White Chocolate Bawdy Butter

Sara

I have discontinued this item in efforts to trim down on product, though I continue to use it myself and replenish for local friends.

Very simple, super easy to make recipe that can be built upon or used as is. I tried butters many ways (ice baths, fully melting, etc.) and this was the one that made consistent, good batches. Makes a yummy smelling butter that feels great and worked brilliantly for me.

Here goes:

This will make 1lb. of butter.

6oz. unrefined shea butter

6oz. cocoa butter

4oz. jojoba oil

.5oz FO (I used Rice Flower & Shea - smelled soooo good)

Since the CCB is harder than the shea, this is how I did it (though I did larger batches and in the Kitchenmaid):

1.) Melt CCB and drizzle over unmelted shea.

2.) Whip and wait. Whip and wait.

3.) Add jojoba oil and whip and wait again.

4.) Add FO, whip again. Wait.

5.) Continue the process of whipping and waiting (10 - 15 minutes in between, no worries, it isn't finicky) until you get it to the consistency that you want it to be.

Note: By waiting in between you will have a good idea of the consistency and if it will hold.

The same percentages/measurements can be used to make whipped shea butter. In that case, I just soften (do NOT melt) the butter and whip and wait, whip and wait in the same manner. And I sub the jojoba for shea oil.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope one can never have enough butters :)

Hope you like it ladies.

I should add that if you don't have a heavy-duty mixer that can really break down that shea, then soften it a bit - don't melt all the way, though.

OK Sara, I made this and let me tell ya folks.....its awesome!!! I love mixing cocoa and shea together and how can you go wrong with jojoba oil? I scented mine with BC Sugar cookies....I love that scent. Sara you rock:rockon:

May still need to set up some more but already I like it:yay:

Angie

:highfive: Yay. I'm glad you like it. Such a simple recipe that I debated even posting it. But momma likes easy, heh. 'Figured it can be used as is or added to... whatevah. So I'm glad it can be of some use to someone else.

Thanks for sharing Sara....I couldn't resist making this tonight & it's really nice. I like simple. Simple is good for a newbie like me that came here to learn about candles & find I'm spending more & more on b&b supplies all the time and reading tons about soaping. I just ordered some wicks & somehow all the things for cp soap somehow fell into my basket.

You are all really bad influences & I love it :yay:

Now...to find some courage to try soap....

Kellyo

I know U use Jajoba oil..but can any other oil be used..I don't have that or shea oil...

I have OO

RB,castor,Canola,soy,grapeseed, U know all the basics...

TIA! And Thanks for sharing it sounds wonderful!!

Well mainly you want to look at the property of the oil and how it would feel on the skin. Grapeseed is nice, but has a short shelf life. The RBO might make a good sub. Do you make any other skin products that you use any of those oils in? If you are partial to one I'd give it a try. ;)

• 1 month later...

I am trying this for the first time today...so far it looks nothing like body butter at all...very runny. When you whip it, how long do you whip for? Right now I only have the unrefined shea and ccb and it looks like melted butter.... :undecided

I'm no pro at the body butter (right Bunny)? I popped my first batch in the freezer for just a minute or so till I seen it lightly harden around the outside of the bowl. Just for a bit. Then I pulled it out and started to whip. (Last sentence sounds a little kinky doesn't it?) ;)

I am trying this for the first time today...so far it looks nothing like body butter at all...very runny. When you whip it, how long do you whip for? Right now I only have the unrefined shea and ccb and it looks like melted butter.... :undecided

Did you melt it down to liquid state?