Old man needs help (sugestions)

How in the world do I stop the damn wax running out the bottom (top) of my metal pillar molds. It's makin me crazy. I use the little screw and then I slap the mold stuff on it, pack it all around and stick it down real good and out comes the wax every time. PLEASE HELP ME before I go completely nuts.

ditch the screws. I had the same problem with them and just got rid of them. Pull your wick through and pack the mold sealer on top to seal it. Make sure the sealer is really sealed around the wick.

Or buy wicking pins..they work the best IMO.

On the same note has anyone tried the magnetic things Pourette is selling? I wonder if they will work as well?

I use the wick pins, a bit costly initially but well worth it in time saving on leaks. I a gob of mold sealer around the bottom of the pin, run it up thru the mold from the bottm and push down on the mold really hard making it nice and level. Never a leak. HTH

Oh heck Tucker what are you doing with screws? Try changing out your putty for some fresh stuff and then diaper that baby with tape making sure everything is sealed well.

Cet if they are the square magnets. I have like four of them and they work great on my fridge :P

I just happen to be a wick pin junky.

See I dont understand why so many people have this problem. I never do. I use wick pins, and All I do is stick the pin in the hole and pour. EVERY now and then it will leak just a tad. So I put mold sealer also then the wick pin. No problems at all. HTH

I like the magnets but if you pour too hot they melt and you can't use them after awhile because they dont seal. I just use putty, I roll out a tiny piece(like a teeny worm) put it next to the hole and press my wick into it and then I put a nice glob over that and smash it down well. Wick pins are good too, just remember to clean them really well between each candle..LOL..I forgot once and it took me forever to get the pin out.

I use this method http://images.genwax.com/candles/___0___P0069756.htm

Did not buy it though. I use a wick tab, a piece of rubber and a pair of chopsticks at the top. As long as I pull it really tight, they do not leak. You might want to investigate metal tape as well.

I actually use that "jiffy Wicker" from gen wax and it sloved the problem for me. It's simpler and less messy. The rubber washer does ware out after two or three uses, and wax drips out (my cheat is to punch a hole just to the side of the hole in the middle and use again, this way I can get 6 or so uses from one rubber washer) but gen wax does sell replacements. I like it:)

....) but gen wax does sell replacements. I like it:)
Save some money - go to a craft store/walmart and buy a sheet of thick crafters foam (a 8x11 sheet). I think it's about 1/4" thick - just cut out a square and poke a hole in it - works great...

And you can use a wick tab as the washer too :)

Save some money - go to a craft store/walmart and buy a sheet of thick crafters foam (a 8x11 sheet). I think it's about 1/4" thick - just cut out a square and poke a hole in it - works great...

And you can use a wick tab as the washer too :)

Thanks for the tip Robin, when I don't use wickpins I use the jiffy wicker system, and it has worked great for me for years, I always knew there must be a cheep replacement for the rubber square's, I just always forget to look for something lol