someone requesting samples on my site

elle110

do you think this is for real? I am so skeptical these days and really don't have to time to waste on someone just looking for a free product etc.

Thanks

Edited to remove email link and paste a copy of the email:

Hello, my name is Michelle. I've seen your website while searching for "High Quality Body Souffles". Your site looks like it has lots of wonderful products, however I'm EXTREMELY skeptical about ordering before sampling. I was wondering if you'd be so kind to send me a few free product samples of your "Souffle". If so, I'd really really appreciate this. If you can do this for me, please send to the name and address I've provided you with below:

Michelle

Thank you kindly, warm regards, Michelle.

OK, how do you c/p, I have tried to do that a 1000 x with no luck:D

Highlight the email, right click on your mouse and click on "Copy", then start a reply thread here, right click again and click on "paste" Then you can edit out any names/addy's and post...

I had to change editor mode in the top right corner of my post new tread area and then I could paste, to think all these months all I had to do was click that button and I could paste things :o

I pasted the email to original post and removed ther last name and addy

Thanks

Tell her you'd be glad to send her some small samples for $1 each, plus she needs to pick up the tab for postage.

People don't walk into Wal-Mart or Penney's and ask for free samples of the bath and body products. They take a chance and buy them, or take a pass. That's how it's done!

I wouldn't accommodate her request for freebies, personally. Maybe you could explain to her that you're not a charity, you're a business. And if you give away free samples, you won't even be that for very long! LOL

Good luck dealing with her. :) There are cheapskates out there who make a career bumming freebies off people.

Tell her you'd be glad to send her some small samples for $1 each, plus she needs to pick up the tab for postage.

People don't walk into Wal-Mart or Penney's and ask for free samples of the bath and body products. They take a chance and buy them, or take a pass. That's how it's done!

I wouldn't accommodate her request for freebies, personally. Maybe you could explain to her that you're not a charity, you're a business. And if you give away free samples, you won't even be that for very long! LOL

Good luck dealing with her. :) There are cheapskates out there who make a career bumming freebies off people.

My thoughts exactly, don't get me wrong I give out a ton of samples, but with orders that have been paid for.

Also, she says she came across my site searching for "high quality body souffle" or something to the sorts, but my site does not come up in the first 5 pages if you do that search, because I don't believe on my site I describe my souffle as "high quality" and don't believe we have it described that way in our search engine lines.

Anyway, I know in the past people have talked about getting hit by the same individual, different sites, so if you get an email from her she may be trying to get a lot of freebies:DShe is from MA

Ridiculous. It's obvious from her syntax she is looking for freebies.

They have websites dedicated to things of that nature.. LMAO!!

This will be just one more reason why I will clearly state on my site that samples will always be available for purchase. :wink2:

that is a great idea, I have considered it in the past but think I will talk to my designer about making an area just for that.

I have been emailed by churches in other states ect requesting FREE donations to their cause, I never respond. Again, I do give donations but to causes I am familiar with etc. I just gave out 2 last month but I am not a freestore.

This is all good info, I think the biggest cost is shipping, my sample sizes are not that huge that they cost me a lot but shipping would be another issue. I will have to ponder on this a while and come up with something

LOL.. Your right Casey, but sometimes it's better to take the high road~ especially when it concerns your business image.

I'd love to go walking into a Lush Boutique and tell one of the store clerks I was extremely skeptical and needed a sample of every bath bomb they had before I could make a purchase. I sure that wouldn't be received well.

It would make sense if some store who is interested to carry your products asks for free samples, but a customer that would buy one of smth for personal use:undecided ... Of course it is true that in stores they usually have testers but it seems to be a bit too much to ask for a tester from an online store if you just want to buy one product. So it may not be fake but it sure seems like a lot of trouble

If you can get free samples from sending such an email, what is to stop all of us from getting all of our candles for free? There are a lot of catalog stores out there where there isn't a brick and mortar outlet where you can go and sample out the merchandise, so that isn't a good excuse.

This particular person has made the rounds of websites asking for free samples. There was a discussion on the dish not to long ago about her.

I wonder how many people are actually sending her stuff. What a scammer.