OMG! Liquid soap!!! New pic on post 61! Update!

Bunny

I feel like a little kid! Got my first batch ever of liquid soap just about ready to add the final stage of water! Followed Garps Liquid Soap Tutorial that was just posted on the dish, and so far, the process is freakin easy and fun! I just love trying new stuff!!!!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure on the Borax, sorry. But I just wanted to say that I'm glad to hear that it's an easy process. I have Katheryn Failor's book, and I just couldn't wrap my brain around it, but printed out Garps tutorial and it looked a bit easier for me to comprehend.

I'll probably try my hand at the liquid soap sometime in the next couple of weeks. Sometime when I have a full day with no distractions.:)

Now remember to post pics of the final product! :)

Shelia.. I broke out soapmaker.. Used 70% coconut, 5% Castor, and 25% Grapeseed. Did it at a 3% superfat, knowing it wouldn't be crystal clear, but whoa.. It looks like cream! So I guess I don't need the borax then, as there's no free lye left. Thanks for the link Mag, am fixin to read it! As this stuff is not coming out right at all! Always an adventure...

HAHA! I'm not even sure this is gonna work! It was going along perfectly after I added each half of soap goo to the boiling water.. Now it's hard as a rock again! I added 2 lbs more water, but it's not wanting to dissolve. I'll let it sit overnight to see if I can stir it again. How crazy!!!

Purple lilac.. Yes!

Gene.. I've quickly figured that out... lol I let it totally cool and scraped off a nice layer of oil. Am digging for the TRO and poly 20! Makin lots of mistakes, but having a ton of fun!

To get the the paste took about 45 minutes Robin. Getting a thick and not watery end product.. Umm.. I'll have to get back to you on that one..

Gene, glad to know I'm not the only one to make that mistake!

Aj - yeah, I know what you mean. I remember when I first started candles I vowed to never ever work with lye! Yeah! Right!

Lindsay.. I have no clue, but unless you know what that other 10% is and that it's safe, I wouldn't use it.

Anita, it's almost all dissolved, and I have it on low heat to try to evaporate some of the extra water. Will try again tommorow with a different recipe, and at a 0% superfat! I can't even see 1/8th of an inch in it! I did take some out and put it into a foaming bottle with some white mica - and it's sure pretty! Don't think a pic would do it justice though!

I guess I need to order Failors book though. Ordered and read the cream soap one, and lost it already. Betcha DH packed it thinking I wouldn't be able to make cream soap! Ha! I'll prove him wrong!

Bunny, let us know how tommarrows batch goes.. I have 500gms of KoH waiting for me to get up the nerve to try this, ordering the liquid soap book soon. How many 4oz bottles of liquid soap did this fill anyways?