someone requesting samples on my site

elle110

The arguement is always made about the availability of samples in department stores. I say, get off of your butt and drive over to the mall to get all of the free samples you want.

On the other hand, if you want to stay in the comfort of your home and shop over the internet, then pony up a buck or two and buy a sample if you're worried about not liking it.

I'm sure that person uses that same routine a dozen times a day. I guess she gets lucky every now and then, so it makes it worth her while.

If you're feeling generous, you might develop a plan that would essentially be the same thing as a free sample, but with strings attached. I don't have my website up yet, but here is what I plan on doing:

Offer trial sizes, but give them discounts for the amount of the trial size when they order a full size item of that product.

For example, if a person buys a trial size 1 oz bottle of lotion for $1.00 they will be billed $1 + shipping. I will include a coupon good for $1.00 off a regular size 4 oz bottle of lotion on their next order.

That way, I'm not out anything by sending them the sample. If they decide they don't like it, they will never order again. Fine. I've got my costs covered and didn't lose a nickel. If they decide they like the lotion and want to order the bottle they get their buck back and it makes it seem like they're getting a discount on the lotion when they see a $1 credit on their invoice.