 100% of their clients.

For some reason Becky is either loved or hated. I don't know why.....she's a supplier like many others that have great customer service and good quality oils. I personally like Becky because she is a people person and likes to get feedback from her regular customers.

I like JS scents but I also like WillowWoods, Nature's Garden, Cajun, BitterCreek, Scented Bean, Tennessee, ICS, Greenleaf, Brambleberry, ScentWorks and the list goes on and on. I just don't get why when Becky's name comes up people who like her scents are ridiculed to the point of insult. Some people just need to grow up and realize they need to start having a life outside these chat rooms. I guess when they leave this Earth their ulogy will go something like...Yes she was a fiesty ole gal...very passionate about how much she hated JustScent. Made it her life's mission to bash Becky every chance she got. Too bad that's all she did with her life!

Becky is one of 100's of suppliers out there. Get a life, people!

Yeah, the Becky-bashing is entirely unnecessary. I too am a self-professed JS junkie, and as I mentioned before, use several oils from this company. I will admit that the newsletter thing is a bit disturbing, if that's the way it's gone down. I also use other suppliers, and have found my own list of preferred FO's from them as well...

With candles, it's all in the testing. I can't say with any level of certainty that all of Becky's oils are tested when they are introduced to her line...no one knows this but the folks at JS. But as a chandler, I have a responsibility to test the scents I order, and if it doesn't cut it, I won't order it again, and I'll try something else. Rather than slamming on a company or supplier, I may choose to try other scents from the company, or I may move on to another supplier entirely...it just isn't worth my time to belittle them on a message board. It will just boil down to me spending my $$$ elsewhere. :rolleyes2

OK- I admit it I am JS junkie! LOL

I was beginning to think I was the only one! LOL I love JS. I guess I'm just really lucky at picking the right ones or that Becky's oils just work in my wax blend. I think I've probably tried 70% of her oils and NOT ONE didn't throw for me. Her great service, prices and the performance of her oils keep me going back again and again. Of my top 10 best sellers, 7 of those are JS oils that I have an incredibly difficult time keeping in stock. That's all I'm going to say other than I'm glad I'm not alone in my obsession with Just Scent!

well i don't pay any attention to how often i get email from becky but i didn't over the weekend. i didn't come on here to bash JS ( Becky) because she is a nice person and has good prices, plus fast shipping but i was just being honest in the FO's that did or didn't work for me, and again i will say it could be my wax or something i'm doing, the 5 or 6 scents that i did mentioned, i will keep on buying them, the jewel holiday cake sample i got from her was good and i will order more of it, Js isn't the only place i got a scent that didn't smell good to me. i just hate it because i have bought so many and they didn't smell good to me,

Oh well, I wish there was a supplier that had it all- cheap prices, cheap shipping, great customer service, fantastic oils, free samples out the wazoo.... But I guess that is a dream LOL

Aside from free samples out the wazoo, that sounds pretty much like ICS. They are now my only FO supplier. I've tried a few others, but I always come back to ICS. The prices are just awesome, and their FOs throw very well in my 70/30.

About JS, I've tried a couple of her oils. The creme de la creme was EXTREMELY strong in soy. It's a shame I don't like the scent. That one was a thrower... almost made me sick it was so strong. I also liked her frosted berry blizzard, but I used it in soap mostly. I tried it in some pillars, but hot throw was weak. And her perfect pear was nice in J50, pretty good hot throw.

Aside from free samples out the wazoo, that sounds pretty much like ICS. They are now my only FO supplier. I've tried a few others, but I always come back to ICS. The prices are just awesome, and their FOs throw very well in my 70/30..

I second that! Love ICS(www.candlesupplys.us) . Love the oils, the varied sizes you can buy, the prices, the customer service & quick shipping & the fact that you can choose your own shipping method right online at checkout.Worth a try for anyone who hasn't used them yet. Try a sampler

I have nothing against JS-Becky is very nice and has great service..it's just that her oils weren't working in my wax...or working well.....it happens. I am glad her supporters came out as well. She does have some wonderful fragrances and I will use up some of the samples I have in some B & B.

I use NG, ICS, KY and Scented Bean for most of my fragrances and have run across some that just don't work well. I am just now testing some from Candle Source and so far am loving the few I have tested and will be receiving more this week....and I agree, there is no 100% guarantee.

Tracey

Hey Scentsme-

I agree with you on ICS. Now she will be carrying Lebermuth oils-never tried them and have only read a little on them-couldn't find much, but some of them sound great!! She doesn't have sample packs for those yet, but most of them have a 1oz size and a decent price.....

Tracey

Hey Scentsme-

I agree with you on ICS. Now she will be carrying Lebermuth oils-never tried them and have only read a little on them-couldn't find much, but some of them sound great!! She doesn't have sample packs for those yet, but most of them have a 1oz size and a decent price.....

Tracey

Just another reason to get in more trouble!

I don't think anyone that posted here was "bashing" Just Scent, they just stated the facts they way they "see" them.

Even throw/performance is all relative to the sniffer/chandler, really. Everyone's perception of a "strong throw" varies.

