Fbb?

Grumpy Girl

I have made a few things with FBB. :wink2:

Shaving soap (with luxury oils, Kaolin clay and liquid silk)

Facial wash

Sugar Scrub or Body Polish

Its pretty versatile. I quit using it because of the inconsistency I was having and I personally found it to be drying to the skin.

Sometimes the mixture would be the perfect texture when I first made it, then rock hard a day or so later. Any recipe you make with it- I would suggest you let it sit a day or two before putting into containers. As with my experience it changes texture. Sometimes dramatically.

I have tried it twice now and it sets up really hard compared to how it was originally. I have noticed oils seperate too even after whipping the heck out of it... I figure I must be doing something wrong! Hopefully someone has some ideas!

I add sweet almond oil, jojoba spheres and FO to it and use like a body wash.

Or SAO and sugar for a sugar scrub.

Tea tree oil and lavender EO along with ground apricot seeds for a face scrub.

Ummm...coffee grounds with some sugar and a good coffee FO for a coffee scrub.

Peppermint EO and salt for a foot scrub.

I think that's all I make with it. Never had an issue with it being hard, inconsistent or separating. It can be drying but adding the SAO to it seems to help with that, at least for me. It's my favorite "stuff" to play with!

I have 5lbs. just sittin' here also (actually forgot I even had it until just now LOL).

I've been hearing that it's drying to the skin, bummer man!! :(

There's gotta be some way we can fix it up so it's not right??

Someday when I have lots of free time I guess I'll play around with it.

I have made a few things with FBB. :wink2:

Shaving soap (with luxury oils, Kaolin clay and liquid silk)

Facial wash

Sugar Scrub or Body Polish

Its pretty versatile. I quit using it because of the inconsistency I was having and I personally found it to be drying to the skin.

Sometimes the mixture would be the perfect texture when I first made it, then rock hard a day or so later. Any recipe you make with it- I would suggest you let it sit a day or two before putting into containers. As with my experience it changes texture. Sometimes dramatically.

Yep, same here. I could make one batch of facial scrub that would be wonderful, use the same recipe and have it get rock hard 3 days later.

Well that just sucks! I have a box of it sitting right here next to me that I forgot about. Heck ......... I never even opened the box!! I just know what it is by the address label of the person who ran the co-op.

Guess my next adventure is going to be....... How To Make FBB MOISTURIZING! :tongue2:

These are not mine but are ones that have been posted here before

80 oz Foaming Bath Butter

3 oz Soy Based Foam Booster

3 oz Jojoba

3 oz Meadow foam Seed Oil

Micro Scrub Beads – to your liking

3 oz Fragrance

.86 oz Germall Plus Liquid

Color

Whip FBB and add oils/additives, and fragrance as you whip.

Add Micro Scrub Beads as you whip

Divide and Color

Package

Makes approximately 35 - 4 oz Jars - I used Powell Jars with 2 colors

layered.

Shaving Cream using FBB

1 lb. Foaming bath butter

2 oz. Hemp seed oil

about 20 drops lavender EO

about 20 drops peppermint EO

Liquipar preservative

Whip the FBB and oil for about 5 minutes. Add EOs and preservative. Whip for 2 more minutes.

Shaving Cream Stick

Per lb. of FBB add:

1 oz. cocoa butter

1 oz. melted palm kernel oil or flakes

0.5 oz. white kaolin clay

1 oz. castor oil

FO, colorant

Shower Creme Soap

Per lb. of FBB add:

2 oz. nice oil (I use 1 oz. jojoba and 1 oz. avacado)

4oz. aloe juice (or distilled water)

FO, colorant, preservative

-------------------------------------------

This is one of my favorites:

Foaming Brown Sugar Scrub

40 oz. FBB

2 oz. Apricot Kernel Oil

2 cup of brown sugar

1 oz. of Pink Sugar

Liquapar Optima or other preservative

This makes the best sugar scrub! I use it to shave with and it leaves you legs sooo smooth and soft! My customers love this one. You can add dye to it if you like, I leave it natural, it is a light sand color. I got this recipe from Kangaroo Blue.

Sugary Shea Scrub

12 oz fbb

.8 oz shea butter

.8 oz mango butter

.8 oz SAO

.8 oz AKO

1 oz FO

.5 oz preservative (I use liquidpar)

Whip it all together until product doubles in size. Then add sugar salt to taste. I have used this in wide mouth jars as well as malibus.

