Candle Wealth?

Becky I buy all my supplies from CandleWealth. It is so easy to make candles from using their instructions. This is the very first time I have ever made candles and it is so easy and fun to do. I did not have to do any testing at all because they have done it all for you.

You mean YOU do no testing on your own? How could you take some one elses word on how a product performs? I'm not a trusting person in this day and time and I would not take anyones word about how something works or is suppose to work without checking it out myself. I like hands on... not relying on what someone told me,especially when I don't truly know these people. Ginger

I guest I didn't realize what you meant by testing. Yes I have tested many candles that I have made and they burn even and all the way to the bottom.The scent throw is great. Would you like to know anything else?

I had gotten one of their insta candles to try when they were promoting a huge seminar in my area saying that you could make 6 figures a year selling their candles..

Was not impressed at all .. JMO

ETS.. My supplies come from many candle suppliers. They are easy and fun to make. I made my own secret formula that no other candle maker has. I do this full time and my candles ROCK!!

I REALLY plan on making 6 figures in the next few years!! FOR REAL!!!

You can do it too and not get sucked in to CW... REALLY!!

Try it on your own first.. IT will be worth it!! Get a candle kit!! HTH

Becky, I would highly recommend that you obtain a candlemaking starter kit from a reputable supplier. If you need one, PM me please. Once you get your feet wet so to speak, then you will know if you want to proceed further.

I would like to also add to watch some of these postings from the "grey" or newer members. It doesn't discount their abilities, but rather their motives. CW is a pyramid marketing operation. The more people they can recruite, the more money they make- and so on. Be wise- and be careful about who PM's you and what kind of information they pass on. Just a heads up as I have seen MANY of these types of things go on within CT through the years. Just click on some of their profiles and you will see.

It's against the TOS... so keep this in mind.

You know who you are. Don't think for one minute I won't call you out.

Hi,

I've heard about Candle Wealth from a lady at a craft show that purchased all the supplies to get started selling candles, but she said she was having a hard time making a profit. She said she was selling her 8 oz. jj. candles for $20.00. ea. When I heard that I started laughing:laugh2:. She wasn't very happy, especially when my candles were priced around $8-10.00. Since there was just her and I selling candles, guess who was making a profit that day....:cool2: me.......I think she should have checked out the market before setting her price.

Oh wow are we on the candle wealth thing again..lol That program is such a disgrace to true candlemaking IMO..such a shame that people fall into all that bull:rolleyes2

Wealth, :laugh2::bliss::waiting: For who ???

I have written so many checks but none to myself yet LOL

I must be training myself for that big fat pay check LOL:rolleyes:

Everytime I get any money it just goes back to the business.

Good thing I have self control LOL :laugh2:

All I have to says is always try something NEW if you really enjoy stick to it!

Have fun

Brooke

I agree, a kit is the best way to start. You should check out Mill Creek. They have a great kit for soy candles.

I started with a paraffin votive kit from Cajun candles. Then I decided to try 100% soy, and now I use a soy/paraffin (50/50) blend.

If you decide you want to continue making candles, you can get a lot of information from this board which will be extremely helpful. Just take it one step at a time, in my opinion, candle making is a journey . . . enjoy it! :yay:

• 5 months later...
Yup, have to agree with Candlesprite...... I've been making candles for about 8 months now, and am still in the process of testing. Making candles is not just about throwing some fragrance and dye into a pot of wax and VOILA, a candle!!!! There is a lot more to making sure your candles burn well, and safely, so that you do not put the public, or yourself, at risk.

So far, I've probably spent close to $1500 on melting pots, waxes, wicks, FO's (which can turn into an addiction), additives, dyes and molds. The list is endless........

Good luck!

I second that!:cheesy2: I have been making candles for 3 years & I test each candle, tart, etc. after all, if i am going to sell or even give it away, I want it to be the best that I can do and responsibly so.

Hi All,

I don't post that much here but I sure read everything on this board.

I've been making candles now for about 7 years.

After purchasing several store bought candles, I thought I could save some money and melt all the leftover wax and make a candle. Went to Michaels and got some wick. Melted down all the candle in a sauce pan (yep not a double boiler). Poured it into a cup and presto, there was my first candle. Didn't burn worth of chit.