Me, personally I only use one of JS's FO's on a regular basis (although I have quite a few samples I haven't used yet and a few others I've only used a handful of times) and that's the Silky V Vanilla, it's one of my best sellers, but now I guess it's been reformulated so I'm scared it's gonna be different.

:(

I think it's GREAT to hear the good, the bad and the ugly about suppliers, it helps me make decisions, but also is not the only deciding factor, cuz like I said performance is all relative to the individual. ;)

I thought the same exact thing when I purchased all of my samples. Then I tried them in 464. They seem to throw a lot better in that particular blend than straight soy. I also noticed the scent throws a lot better with melts and tarts than with a flame.

I thought the same exact thing when I purchased all of my samples. Then I tried them in 464. They seem to throw a lot better in that particular blend than straight soy. I also noticed the scent throws a lot better with melts and tarts than with a flame.

So far 3 out of the 4 JS scents I have tested have thrown good to very good for me (I too use the 464). I was pleasantly surprised and still have a bunch more testers to try...I too had read the "mixed" reviews on JS but thought I'd give them a shot since their prices are so reasonable (I live in CA and shipping is murder). I can say that if you use the 464 they are definitely worth a try.

I also have a ton of JS oils and I have had no problem with them at all. I do B&B however I have 4 friends that I know use her oils in candles and they have never had a problem at all. Maybe some folks need to make some changes to there products not drum up bs to complain about. And as for her customer svc, I am sure if you had a problem with anything that she has sold you, BECKY herself would do whatever it takes to make you happy. I think that some folks need to knock it off and find something else to talk about. Like me since I speak the truth, I am sure I will be next, but that is ok I have broad shoulders too & I work full time so I don't have time for all of the petty crap.

I also have a ton of JS oils and I have had no problem with them at all. I do B&B however I have 4 friends that I know use her oils in candles and they have never had a problem at all. Maybe some folks need to make some changes to there products not drum up bs to complain about. And as for her customer svc, I am sure if you had a problem with anything that she has sold you, BECKY herself would do whatever it takes to make you happy. I think that some folks need to knock it off and find something else to talk about. Like me since I speak the truth, I am sure I will be next, but that is ok I have broad shoulders too & I work full time so I don't have time for all of the petty crap.

How laughable that you would suggest that those who don't get a scent throw might need to make changes to their products, rather than conclude the more obvious which would be that some folks are just willing to settle for less, or absolutely just don't know any better!! After all of the folks who came out in this thread, NOT to flame, mind you, but to voice disappointment, I would think that some eyes might be opened, and the changes made where they SHOULD be made.. beginning at the source.

You who claim not to have time for the petty crap, but still can't stop yourselves from posting to threads to get your name in lights, or your opinions heard make me laugh heartily.

I'm sure that Becky would attempt to help anyone who voiced their concerns to her.. I'm sure that's why people have come on here complaining that her help was USELESS.. telling them that it was their wax?? Telling them that their floaties were Raw materials?? Yeah, that's making it right. But, giving her the benefit of doubt and assuming that she WOULD try to help fix this stuff is more than we should have to do at this point. We shouldn't have to waste our time, or effort attempting to get a supplier to give us something that will work. WE shouldn't have to bother with that. Don't you have enough to worry about with your business without having to be concerned with getting a supplier to meet your needs after they have failed to do so??

:highfive: *getdown*:rockon:Prairie!

Why is it this is considered bashing/flaming when folks express their experiences that don't jive with what others have experienced? Especially when there seems to be a pattern?

How laughable that you would suggest that those who don't get a scent throw might need to make changes to their products, rather than conclude the more obvious which would be that some folks are just willing to settle for less, or absolutely just don't know any better!! After all of the folks who came out in this thread, NOT to flame, mind you, but to voice disappointment, I would think that some eyes might be opened, and the changes made where they SHOULD be made.. beginning at the source.

You who claim not to have time for the petty crap, but still can't stop yourselves from posting to threads to get your name in lights, or your opinions heard make me laugh heartily.

I'm sure that Becky would attempt to help anyone who voiced their concerns to her.. I'm sure that's why people have come on here complaining that her help was USELESS.. telling them that it was their wax?? Telling them that their floaties were Raw materials?? Yeah, that's making it right. But, giving her the benefit of doubt and assuming that she WOULD try to help fix this stuff is more than we should have to do at this point. We shouldn't have to waste our time, or effort attempting to get a supplier to give us something that will work. WE shouldn't have to bother with that. Don't you have enough to worry about with your business without having to be concerned with getting a supplier to meet your needs after they have failed to do so??

first off their are many that have posted to this thread, and we are not liars this is just the opinions of us that use a variety of waxes and some or all of the fo's just don't work for us.and we should not have to change the wax we use. there are plenty of suppliers that have fo's that work extremely well for us. i'm glad they work for you. nobody is bashing becky herself, she has a very nice selection she just needs to tell her manufacturer to up the quality by a few bucks and make them grade a oils.

she has some of the best shea butter. hey think i'll get put back on the mailing list i said something nice. lol