buying wax direct

I'm wondering if anyone here has bought wax direct from IGI. I live about 10 miles from one of their warehouses, and the closest place I can order from is about 2.5 hours away. Shipping from them on a 55 lb case of wax is 17.00. I know I could get it a little cheaper by ordering more at one time, but I could also order direct and pick it up myself. Does anyone know if I would have to order more than one pallet at a time from them. I am planning to call on Monday to find out, but just thought someone here might know.

TIA :cool2:

I'm wondering if anyone here has bought wax direct from IGI. I live about 10 miles from one of their warehouses, and the closest place I can order from is about 2.5 hours away. Shipping from them on a 55 lb case of wax is 17.00. I know I could get it a little cheaper by ordering more at one time, but I could also order direct and pick it up myself. Does anyone know if I would have to order more than one pallet at a time from them. I am planning to call on Monday to find out, but just thought someone here might know.

TIA :cool2:

If the pallet is to much for you, you could buy from the supplier you stated as 2.5 hours from you. Order 200 LB's and you get UPS hundered weight shipping, it is a pretty good savings.

Yeah, I have looked into that, but the shipping is still almost 15.00 per 50# case at that. that adds .30 per pound to my wax cost!! I think I will bite the bullet and get a pallet, if they will let me pick it up and eliminate the shipping altogether.

I tried to order 2pallets direct from IGI to pick up and they really didn't want to work with me. Just directed me to a supplier. (this did work out because the supplier had a local warehouse that I could pick up, but I wonder if I could've saved any money) Maybe you'll have better luck.

Pick up a pallet? Wow. Hope you have a big truck. A pallet is normally about 40 or so 50 lb cases (sometimes a few less). That would be tough to pick up but, it can be done.

WOW! That's a lotta wax!!! I couldn't even begin to store that much, lol

Yeah, I could pick it up there, I mapped it on Yahoo maps though, and its more like 4.5-5 hours away. I have a friend about an hour from there, so maybe could go for a visit. I'm going to call IGI direct today and see if they are willing to work with me.

As far as splitting the pallet with other candlemakers, that's a great idea. If I so this, am I allowed to post on these boards about it??

Yeah, I could pick it up there, I mapped it on Yahoo maps though, and its more like 4.5-5 hours away. I have a friend about an hour from there, so maybe could go for a visit. I'm going to call IGI direct today and see if they are willing to work with me.

As far as splitting the pallet with other candlemakers, that's a great idea. If I so this, am I allowed to post on these boards about it??

You could always run a co-op on the wax. Check out the Co-op section to see how these work. :)

Called to check on buying direct from IGI. They say I have to order at least 24,000 lbs annually to be a customer, oh,and the price break wasn't much unless I order 10 or more pallets at a time. Oh and each order is a minimum of 2 pallets. but, I did see that nuscents candles is 2.5 hours away, an acceptable driving time, and they carry IGI and also Cargill Naturewax, which I have been wanting to try too, so maybe I will just get it from them. GRR this shipping is just killing me, and its about to go UP again!!

I offered to by 2 pallets a month from IGI for 12 months (contract price). The best price they could offer me was $.82 a pound FOB their plant!!!! That worked out to over $.90 delivered.

IGI is out of hand. I can buy 1 pallet at a time and get it delivered for $.70. IGI only wants to sell full truck-loads and liquid para. and even THEN their prices are a joke.

Just my 2 pennies.

If anyone is interested in purchasing pallet quantities...Clarus does not have a minimum order requirment - as long as it is pick up or shipped from our Dallas, TX warehouse. Various paraffins and blends for containers and votives are available. Contact me at your convenience if there is any interest.

Brad - bford@clarussp.com

www.claruswax.com

Looks like you have a NJ facility too...

Wax out of there?