Would anyone be interested in fragrances made specifically for candles?

TallTayl

I’d give clear cello type bags a try.  Most come with a lip and tape that helps keep the scent in.  The type of plastic is important. Many common plastic bag materials drain the scent right out of the product. 

I got my sniffies today. I'm not near them right now so I am only going by my most distinct memories. I REALLY liked Blue Hyacinth. It was very realistic and natural smelling. Same for Strawberry Rhubarb. I also really liked Strawberry Vine. It was just the right mix of strawberries & leaves & earth. I was surprised by sugar beets. I couldn't believe I liked it!  It was earthy but slightly sweet. I thought it would be nice with Hyacinth to add a little earthiness without darkening it too much. Speaking of earthiness,  Down to Earth is one of the best "earth" or petrichor scent I have smelled. Some others are hyperrealsitic and just unpleasant. This one is realistic but still pleasant and interesting. Also pleasantly surprised by the 3 citrus offerings. My favorite of the 3 was clementine coriander followed by tangerine & ginger but also intrigued by mandarin & myrrh.   BIG THANK YOU to @TallTayl for going above & beyond!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Milk Machine said:

I got my sniffies today. I'm not near them right now so I am only going by my most distinct memories. I REALLY liked Blue Hyacinth. It was very realistic and natural smelling. Same for Strawberry Rhubarb. I also really liked Strawberry Vine. It was just the right mix of strawberries & leaves & earth. I was surprised by sugar beets. I couldn't believe I liked it!  It was earthy but slightly sweet. I thought it would be nice with Hyacinth to add a little earthiness without darkening it too much. Speaking of earthiness,  Down to Earth is one of the best "earth" or petrichor scent I have smelled. Some others are hyperrealsitic and just unpleasant. This one is realistic but still pleasant and interesting. Also pleasantly surprised by the 3 citrus offerings. My favorite of the 3 was clementine coriander followed by tangerine & ginger but also intrigued by mandarin & myrrh.   BIG THANK YOU to @TallTayl for going above & beyond!

Glad your nose survived the number of sniffies you put it through. 😊

The ifras arrived for the second set. Most of them have generous usage rates for the most common categories.  I need help prioritizing testing since there are so many.

I have down to earth in coco83. It’s a wicker upper, so I need to swap out what I have to better read the overall candle. It’s really unexpected. 

lol on the sugar beet. I didn’t hate it, for sure. That dirty note is different from all the “dirt” fragrances already available.  The blending possibilities are endless. Your blend would be pre-cut hyacinth still in the soil. After cutting, the fresh cut stems enters the picture. 

as I sealed the packets, sometimes a bit of fragrance was in the heat path. Each of what you note smells much more intense when hot. You can drop a paper blotter onto your wax melter and get an idea of the notes that really shine with heat.

isn’t this fun?!? I wonder what the top 3-4 will be. I’ll test the leaders in coco83, soap, and if they pass then soy. If we have success, let’s order some hot new fragrance! 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2023 at 7:44 AM, TallTayl said:

round 2 is on the way.  Some sound really interesting!

TANGERINE GINGER 

MANDARIN + MYRRH 

DOWN TO EARTH

RAINBOW MOSS 

SUGAR BEETS 

SANTAL AMBER 

SUN-RIPENED BLACKBERRY 

CLEMENTINE CORIANDER 

STRAWBERRY VINE 

PURPLE CARROT & SAGE

STRAWBERRY RHUBARB JAM 

ARTICHOKE & KALE 

GARDEN HERBS 

FRESH CUT STEMS 

BLUE HYACINTH

Out of this set I absolutely love love love the mandarin and myrrh - strawberry vine - sun ripened blackberry - strawberry rhubarb jam - fresh cut stems - blue hyacinth - garden herbs - artichoke & Kale and tangerine ginger 

I suppose I could make an entire line out of just those 😂

I am intrigued by the purple carrot and sage, clementine coriander and rainbow moss 

