Well, slap my bootie and call me Dirty Sally.

daniedb

I bought a pound of a JS off Trish in the classys a while back, and just had a huge run on the stuff...so I had to reorder on Becky's actual site. I just opened it (got it like 2 days after I ordered it) and while all I ordered was ONE pound of oil, I got three samplers.

Hell, I'll buy a pound of dog crap from you if you send me three samples. I'm disgustingly easy when it comes to samples. I get them and I'm all, "ohhh! I think I love you!" and then the next morning I can hardly look at myself in the mirror, I'm so ashamed. It's an ugly sight. Ugly, I tell you.

Fresh Pineapple Slices? Thought I'd hate it, but it actually smells like the pineapple life saver. Gross, you think? Ah, you'd be wrong. Blissful Blackberry OOB isn't so much my thing, but you know how wax changes it. Oh, and Red Mac Apple, very yummy. Clean, not too sweet, but maybe a little fall-y for this time of year.

Back to the regularly scheduled posting....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*slap*

Dirty Sally!! :laugh2:

What did I send you that is selling well for you?? I love the free samples because they tend to be something I might not have ever ordered and end up loving! Then I turn around and order MORE! LOL

I'm such a FOHO, I won't even buy from a company anymore if there isn't gonna be at least one free goody in the box :) Becky just outdoes herself. Course then she gets more sales so I think that must be some pretty savvy marketing :D

Nothing like pawing through the peanuts looking for the freebies:laugh2:

I love ICS, but I don't even think you can make a tealight out of those. It really ticks me off if I think about it as much money as I spend over there. My plan is to save all of those little .3 oz samples (over the next year) and make one small misc candle to send to the person in charge of packing the boxes over there at ICS. I'll even use a new tampon string for the wick. :D

On a worse note, AGE doesn't even send a single, solitary sample with an order anymore. Small orders, or large... nada, zilch, nothing. I guess they don't want you to buy anything else except what you're used to getting anyway.

My Greenleaf order arrived yesterday with the usual 1oz freebie and tucked away in the peanuts was another. A new FO, Spiced Pear. Nice (OOB)

Even after finding this 2nd freebie, I still had to dig thru the peanuts one more time....just in case!!

Isn't it kinda funny how you can order 10 lbs of fo but the first thing you do is dig through the box looking for that little 1 oz sample:D Or at least I do. There is just something about those freebies that bring out the kid in me.

The first time I ordered from Majestic Mountain Sage they sent 10 oval plastic bottles with trigger spray head ( perfect for room spray ) as a free sample and even though they are in Utah and I'm in FL I continue to order from them ( they do have great products and I love their EO's )

Getting a .3 oz sample from a supplier when you spend alot of money would irritate the Pi$$ out of me. Everyone knows that you can't judge an fo until it hits the wax ( or soap )

Isn't it kinda funny how you can order 10 lbs of fo but the first thing you do is dig through the box looking for that little 1 oz sample:D Or at least I do. There is just something about those freebies that bring out the kid in me.

The first time I ordered from Majestic Mountain Sage they sent 10 oval plastic bottles with trigger spray head ( perfect for room spray ) as a free sample and even though they are in Utah and I'm in FL I continue to order from them ( they do have great products and I love their EO's )

Getting a .3 oz sample from a supplier when you spend alot of money would irritate the Pi$$ out of me. Everyone knows that you can't judge an fo until it hits the wax ( or soap )

I used to get great samples from MMS, I think my last three orders nothing, and they were $80-100-ish orders

I LOVE the free samples from Beckie!!! I ordered a sampler I guess last week when they were on sale (yea just what I need...some more JS samples laying around to test!) so I got my sampler, my three freebies and then they threw in a few more so I ended up with like 18 samples! LOL! And its not just the freebies, Beckie is ALWAYS looking out for us....like if you order one FO, she will throw a sample of another in there that you might like. I just ordered a lb of the Caramel Cinnamon Latte because I had got a sample, tried it, everyone in my office LOVED it, so now I'm gonna carry it! So anyway, they by far have the best customer service around IMO. I have ALMOST completely switched all my scents over to her. There are still a few I get from Peaks but I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before I am all Beckie.

Mei-Mei, what are you doing behind our backs to get candy?!?!?!

Michael, that's just WRONG. What the heck can you do with .3 oz? Bleh.

KFTS - I feel ya, dawg! I ordered $2500 from MMS (yep, that's NOT a typo) a few months ago, and got ZILCH in free samples. I was so pissed. Because like someone else said, you spend all this money and what do you do? Go pawing through the peanuts for the 1 oz sample that you didn't pick, LOL! Apart from that huge order, I placed a couple of orders worth over $300 total, and I only got one unsolicited free sample - their shipping/closed dates calendar. Huh. Thanks very much. But then I realized that to complain about it, and be pissed only made me feel and look like a spoiled brat. KWIM? So I didn't feel right complaining to the, but still...I was sooooo disappointed, after I wasn't pissed anymore. I mean, no one promised me anything free. Still. Grrrr...

I have placed some large orders from MMS and haven't gotten any samples.

Its wierd. All the freakin containers I have bought from them, you would think they would throw me a freebie in of something different.

Oh well.. I guess sometimes its just not gonna happen. :wink2:

Michael, that is just plain tacky. I order from ICS and have never gotten a freebie in my life. But if I got something like that, I would have been pissed.

I don't think MMS includes treats anymore (unless you count their calendar). Samples I got in the past were : body cream base, M&P soap colorant, lip balm colorant (mica), and a notepad. But lately I haven't gotten anything, sigh.

Grumpy, the candle you are going to make with those tiny 0.3 oz samples is hilarious!

You guys are too funny. But I'm just the same. I love getting samples from Becky. She is very generous. I have even gotten wax samples before. Bittercreek also sends samples, even when I don't order FOs. That's the best way to make your customer smile (cuz you know we are all FOHO's - and proud of it!!).:D

cotton core wick ~ HA! I love it!! roflmao

You guys are too funny. But I'm just the same. I love getting samples from Becky. She is very generous. I have even gotten wax samples before. Bittercreek also sends samples, even when I don't order FOs. That's the best way to make your customer smile (cuz you know we are all FOHO's - and proud of it!!).:D

cotton core wick ~ HA! I love it!! roflmao

I have probably ordered from Bittercreek at least 12 times and never got a sample of anything. How wierd.