Latest Palms from Soja

Soja

Fabulous - great job! Is that the feathering wax? Now to pick your brains - do you heat your wax higher than 200 and then cool it to that temp to pour OR simply heat to that temp and then pour? C'mon, tell me all your secrets ... please.

Oh my....you do have this wax down now, don't you? Love the look....again, palm wax scares me....I could never get it to perform in an orderly manner. My first one was perfect!!!!!!!!! From there it just went downhill...Good for you. I love your candles and experiments. Donita

Mozzie...

It is Feathering palm wax, not the crystal or granite. Got it from Candles&supplies cause they said it was one pour.

I heat it to 200+ then let it cool down to 200/210. sometimes it just lands on the right temp so I don't cool it. That does not seen to make much of a difference.

I preheat the molds with a heat gun to the point of almost not being able to touch the mold. The molds are Aluminimum! The tin ones do not give the best pattern. (I get a pattern even in my alum. pour pot.) I do not wrap the mold (I did and it did not make a difference) and it cools in a cool basement; mabey 68 degrees down there.

Mei-Mei... I use Candlescience bulk LX wick. (Primed) 28 on the bigger ones then go smaller as the diameter drops. All my internet rescerch says LX wick with Palm Wax. (They are right) Frequent wick trimming or you get a big flame. The wicks above are 26. The candle diameter is 3 inches. I do not know what a difference different scents make as far as burning and wicks. I just throw in 1 oz per pound of whatever Linda wants. (And whatever Linda wants, she gets...:grin2::D )

Soja

Mozzie...

It is Feathering palm wax, not the crystal or granite. Got it from Candles&supplies cause they said it was one pour.

I heat it to 200+ then let it cool down to 200/210. sometimes it just lands on the right temp so I don't cool it. That does not seen to make much of a difference.

I preheat the molds with a heat gun to the point of almost not being able to touch the mold. The molds are Aluminimum! The tin ones do not give the best pattern. (I get a pattern even in my alum. pour pot.) I do not wrap the mold (I did and it did not make a difference) and it cools in a cool basement; mabey 68 degrees down there.

Mei-Mei... I use Candlescience bulk LX wick. (Primed) 28 on the bigger ones then go smaller as the diameter drops. All my internet rescerch says LX wick with Palm Wax. (They are right) Frequent wick trimming or you get a big flame. The wicks above are 26. The candle diameter is 3 inches. I do not know what a difference different scents make as far as burning and wicks. I just throw in 1 oz per pound of whatever Linda wants. (And whatever Linda wants, she gets...:grin2::D )

Soja

Thanks for the tip. I've got plenty of LX26. I'm going to stick it in my 3 inch pillar and see what happens.:grin2: