OMG! Liquid soap!!! New pic on post 61! Update!

Bunny

i have tried 5 batches now with the 0% super fat for me it was way drying but looks good.i do not care if it is clear or not i will color it.but does any one no how to get a more moisturizing liquid soap.and i used the titanium dioxide water soluable all it colored was the bubbles the soap is still the same color what kind of white dye would you use.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When diluting, cut the paste into chunks and heat gently. I usually just turn off the heat and let it sit overnight. Tomorrow turn the heat on low and it should dissolve. High coconut soaps will disolve overnight, but will be thin

Gene - I think my whole superfat thing has totally messed it up. I feel like Dory from Finding Nemo singing "just keep skimming, just keep skimming, what do we do we skim skim".

I was following Garps method where she cut the paste into small chunks into boiling water, and keeping it at a boil until it all dissolves. It either totally congeals and turns back to paste or is totally liquid. Turns to paste, I add more water and boil. Watch it carefully, as it's way watery - then bam, it's paste again! lol! I finally turned the stove off about 10 minutes ago and put the lid on. Will play with it more in the morning, and if it doesn't show signs of improvement, I'll just toss it and start batch 2 using the overnight method instead of boiling. Oh, and use a correct recipe too! LOL! Appreciate your guidance greatly Gene!

I've made 5 batches and they all did something different. Only 1 came out the right consistency and that was my first batch. Beginners luck I guess. Naturally I can't find the recipe that I used. I put LS on the back burner because the one good batch was drying on the skin so I only used it as hand soap but I would love to have a good shower gel that didn't feel so drying.

I think LS can be way more frustrating than CP

Allright! It's doing much better today! Every chunk is dissolved, and even better news, I MIGHT be able to see through it when all is said and done! I stirred the pot, and there was about an 1/8 inch layer of white, with a beautiful clear amber underneath! I can't skim it off, so I'm sterilizing my tea pitcher now so I can draw from the bottom! (what til DH hears about how I converted another kitchen item for soap! )

Turned the heat back on to get some more of the water evaporated. Am ready for the chucnks this time. Will embrace them and let it cool if they come back again!

Shelia, I totally get what you're saying.. It is a strange beast!

Lbtddr- Don't give up! Please?!

Gene - I'm totally surprised at the lard soap. Stupid question, but does it come out clear? lol! Not sure why I'm surprised at it, as I use it in CP.

Amish Ragdoll - I added 1 oz ppo, so it looks like I could add some more if need be. Just a dab!

Can't wait to see what happens to it today! I'm totally inspired!

Really? WOW! Gonna have to try that! Don't think I'm going to make the new batch today, with this one coming together and still needing more water out of it and all.. Oh, and we have 11 days til we close on the house, I really need to get more boxes packed up! (Just not my supplies, will save that for the last possible moment!) Am hoping my pot will be free and able to try the lard tommorow!

I have been following this and waiting to see how it all turns out. I know if anybody can make this work, you can Bunny. :yay:

I've been watching this too. I hoping it turns out well for you. I can't believe I'm thinking about trying this. But I really would like to make some liquid soap for refills in my house. Go Bunny go!!

Bun Bun, I am anxiously awaiting your results with a picture:p

You have inspired me to give this another shot this weekend and see how many oils I can pour down the toilet. ( literally, the 3 really bad batches I used to clean the toilet )

Shelia! I can't find my freakin camera!!!!! 20 bucks says hubby packed it just to tork me off!!!

There's still a few chunks in it, so I'll leave it for another day or two then strain it. I didn't have the pretty amber color I found yesterday morning, it's like milk again..lol

And your potty experience is too funny! You can do this! Sheesh, if I can do this anyone can!!

Bunny, sometimes I wish your DH would ban you from new projects (j/k). Now you've got me wanting to start making liquid soap NOW and I'm in the middle of tweaking cream soap & starting on shampoo. I love how you share the entire process with us all.

HAHAHA! He WOULD ban me if he had any clue what I was doing! I'm lucky though, he workds offshore, so I get to play for 2 sometimes 3 weeks a months with him at work 24-7!

I appreciate your kindness very much!

I found the camera I found the camera! It was under the kids bed! (a few bite marks on it, the puppy must have found it and thought it was a chew toy!)

Ok, here's the pic of where it's at now. I'll strain it out tommorow, and let it sit for another day to see if I get the clear amber stuff again..lol

1272006030.jpg

i like the color that is what i have been trying to get.but when mine ended up with that color it separated. it looked great in the pot. when i put it in bottles a few days later it had oil about a one half inch deep.