I dislike Santa amber and I’m not sure what to think of down to earth….definitely smells dirty - lol, I have never really tried a scent like that but can see a purpose as a mixer for sure 

sugar beets I’m at a loss - I have no clue what to think of this but can definitely see a use for it to make some amazing scent memory smells 

this garden herbs is the exact blender mint I’ve been searching for forever - think fresh water mint not the in your face mint or the nasty fake mints 

Wow!  My set smelled amazing.  So hard to choose favorites; I smell something new every time I go back to them.  If I have to narrow it down, my favs right now are...Pinion Wood, Black Raspberry Vanilla, Fresh Cut Stems, Garden Herbs, Strawberry Rhubarb Jam and Blue Hyacinth.  Thank you for sending them!!

• Like 1

Father’s Day became a “sniffle-a-thon” with my fam. Always interesting to get their perspective!  They would all discuss and then I’d read TT comments. We all had a blast!  Here are my top sniffles (The second set seemed to hit the mark with all of them more):

Rainbow Moss (everyone’s top 3)

Purple Carrot and Sage (everyone’s top 3)

Strawberry Vine (everyone’s top 3)

Garden Herbs

Tangerine & Ginger

Clementine Coriander

Black Raspberry Vanilla

Pinion Wood

it was so interesting to hear reactions that were EXACTLY as TT described…Sandalwood Mahogany Teakwood - everyone instantly said “Polo Red Cologne”…Cedarwood Amber — everyone said “Dial Soap” BUT they also really like it. (Honestly, probably because their grandmother used Dial Soap and the love comes thru the scent)

Thanks again for everything @TallTayl and adding to the fun evening with my grown  kids ❤️

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Candle Nook said:

Father’s Day became a “sniffle-a-thon” with my fam. Always interesting to get their perspective!  They would all discuss and then I’d read TT comments. We all had a blast!  Here are my top sniffles (The second set seemed to hit the mark with all of them more):

Rainbow Moss (everyone’s top 3)

Purple Carrot and Sage (everyone’s top 3)

Strawberry Vine (everyone’s top 3)

Garden Herbs

Tangerine & Ginger

Clementine Coriander

Black Raspberry Vanilla

Pinion Wood

it was so interesting to hear reactions that were EXACTLY as TT described…Sandalwood Mahogany Teakwood - everyone instantly said “Polo Red Cologne”…Cedarwood Amber — everyone said “Dial Soap” BUT they also really like it. (Honestly, probably because their grandmother used Dial Soap and the love comes thru the scent)

Thanks again for everything @TallTayl and adding to the fun evening with my grown  kids ❤️

That’s a great list! just wait til the summer romance collection arrives to your Mailbox.  Talk about DIFFERENT!

Thanks for rounding up a focus group for us! The selections everyone writes about are very helpful when narrowing down what to bring in first. Drop a blotter on your warmer to coax out some of the deeper notes and nuances.  The foil packets can be taped closed, or enclosed in aluminum foil to preserve a while longer. and also treat them as perfume strips, allowing to air out and sniff again.  They all smell slightly different when not direct out of the bottle. 

I’m going through IFRA and testing the best contenders to just plain have a small enough set to complete.  In all I’ve received more than 50 samples. Working through all of them would be impossible to get any in before the holidays. 

Strawberry Vine is on my short list. It is familiar, yet just different enough to be intriguing for online customers without being too scary “out there”.  Fingers and toes crossed it performs well in both candles and soap.  It is B&B safe in many of the most common categories.  

Tangerine Ginger is on the short list also.  Though I think it will be really amazing with an effervescent blender, which is on the way. I like when the bubbles hit the nose. It’s that “oooooh that’s fun” but that takes people by surprise in a good way. 

rainbow moss is B&B safe too,  I’m not sure exactly how I feel about it, but…. It’s worth a try for novelty.

Black raspberry Vanilla: while I love it, I wonder if we should go for less commonly available, equally excellent fragrances for the first go-round.  What does everyone think? 

