Donita's Tutorials Donita Help Please!!!

Donita,

You emailed me your tutorials on alot of different projects. I was going to go over them but now it tell's me the files are inaccessible to sign-in or contact the owner. I am sooooooooooo bummed about this. :sad2: And oh MY there is no crying smiley boo hoo!!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record... ROF.....when I first started making slide show tutorials I posted them for many months for the whole world to see. When I removed them from public display I continued to send them to nice people who asked politely. I have received several hundred emails and requests for the tutorials and have gladly taken my time to answer every single one. I have had on going emails with these people helping them make candles. I continue to help the nice people. Am I not entitled to earn money in my business? Donita

I would pay for your tutoring me...Absolutely! If I did as you do I would most likely do the same thing...Free advice is one thing but to learn whole new techniques is another...I say go for it..It'll be like buying another book on Candlemaking...

Absolutely Agree !!!

Donita, I would pay to fly you to my house in Kamloops BC CANADA for your tutorials....You are so creative and your candle techniques are different and all of them are gorgeous! And for the record you do send help to those who ask politely (like me) I have your slide shows and I have asked you about a bazillon questions and you have answered all of them and even told me not to hesitate to ask more. When you finally finish your book I will be the first in line with my cheque book.

JENN

I have noticed that sarcasim is starting to become more and more on this site. Too bad because it is the lowest form of humor and people are just here to learn and ask questions not be put down and belittled.

I would pay for your tutoring me...Absolutely! If I did as you do I would most likely do the same thing...Free advice is one thing but to learn whole new techniques is another...I say go for it..It'll be like buying another book on Candlemaking...

My sister is one of those people who need hands on instructions and I can imagine there are quite a few people like her and if this is helpful to them than it's a great idea. Being the cheap person that I am..lol..It works out great that I'm not like my sister!:D

very sad that someone says things without knowing what they're talking about.

I think Donita is right, what she does is hard work and a lot of experimenting, she learned the hard way and she's a real artist, it's too easy ask "how" without having a clue of what you are doing or WHY you are doing it.

Donita you can send me the bill for all the things I ask you.:D

I wouldn't mind paying for a tutorial, Donita. I agree about buying a candle book. At least this way I'll know what I'm getting. I need all the help I can get. Naturally free is great, but dependable paid for help is also valuable. If you had to answer that many requests, it's time to turn all that time into some kind of profit! You go, girl!

I don't mind paying because Donita shows us her step by step her technique in many different projects. She just doesn't give advice and say try this or try that and then figure the rest out on your own. So charge away Donita. We know what we are getting when we buy from you and it is very much worth it.

I must say to be perfectly honest , I am Donita's good friend. :yay:I normally don't post but this time I must. If you only knew how talented she is in soooo many different areas you would be amazed at how one person could be so artistic. In my area we gladly pay for candlemaking classes from her and I think that we are very lucky she is offering these tutorials . My house is filled with her creations ........candles and her handmade lampshades, many she has given me and many I have GLADLY paid for because I want her artwork in my life. I have watched people come into her classes knowing nothing and walking out smiling ear to hear and thrilled with what they learned. She has made many many friends and I count myself so lucky to be one.

Donita, I would pay to fly you to my house in Kamloops BC CANADA for your tutorials

I was thinking exactly the same thing myself the other day, TwinMom. How about we buy her a ticket to Canada on a plane that goes via Philly?! :yay:

Donita, as you know, I've admired you since day one. You are always one of the first people to offer advice or steer people in the right direction, either here on the board or via PM or e-mail. You do this out of the goodness of your heart because you like to help people. You are incredibly artistic and talented and knowledgeable and your generous nature shouldn't be taken for granted. I would happily pay for one of your tutorials. Two even! ;):D

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!??! What a hurtful thing to post!!!:angry2:

Donita has got to be one of the sweetest, if not one of the most talented candlemakers on this board in my opinion! More than once she has offered assistance to me in the past. I too would absolutely pay to learn from her tutorials!

You are lucky to be Donita's friend. She has made a lot of "long-distance" friends here on the Candletech forum as well and I, personally, would love to meet her one day. I certainly have to agree that she is one of the most talented people I have ever seen. Everything she has posted on these threads is a true work of art. She has shared a lot of her time and talent free of charge to people here and I think it's about time she is paid for her efforts. I wouldn't blink an eye to pay a price to tap into her knowledge and talents.

Thanks to all of my supporters. I really appreciate your vote of confidence. I have worked very hard making the slide shows. If you have ever done one you know what I am talking about. If you haven't, then don't unless you want to pull your hair out....lol... It takes many hours to do one. Ed stayed home today and didn't sell any candles so he could help me. I did two more techniques and we took over 100 pictures....just for one candle and one rose. It was hot and steamy in the studio, about 95 degrees and it took ten hours. I am so tired. Now I have to edit the photos and make the albums...another day's work. It makes it all worth while when I know that somewhere down the line there are people who will appreciate my labor of love. It is hard work, but it still is fun. I have been wanting to write a book, but trying to find a publisher that would be willing to do a book with hundreds of photos and would retail for $100 is not feasible. By doing slide shows, I don't have to cut the number of photos I want to use. Most books only give you a few pictures and then you are on your own to figure out what they are talking about. I know how I learn best, so that is how I teach. See you all tomorrow....same time same place. Good night Gracie. Donita