White Chocolate Bawdy Butter

Sara

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eh - back to the drawing board - I want to try it again in my KA instead of the stick blender but I am out of jojoba oil right now so I have to order some more. It's really greasy too but I think that was just because I added too much FO...I had to cut the recipe down so much and had trouble getting the FO amt right - but it smells grea! (OM&H)

thanks for the tip. now that I think about it, when I put some on my finger, within a few seconds, it starts turning oily and the oil coming out is the color of the jojoba...I have to get all of my supplies together - I just ordered from Camden Grey and it came today - it was so fast....now I have to order more jojoba and a few other things that I found recipies for...LOL I need to go through everything I have and make a list this time instead of relying on my old noodle to remember everything....I'd rather spend my money on supplies than shipping - plus I hate waiting for ...well anything and everything!! LOL:D

Oils from different suppliers can have different consistencies, too. So yeah I'd definitely tweak around and see what gives you the output that you like. I enjoy the properties of jojoba and don't mind the greasiness of the combined product - but it may not be for everyone. ;)

• 1 month later...

OK - call me dumb but how long do you whip for?? I'm so going to try this as soon as possible!! I have a KA mixer and a whip attatchment and all the stuff... you say wait 10-15 minutes between whippings but how long do I whip for (soft peaks - hard peaks kind of thing works for me because I bake alot - hense the KA ;) ) Thanks so much for posting this - I need some good BB formulas - I'm so intimidated by lotions (I have all the stuff to make - except the preservative - that's SUPER intimidating!) but want to offer something for my customers along this line!

Life & Light!

Tish

I was wondering since the butters are already pretty oily especially the shea would FCO work in this? Since it has a longer shelf life. Also, does this butter stay soft? You know like a cool whip consistency or does it harden up to a solid butter?

Sunshine> Do you mean each time or overall duration? I whip mine until I get soft peaks. Depending on the weather, that can take a few hours of whipping, letting it set, whipping...

Ladysj> Go ahead and try it, that's fine!! Yes, this stays soft if you whip it right.

Well now that you mention it, both! :) My original intent was for each time you whip it - say like whip for 2 minutes rest for 10, whip it for 2 minutes rest for 10 and keep doing this for an hour. Make sense? I didn't get much sleep last night - I kept thinking of all the stuff I want to make! LOL

Thanks for the help!

Life & Light!

Tish

• 4 weeks later...

I printed off this recipe as soon as I found your posting some time ago. After finally finding a little extra time I put some together last weekend.......OMG, it's great.

I got a little crazy on the fragrance (cream cheese frosting) but everyone who I have shared with LOVES it.

Thanks so much for passing this along.:yay:

• 7 months later...

I just made some of this. Since I only had unrefined shea and unrefined cocoa butter, I didn't even need to scent it. It feels divine! I just hope it doesn't harden.

I made the mistake of putting it in the freezer in between whippings. I left it in for about 15 minutes...that was probably 10 minutes too long. It hardened so much I had to remelt the entire mixture. Next time, I won't even stick it in the fridge as I don't think it's needed. A little bit of patience is. ;)

All in all, it is REALLY nice! :yay:

• 6 months later...

Thanks for this recipe!

I tried it, this was my first ever attempt to a butter!

I like the results, I used 2oz FCO and 2oz Jojoba and mixed in my KA. I had refined shea and non deod cocoa.

It is a bit greasy, is it always like this? Anyway to cut down on the grease feeling?

Also, what preservative would be good in this? Is Vit E enough or maybe something stronger? It made way more than I can use up quickly on myself!

I'm not an expert, but I'll offer my 2 cents worth. Vit E is not a preservative, it's an antioxidant. I've used cornstarch to help cut the greasiness of butters and, to me, it worked great. Some folks don't like using cornstarch because of the way it feels. I find that if I use too much of it will feel a little grainy. Try using 1t/lb of the total weight of your butter and see how you like it.

Because it doesn't have water in it and not intended to come in contact with water, you don't need a preservative. But, I'm always afraid of creepy, crawly things and people putting their damp fingers in it, so I use a preservative anyway.

Thanks Penny, I have Germall Plus liquid - do you think that would be ok to use?

It has actually set quite hard and crumbly now, is this normal or have I stuffed it up :confused:

Also, re cutting back on the greasiness by using cornflour as someone suggested, does anyone know how much to use and when to add it?

Sorry for all the newbie questions :o

• 2 years later...