Well then I decided to buy a slab of wax, vybar, stearic acid and wick from a store that sells candles. Went to Michaels again to get some FO. No instructions on how much additives to use. So I figure for a pound of wax, lets see how about I put in 1/2 cup of vybar. Don't remember how much stearic acid I used. Again, didn't burn worth of chit. I still keep that candle to remind me how "INEXPERIENCED" I was.

I am very fortunate to have a local supplier and she is also my mentor. If it wasn't for her and this board, I'd probably be doing the same things wrong.

I am continously testing and learning. The testing never ends. Every year I sell the same Halloween containers and every year I retest them.

I go to a real job 5 days a week This is my hobby and parttime business. I do sell and the money I do make most of it goes back into supplies.

Just wanted to share this w/you.

Thanks,

Wendy

I started making candles last October and am still in the R&D stage (do you ever get out?). You will learn what waxes work for you and fos that sell better than others. It is fun so give it a try! Worse case is you have homemade gifts for friends and loved ones....or at least thats what I was told when I got into it. :wink2:

If someone wants to do the Candle Wealth deal.. why go to the trouble of making them when you can buy JUST as good a quality product already made for the same price or cheaper???????

Really if you dont want a challange and its all done for you whats the big deal? Anyone can pour wax in a jar and stick a wick in it but what did YOU do to make a great candle? NOTHING AT ALL. Wheres your pride people!

Lots of new posters on this thread too.... makes me wonder about the whole deal.

OH, and wood wicks again! Ugggg! Give it a rest!

Bruce

I love all the "eww paraffin" comments. I do not see any need to do that unless it makes the person feel that they are somehow superior by saying it. I don't need to try and diss a product to boost my ego.

The ewwy paraffin that I use is food grade paraffin. I wonder if these same people refuse fruits and chocolates, I mean the same ewwwy paraffin is used on those--so do you refuse to eat those I wonder???

I am really not expecting any answers to this LOL.:D

I love all the "eww paraffin" comments. I do not see any need to do that unless it makes the person feel that they are somehow superior by saying it. I don't need to try and diss a product to boost my ego.

The ewwy paraffin that I use is food grade paraffin. I wonder if these same people refuse fruits and chocolates, I mean the same ewwwy paraffin is used on those--so do you refuse to eat those I wonder???

I am really not expecting any answers to this LOL.:D

Ok ... ewww!! LMAO! Now maybe I missed those posts in the five pages of something that died in June and couldn't stay buried lol.

I certainly don't need to diss another product either, especially since there is not validating info and allergins in all kinds of products ... but I just wanted to ewwww because you were looking for one lol.

I've been making candles for 3 years and selling them on the side for about 2 yrs. the money goes back into supplies. Before I started, i purchased a book on basic candlemaking and ordered supplies from suppliers online. TESTING, testing, still testing; but what has also helped is reading the message boards like this one and other candlemakers who have their own sites have been so helpful with info. If I didn't work, I would do this full time :)

Hi! I am trying to decide where to start with my candle making biz. There is a company called Candle Wealth that has soy wax, fragrance, wicks, colors, etc already tested with one another. This appeals to me so I wouln't have to waste money trying to figure out what works and what doesn't, but I don't know anything about their candles in regards to how they smell, etc. Has anyone ever used their wax and fragrances?

Also, a while ago I had requested some information from someone about Mia Bella Candles and they had sent me several samples. The smell from them are AMAZING (they are already made though, you just sell them) and I'd like to be able to make a comparable candle. Do you think it's possible? Thanks!!!

I have heard about Candle wealth. They are a pro soy con paraffin company that works like a pyramid scheme. They will worry you to death about joining and buying a kit. They will send you a sample candle that you can make in the microwave to test their products. They have their own products so you buy from them and when you join and make money, the team you are on makes money and then when you bring people in then they sell and bring people in and you make money. To me it seems to take the fun out of candle making if you have to worry about sharing it with others and worry about what they are doing. PLUS I LOVE PARAFFIN!!!!!!

Before I started making candles I was approached by someone from Candle wealth at a craft show, she was selling candles but she didn't seem into selling candles but more to recruiting people. To be honest I wasn't too impressed with her candles but I just new by their high price that it was a scheme. That night I went online and did a search. I knew that one got get a starter kit at a much more reasonable price. There are so many great companies that you can find on this site to get a starter kit to try. Making candles is great but one could start small and then keep growing without breaking the bank. But it is addicting.