Fragrance dilema-JS Fragrances

Tracey

IMO I think it would add more value if when posting your likes or dislikes with specific suppliers/scents to be more specific in how you're using the oil...candles, b&b, soap, etc... Especially with candles, what kind of wax you're using. For some reason I heard a lot of good reviews on JS which got me to try them. Now it could of been it worked better for non-candles and I might of assumed they used in candles so my bad for not asking & just assuming. I haven't received my oils yet but I will post my likes and dislikes with it in my wax.

You hit the nail on the head. Reviews without details are worthless. OOB reviews are worse than worthless.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silky soy-

I did mention that I was pouring in candles and using KY125 in my first post....

I do appreciate everyone's views and opinions. I was hoping to find out if anyone had luck with any of those mentioned. I have a couple I may try yet, but have many more samples to test from other suppliers. I do use KY, just found Candle Source and will order from them again, am thinking about Millcreek. I do have quite a few from ICS that are wonderful and NG.

I will most likely use the samples I have left from JS-a lot of them-for some Bath N Body and see how they do....

Thanks again everyone.....

Tracey

Hi Tracey - I wasn't being specific to anyone in my post by my comment...just making a general statment on how it's helpful for others like myself if we know specifics on how JS oils are used. Just as some are saying they are good others are saying they're bad and no additional information there too...goes both ways.

I use KY 125 too. Most were a miss, I tried a bunch of Christmas-y scents. They were all ones that say they worked well in soy too.

Ones that worked well for me were Starfruit & Mango and Mojito. I could have sworn her Berry Buttercream and Winterberry Wreath did good too. I think Christmas Splendor and Berry Balsam both were not good for me.

Lemon Sugar - throws for me, but is a light throw. Still a keeper becuase how good it smells.

Sandalwood and Bee Blossom- strong throw for me.

The rest you mentioned either I never tried, or I didn't care for (so I can't remember the strength).

I really like JS and am lucky that *most* do throw for me. Not saying that all do, but most of them. I am lucky in the fact that usually the scents I love I have success with! :yay:

I have had really bad luck with oils from Nature's Garden. I just can't get them to throw for me. Which makes me want to scream becuase I love a lot of the scents they offer. After two tries, I realized that I need to cut my losses. It sounds like you are getting close to that point with JS.

I don't think that just becuase NG's oils don't work for me I should start to bash the company. Some oils work for some people and some don't. :)

edited becuase I can't spell! LOL

The common feelings in this thread seem to be that the CS and turn-around times are great and the FOs smell great OOB. No where in this thread did I see anyone bash JS IMO- they just stated facts based on their personal experience.

I have some great throwers in soy from JS, and also some duds..(that were supposed to be a "must try" in soy and did not throw for me).

But I find that with all Co's..

I have not found a company yet, that I find all their oils to be fabulous throwers....

What I like about JS is that you get the three free samples+ on each order..

At least with that, I am not buying tons of samples that don't throw..

I test them, if they don't work, I know not to order them.

Nope not just soy J223 to. I also think they are very thin like water. I stay clear of that supplier, but at least it didn't cost me anything a friend of mine sent all her samples she got...lol

SOrry to tell ya, but if you use soy....you will have a lot of bad reviews.:sad2:

I know OOB doesn't mean much to some of you but I received both Peak & JS orders today...after OOB sniffing I could tell a huge difference between the two. JS left me scratching my head. Peak's scents are very strong & you gather all the notes from it as you're inhaling. With JS all the scents were light and a weird fuel scent after smell. Anyone know what I'm talking about? The baked apple pie out of all of them had the less funk fuel smell of the rest. I'm hoping it's better in a candle but not holding my breath.

FO will never be better in wax. It can, and in the case of JS most likely will, be worse, but never better. Maybe different. But never better.

OOB is meaningless. Many stout scents fade away when diluted. Many cold throws fade away when the wick is lit.

OOB reviews simply mean it smells good. OOB has no bearing on performance. They all smell good to somebody, somewhere. Somewhat like a good looking man, performance is really all that matters.

I tested and tested with JS FOs and got hardly nothing, I also tried the JS123 wax and even tried some Js in my J50. It threw a little better in the J50, but the best FO's and strongest I have found are from Makes Scents in Ohio. And I'm sticking with them. I did like the look of the JS123 wax better than the J50, but the J50 throws much better.

Perhaps I have been lucky in the FO's I have gotten from there. 3 JS oils became my top sellers within 2 weeks. The only one I have gotten so far that is little light is the Sandalwood. Maybe it is supposed to be I dunno. I pretty much only use about 5 oils on a regular basis. I have only burned a couple of the samples, and one of them I am definitely adding. I use J223. Also in all of the swaps I have been in, it is my experience that alot of JS oils do well (According to reviews). The ones I have gotten have been tested by a FO junkie and are usually "recommended" to me. So maybe that is why I have gotten the really good ones I guess.

On the subject of OOB, I do know that there were a couple oils (from JS) that smelled like total crap OOB(My best seller included). I remember thinking, eeewww. Well once I poured it and burned it, they were awesome. Total different smell. Another supplier of mine the FO barely smells OOB, but once poured, look out!. Perhaps the heat "released" the notes. So do not go by OOB. It can be a complete turn around

Well Tess, Which ones are they? Which ones are strong?

A couple that work for me are the Caribbean Cruise, Chestnuts and Brown Sugar. The Baby Magic is strong as well. Pumpkin Nog smells great as does the Orange Chiffon Cake.

Oh yeah the Christmas Sugar Cookie, is a great seller for me too! Even during the off season.

I use 415 and have found more don't throw than do for me. I will say that she as always been super sweet to me and her customer service is awesome. I have a few from her that throw well and are great sellers. They are:

Mojito

Buttermint

totally Scrumptious

Mamma's Blueberry Cobbler

I have the Caramel Cinn Late that I am PRAYING will work...I simply love it!

But there are some that for the life of me I could not get to throw even though some using the same wax raved about them. One is the butter cream crunch...just could NOT get a good throw from that one. I went through a pound testing it thinking it was me and just finally gave up.

Of the ones you mentioned, I can tell you about these:

Grapefruit Mint Rhapsody (to me smells nothing like grapefruit and mint..did not even try it in wax)

Pink Bombshell (no throw but beautiful in lotion)

Santirini (very faint throw)

The only other thing is now I feel a little overwhelmed when I go to her site...there are SOOOO many oils that I get a little lost.

Quite a while ago, I received about a gazillion samples from Becky/JS...I feel kind of like I'm in the minority here, but there are several oils from JS that I absolutely LOVE in my C-3 soy:

Chestnuts & Brown Sugar

Cinnamon Roll w/Vanilla Frosting

Blueberry Cheesecake

Nana's Old Fashioned Apple Butter

Brown Sugar Pecan

Cherish

Pumpkin Nog

Vanilla Buttercream Crunch (fabulous)

Cranberry Sauce

Baby Magic

I also have list of favorites from Peaks, which I will admit, seems to be higher quality FO. And a couple from Bittercreek (not many...IMO, I think they're overrated), Snowtop, Millcreek, NG...also very nice oils.

Some oils I did not care for from JS were:

Aphrodesia...thank goodness it's discontinued.

Dream Angels Halo Type (NO THROW)

Buttermint Candies (Peaks version is to DIE FOR...)

Key Lime (faint throw)

These are JS scents that rock for me in both 4794 and Harmony blend

Harvest

Country Kitchen

Chestnuts and Brown Sugar

Cinnamon Cider

Amber Romance

Apple Cinnamon

Hyanth Chula Orchard (sorry spelling always gets me on this one)

I have had a lot of others that I find work well for me, but didn't care for the scent or something. I have not found Becky's scents to be watered down or much different than other suppliers and I have tried most all of them. Some are just better than others as with all suppliers.

Not that anyone cares, but my 2 cents. I myself AM getting tired of the lengthy newsletters. Way too much, I can't follow it. I get it once a week, usually on Saturday.

That being said, I do like several of her FO's that are best sellers for me. A lot do not work in any kind of wax. I use those for B&B which work beautifully.

I am suspicious about the amount of new FO's that come out every week. Unless she's got about 100 testers for each of these new oils, I am not buying it anymore. It sure seems like the FO's are coming out of the woodwork faster than I can type this.

she kicked me off of the mailing list, that's just fine.

i'm just wondering if you can sell oils buy one and get one free for like $14.95 and your still making money than you are not paying the manufacturer very much a lb for the oils they make for you. this is just my opinion and common sense.