honest opinion please

Veronica

Veronica....how did you learn how to cut and carve, and how would you suggest someone get started that has an interest in learning?

I am not really wanting it to become all consuming, I would just like to learn the basics. I realize it takes vats etc.

I bought a book called "Cut & Carve Candles" by Dana Marie Brooks and went from there....started off making them on the stove "double boiler system" which can be done but you can only do smaller candles. DH wasn't very happy I took over his kitchen! I got lucky and found a 6 vat dipping system on ebay. I'ts much easier than working on the stove and DH was happy to have his kitchen back! LOL

I think the main thing is a lot of practice and patience!

I would not be able to keep my knife away from the white between the points. Maybe one or even a pair of long twists to break up the white. Bruce

I think thats why I didn't like it "too much white".

Do you pick up the speed with experience? I don't know how you can make three in an hour....I took so long with this one I couldn't add any more cuts the wax was hardening up on me.

I think I'll try it again today. I know I was slower last night. I had been up since 4:30am and had a very long day. I'm a member of a car club "The Untamed Mustangs". We did a fund raiser/car show yesterday for a local man who has no insurance and is in need of a liver transplant. That was a lot of work but well worth it.

I just couldn't go to bed without making at least one candle! LOL

I should have!

It looks like a beginner's candle ... but just 'cuz the design looks simple. I like the vivid white you have, the brightness of the yellow, & the gloss. It's not something I would buy, though, but it would inspire me to get in to carving candles. :)

I love it! What immediatly came to mind was mothers day,

and I would sit it next to a

vase filled with daffodils! To each its own I guess!

I'm new to candle making...soo this might sound dumb..

but how on earth did you get such

a beautiful High Gloss on your

candles??

I think its very pretty to and have found out first hand its not easy so god bless your talents. Its not as fancy as the others but everyone likes something different. I think some of them can just be to much at times to. I think your doing a great job since theres not much help out there to learn this. Like everything you will speed up in time, as the more you do the faster your get. Your wax is very white and shinney, looks great. What wax are you useing, and what did you use to make it so nice and white? Your doing wonderful work so keep them coming. Lin

I think its very pretty to and have found out first hand its not easy so god bless your talents. Its not as fancy as the others but everyone likes something different. I think some of them can just be to much at times to. I think your doing a great job since theres not much help out there to learn this. Like everything you will speed up in time, as the more you do the faster your get. Your wax is very white and shinney, looks great. What wax are you useing, and what did you use to make it so nice and white? Your doing wonderful work so keep them coming. Lin

Thank you Lin (and everyone)

The wax is igi 4611 from bitter creek, the white is Titanium dioxide from Pourette. The shinney look is from the candle glaze (I don't remember where it came from).