If you are going to put into malibu's then it may be necessary to add some more oil.

This stuff is so universal that you can do other things instead of scrubs. Such as take some luxery oils, and add some aloe juice, and this will thin the product down to make a wonderful "liquid soap" for your face or the body.

Or add a harder butter and oil, like cocoa and coconut, with some clay and a liquid oil, and pour into molds to form a soap stick.

2 Lbs Foamimg Bath Butter

4 oz Fractionated Cocnut Oil

2 lbs Brown Sugar

.7 - 1 oz fragrance (or to suit your nose)

2 tsp mica

Liquipar Optima at .5-1%

I LOVE the stuff if anyone has any they would like to get rid I could use a few more LBS

I have been making a scrub thats

1lb FBB

Sugar

2oz oil

color

FO

Liquipar Optima (sp?)

I just melt all the stuff besides the sugar put it in the kitchen aid and start adding sugar till it looks good ....... maybe the secret is getting it whipped really good ????????

Wow- I am looking at the oil ratio in some of these recipes and I am shocked that you can ever get a mixer thru them. I made a shaving soap for one of the B&B swaps and I used 4 lbs of FBB and at least 28 oz. of oils. Plus I added foam booster and a few other ingredients. Even straight Aloe juice. It was perfect for the malibu tube. I left the remains of the recipe in a plastic container and it got a bit firmer, but not much. I couldn't package it into malibu tubes again, I had to use jars.

I whipped this mixture for over 30 minutes. It didn't separate~ but the texture did change. Perhaps it was the supplier. Mine was from the Chemistry Store. I had 20 lbs and sold most of it on the board.

I like VG's idea of melting it- perhaps that is the key. I am SO done with FBB. :P

I used only 1oz oil for every 2lbs and I didn't have any problem mixing it. It was firm but not hard to start with but it mixed very well. I think I may have over whipped it because it deflated. Other than that I love the stuff.

After reading this yesterday I got the itch to try again. I did as some had suggested and melted added more oil and H2O and beat even longer than before. This consistency came out really smooth and I got a ton more lather than previously! I put it into one of the bottles I bought on the board with a disp cap and 24 hours later its stayed exactly the same and comes out wonderfully. Crossing my fingers it stays for another day.

I did take part of the batch and poured a TON of sugar in and made it into a paste (almost) consistency and my daughter came and snagged it before I even got it to my bathroom... she has used half of what I brought home already! She said it lathered great and she loves scrubs when she comes in from work. She says this one is much easier to use since its so thick. Deffinitely has to stay in a jar not a malibu.

Scented it with the new JS oil lemon magnolia... I am in heaven! Great scent! And one that hubby wont be trying so its mine all mine.. if I can keep my daughter out of my bathroom!

OK, I hate to be the dense one but by now I am used to it.... Is the general concensus that the FBB should be melted before whipping? I also have 10lb I need to start using, what a coincidence :)

I have never melted mine. This thread is the first time I've ever heard of someone melting it! LOL

I never read anything about melting it either, but no place says not to either, so I tried it... heck what is the worst that can happen, you throw it in the trash pile with other miserable failures and chalk it up to learning! I tried it with just a lb so not to waste all my testing/playing materials! I will try it again this week to see if I can repeat the same consistancy...

• 10 months later...
I don't care for it.

I like my scrub I make from scratch, even though it isn't foaming, everyone loves it.

Me too. I tried it and felt I could come up with something myself. My scrub IS foaming/bubbling and it's great. I've tried FBB that other people have sent me and it either dries me out terribly or the sugar gets all eaten up.

Well personally I say send a few pds. to me;) No I do want to try some of this though, I just ordered some and I am going to try and make sugar scrubs out of it.....you are in the scrub swap ya know;)

Angie

I made sugar scrubs with some FBB a few weeks ago. I just checked them yesterday and all the sugar dissovled! Are they meant for immediate use?

I just received some FBB in the recent co-op and although I have not used it yet, it seems like some nice stuff! (I have only used it to wash my hands thus far.) It's nice and soft, kinda creamy. I can't see it hardening...unless it dried out or something. It doesn't seem like you need to add much to it, just whip it up and add fo and maybe an oil of choice. As for it being drying to the skin...guess I'll find out soon enough.