OMG! Liquid soap!!! New pic on post 61! Update!

Bunny

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SheilaW not to be mean but i am glad i am not the only one who has had such bad luck with there soap.but after i started cooking it for like 3 hours when it becomes this glob of Vaseline looking stuff. then add my dilute water. it has never done that again.but to me it is still to drying to the skin i need a good moisturizing soap.do not use the stick blender after dilute the foam never did go down. maybe one day i will figer out how to get it more moisturizing.

That soap is over 6 months old and I have no idea which recipe I used. When it first separated I cooked it some more hoping it would remix to no avail. I'm pretty sure I used glycerine. lbtddr not mean at all and if you think this one looks bad you should have seen the ones I cleaned the toilet with. Thick gelatinous gloppy messes. I would warm the soap, add boiling water to thin it out and it would look great for a few hours and then right back to the gloopy gloppy stuff. I've had some pretty nasty looking cp episodes too. I don't think soaping is my forte or I haven't had enough practice yet. I only soap around 5:00 am on weekends when the kids and dog are still asleep and no chance of the grandkids showing up.

Bunny how's your LS looking this morning. Your cream soap looks downright decadent. I haven't tried that one yet, I could probably get some good concrete out of it if I did:rolleyes2

I strained it, only 2 little chunks were left. Let it sit overnight, and I still don't see the clear amber like I had 2 (or 3) days ago. It lathers like crazy, but isn't drying.

The cream soap is an absolute blast to make. Even if you were to get concrete, you can always add more water! Give it a shot, it may just be the soap for you!

i tried the glycerin with last weekends batch. but it is the one that was mostly foam after i made the mistake of using the stick blender.it does not seem as drying as the others i added extra oil to. i decided i did not care if it was clear. tried to make it white but titanium dioxide did not work in it water soluble is what i had. i need to find out what they use to make it white.egg coloring dyes work but did not like the colors. (Shave up a bit of CP and make cream soap with it?) that sounds like a good idea.

Ok.. Got the next pic. It's trying to be clear! LOL! It's looking better and better each day! There was about 1/4 inch of white on the top, and because I superfatted I'm assuming those are the free oils. It's not as milky as the last pic, hoping it'll give me the magic I'm lookin for! It's absolutely perfect in consistancy, thin enough not to be gooey and slimy, but thick enough to hold together and not slip through your fingers when pumped out!

d76c4f88.jpg

Dernit Bunny, yer making me want to try liquid soap again! I tried once using the alcohol method... got a very distinctive pineapple scent to the entire batch no matter what fragrance I added. Just read through the tutorial from TSD and, well, heck, I have 4# of KOH just sitting here waiting to be put to good use!

Thanks for updating & posting pics - what an inspiration, um, or is that enabler?!! Either way, thanks LOL!