Would anyone be interested in fragrances made specifically for candles?

TallTayl

oooo i'm so excited for the pinion wood!  my samples are all currently locked away as my basement/storage area is being renovated.  but i can't wait to smell them all again and see if my thoughts on them have changed since the initial whiffs!

I arrived home to find my packets of sniffies! First… I LOVE the foil packets! Brilliant!! Of the 8 samples that arrived I initially had two absolute favorites that turned to four this morning. It’s funny I had others that I was 💯 sure I’d absolutely love that I actually didn’t.  I’m also using @PhoenixFyre “I dig this” notations. Here we go…

Fresh cut stems - this surprised me, it was my number one favorite! It’s floral without being sweet or hitting you over the head. It’s like walking through the garden and you smell the flowers but you also get the aroma from the stems and leaves. I would also easy buy a pound right now if it were available. That says a lot because it would be only for me because I’m not a business and the largest quantity I’ve ever purchased of one FO is 8oz. I dig this one! 

Blue Hyacinth - this is the floral scent of my dreams. I love three scent families - floral, woods, and citrus. For me BH simple but also complex. I would be happy having it in a candle or soap on its own but can tell that it will play well with others, especially Fresh Cut Stems. I would also buy a pound of this one right now. I dig this one! 

Clementine Coriander - I 💯 expected this to be my number one favorite so I was surprised when it wasn’t. For me, I don’t pick up clementine or coriander but more of a fresh squeezed fruit juice blend like something you’d expect to have on a lovely tropical vacation. While it’s not for me, as soon as I smelled it 3 family members and friends popped into my head with a “omg they would love this scent.” I don’t dig this one but I can see its value and I can see why some would dig it. If I were a business, I would probably include this in my offerings.

Sun Ripened Blackberry - I expected this to be at the bottom of my list because fruit/berry scents aren’t my jam. I actually really like it because it’s so complex. It’s berry but not sweet. It’s also berry but has a hint of floral. It makes me think about being in a berry patch where you’re surrounded by the green canes, flower buds, underripe berries, but also ready to pick fruit. For my needs I probably wouldn’t buy a pound of it but then the more I smell it the more I’m might be changing my mind. I dig this one!

Dusted Sheets - Another one I expected to love because of the profile notes - I’m a yes and love on everything but patchouli - but all I can smell is powder. Unfortunately my pallet isn’t refined enough to pinpoint where it’s coming from. Like @TallTayl said it isn’t baby powder but for me I’m not getting high end powder either. Someone who is really talented could probably blend it and have be lovely. I am not that person and so this one is pass for me.

Up Close - Intoxicating and I absolutely love this one. It’s a candle I would want to light in the evening. Or a soap I’d want to use to get ready to go out to fill the air with sexy scent. A night in or a night out? A night out that finishes with a night in. For me it’s also not masculine or feminine but damn it’s a sexy beast! Ugh so good I want a pound of this one too! 💯 I dig this one!

Pinion Wood - another that I was 💯sure would be at the top of my list but wasn’t. I feel like I get a little bit of clove, maybe young ginger (not sharp or spicy), and maybe lemon citrus or citrus peel? Or maybe it’s I don’t know what pinion wood smells like and assumed because it said wood that I’d love it? 🤷🏻‍♀️I also don’t know if it’s one of those scents that smells one way OOTB but then you get it in a candle and it completely transforms into this beautifully full bodied and rounded fragrance?

Santal Amber  - another I was sure I’d love but fell a little flat for me on the first sniff. Second time around it’s growing on me and it’s lovely and now I don’t want to stop smelling it. I dig this one!

On one hand I want four pounds of fragrance but then the practical side of me hits and that voice says, “this is hobby for yourself and a few gifts here and there. It will take a minimum for four years to use up that much fragrance oil!” 😆 But also I like what I like. 

• Like 2

The new Sun Ripened BlackBerry concentrate arrived.  I received  the IFRA today. Once tested I will either order this one (if it is significantly better than the original), or the original version. 

I put the new Clementine in veg wax today, will put into soap tomorrow and hopefully the same with pinion.  Once I’m comfy that both are swell, I’ll list the rest on my site for those who liked it.  

turn times with the labs is up to about 3 weeks as shops ramp up for the holidays.  If we need more, we can get it, we just need to plan ahead. 

• Like 4

I received my samples! I only got three of them but they are all great. Here are my impressions...

Pinon Wood - smells just like pinon trees but, in a very pleasant masculine way. It's like a nice men's cologne. There's a touch of something citrus in it followed by a very warm and masculine note. This fragrance reminds me a little of The Flaming Candles Hayride FO, which was one of my favorite fragrances, and which was also discontinued 😞

Sun Ripened Blackberry - very pleasant. It smells just like a blackberry. There's a hint of sweetness to it which is not overpowering. It's just the natural sweetness of a blackberry. There's also a freshness to the fragrance which I think ties in the "sun ripened" element. It's like a little bit of nature is mixed in, like perhaps I'm smelling the blackberry from a bush outside in the sunshine.

Clementine Coriander - this one is interesting. At first I could only pick up the peppery-like coriander fragrance and I could not get the clementine until 5 minutes later when I kept inhaling it. Now I immediately pick up the clementine and the coriander is secondary. Probably when I go back 5 minutes later I'll pick out the coriander again and wonder where the clementine has gone to LOL. It is a very nice fragrance and I would probably add it to my collection along with pinon wood and blackberry.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Yes, and some have been ordered.  

got in a fizzy one that seems like it will work, so far.  More testing needed.  It will make a lovely blender for effervescent blends.

I think we need to look into spring soon.  Blue hyacinth is next on my list. 

• Thumbs Up 2