What FO do you hate to use?

OutlandishLady

Oh QuietGirl...I hope you didn't get a floral scent of mine in the tart swap...because if you did, your going to absolutely hate it. LOL I personally love florals, clean and fresh, a lot of perfume dupes and most fruits. I only like a few of the bakery or sweet scents, most I don't like at all...they just get to be too icky sweet for me when they have been burning for awhile. Some florals that I dislike are rose, gardenia and jasmine. And I too completely destest Black Canyon...I'd rather slit my throat then pour that again. LOL Another fruit scent I don't like is Monkey Farts. I went and bought a whole pound of this because so many people raved about it...I just didn't see what all fuss was about...haven't touched it since. Isn't it odd how everyone has such different opinions on what smells good and what doesn't to them?

Ocean! It was a big seller and was very strong in the bottle and in the wax but it gave me the worse headache ever single time I used it. One of my pets had some respiratory problems and it all started after I poured that darn Ocean. This was with open windows, fans and overhead ventilation! The sales just weren't worth the headache. I haven't really located anything that smells "fresh" without that didn't have a slight scent same as Ocean. Yuck! Doesn't smell like any Ocean I've been around!

Patchouli (just thinking about it makes me ill)

Rose FO's (like the real things though)

Anything Vanilla ( I used to love vanilla, til I got some vanilla carpet deodorizer and it made me sick. Now I can't stand vanilla. And what is it that eveyone wants??? VANILLA!!!)

Patchouli here too! I had so many people ask for it so I had to start making stuff with it. The last batch of soap I made is hidden out of the way in another room so I don't have to smell it. I've gotten to where it doesn't make me gag anymore LOL. Have to scrub my hands good every time I use it or the scent just hangs on and ugh!

Fresh coffee started out ok for me but then I had to either throw away candles with that scent or wrapped them up really good and put them away. I couldn't stand that smell after awhile. And I dread getting orders for it.

I can't stand Jasmine in CP, mixed or plain. In candles it's not so bad but if I soap this...YUCK. I have two batches I would love to toss right now with this scent.

I'm not big on the ocean scents either.

Earthy scents are only good as EOs.

I was sitting here thinking about some more scents that just make me wanna hurl, and I see that a few others have mentioned them also, so I don't feel so bad now.

Creme Brulee from Peak- I thought ok, this stinks OOB, but a lot of peeps rave about it, so I'll put it in wax and check it out. OMG I couldn't get rid of those candles fast enough, I couldn't even test burn it all the way, I just threw them out. BARF

LOVE SPELL- I had never smelled the VS before, but bought a pound of this stuff b/c everyone was using it, raving about it, and it was a request of my daughter (she said all her friends were wearing it etc.).

I just cannot like this scent, I find nothing about it that's good, and my daughter LOVES it!!

I made her soap, body spray, lotion etc. in this scent, and so not only did I have to gag over and over again while making it, but then I have to smell it almost on a daily basis. Steaming out of the shower in the mornings, stinking up my car when I take her to school. LOL

Why couldn't her fav. be sweet pea, or pink sugar, or something else that *I* like also???? :rolleyes:

I like all of those "earthy" scents as well Julie. ;) Patchouli, sandalwood, Nag Champa, or combinations that include those in them.

I've got this big pillar sitting in my living room (someone else made it not me) that I pass by every time I go into the kitchen and it's scented Balsam Sandalwood, and it's soooooooo good, I could just sit there and sniff it all day. LOL