Omg!

Grumpy Girl

How did I ever get by before I got this soap cutter from For Crafts Sake?

I LOVE this thing! It just came in yesterday.

fcs_cutter.jpg

I got the hobby model, it's all I could afford right now. It fits the DoRight Molds Perfectly! I broke down and got the beveler too, but I still like my ghetto version that is nothing more than a piece of wire on the end of my yellow mitre box held on by two rusty screws.

Looks pretty cool. I only live about 45 minutes from FCS and have talked with them via email. They invited me down for a tour, and one of these days I will have to take them up on the offer. Can you possibly post a pic of your ghetto beveler :cheesy2: I have a mitre box and would love to see what you made up.

I have that exact cutter (have had it for about 2 years now) and I LOVE it!! LOVE love love it!! Doesn't it make ya wonder how you did without it? lol

Congrats! Oh and a word to the wise, don't try to cut a loaf of MP with it. It'll snap those wires! lol

(don't ask me how I know that little tidbit! lol) But otherwise the wires are pretty strong and they are really easy to replace also. :)

They do have a MP version...

It's nice to see a closeup picture of it in action, now I can see how you get 12 bars out of it. I still haven't made the business case to get one, I'm too small, but it does look nice.

Do you see any difference in the cut side of the soap, comparing the wire cut to your mitre blade cut?

Looks pretty cool. I only live about 45 minutes from FCS and have talked with them via email. They invited me down for a tour, and one of these days I will have to take them up on the offer. Can you possibly post a pic of your ghetto beveler :cheesy2: I have a mitre box and would love to see what you made up.

Yup, it looks awful, but it really works pretty damn good. I think I actually prefer it over the new one.

No laughing.

ghetto_cutter.jpg

They do have a MP version...

It's nice to see a closeup picture of it in action, now I can see how you get 12 bars out of it. I still haven't made the business case to get one, I'm too small, but it does look nice.

Do you see any difference in the cut side of the soap, comparing the wire cut to your mitre blade cut?

I have the exact same one too, and have never regretted the purchase! Good grief, finally I have evenly cut bars! RobinInOr, the cut sides do show a wire cut, but I've noticed that if you tighten the wires too much it makes it worse. I would actually have thought the opposite would happen.

Ok, just went to check my soaps that are drying, and the wire cut lines are gone...was gonna post a pic, hmm go figure!