If we aim for 3-4 the first month, that opens 3-4 the second month, and so on.  If planned well, all of the labs who kindly sent candidates will get a bit of an order reward so we can keep this fragrance search going.

It would be wonderful, to me, to have a fragrance collection of the month club.

I’m grateful to have a group of people willing to take a chance on this dream.  Members who have participated in this first trial with me will be given “Gold” member status for helping get this endeavor off the ground. Gold status will include premium pricing discounts on our fragrances and all of the Gold sponsorship perks of this forum (longer editing time, bigger mailbox and No Ads!)

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Black raspberry Vanilla: while I love it, I wonder if we should go for less commonly available, equally excellent fragrances for the first go-round.  What does everyone think? 

If we aim for 3-4 the first month, that opens 3-4 the second month, and so on.  If planned well, all of the labs who kindly sent candidates will get a bit of an order reward so we can keep this fragrance search going.

It would be wonderful, to me, to have a fragrance collection of the month club.

Totally good with your “short” list — and while I love BlkRaspVan and would appreciate a FO I was confident would throw well, I’m also good with waiting. LOVE the idea of fragrance of the month club 😍 and yes….space everything out. 💙

34 minutes ago, The Candle Nook said:

Totally good with your “short” list — and while I love BlkRaspVan and would appreciate a FO I was confident would throw well, I’m also good with waiting. LOVE the idea of fragrance of the month club 😍 and yes….space everything out. 💙

If enough people like the BRV my list can change at a moments notice 😊

Sorry for the later response....got my blotters well over a week ago but I have been sick that entire time. My nose FINALLY decided to let me breathe through it again today, so I got right on  to the sniffing. Priorities and all. 

These are my initial smelled-out-of-the-bag thoughts, and I've only made it through about half of them so far. I'm giving my nose a break and then will do the initial sniffs with the rest of the samples later. Then I'm gonna go through and sniff them again out of the package and in the air to see if/how any of them hit differently. 

Set 1:

Pinion Wood: 1st sniff hit me like a cologne. Went back in for a second sniff...and I think my nose was broken the first time, lol. I got a sweetness I can't place, sort of a bitter herbs/earthy hit, and then at the end came cinnamon -- not that overpowering cinnamon-scented-pinecone scent that you get hit with in every store during the winter season. This was a nice friendly cinnamon and it just sort of peeked through to say "hi" at the end and it worked with the entire fragrance overall. I dig this one.

Black Raspberry Vanilla: All black raspberry, no vanilla - which to me is not a bad thing. Definitely more of a tart berry with little to no hint of sweetness. Would be a blender for me. I dig this one (at least....I did until I got to set 2...).

Strawberry Jam 1: 1st sniff - didn't smell anything. 2nd - got the image of a warm strawberry compote, not heavily sweet. Then I read TT's description of it and thought "yep, boiling strawberries and sugar, that about sums it up." Definitely one of the more pleasant strawberry fragrances I've smelled, so I'd put it on the "I dig it" list. 

Cedarwood Amber: 1st sniff - perfume/cologne, then 2nd sniff - sweet cologne. This one hit me in the gag reflex. I see the descriptions comparing it to Dial soap...been a minute since I've smelled Dial, so I'll trust you all on that. But for me - this one is a no. Just too "commercial" smelling for me, if that makes sense. 

Frankincense & Myrrh: I'm not going to be much help with this one, as I've experienced too few F&K scents over the years. I can remember years ago finding an F&K scent I loved - it was very warm and deep and subtly sweet, "thick" smelling without being overpowering, like being wrapped in a warm exotic blanket. This one is not like that. I got a sweet vibe, but other than that can't describe it. It's not bad...just didn't jive with what I have in my brain as F&K so I think it was more confusing to me than anything. 

Sandalwood Mahogany Teakwood: Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. Cologne. Yuck.

Strawberry Jam 2: Faintly sweet, but reminds me of lip balm. Definitely would take Strawberry Jam 1 over this one. 

Nag Champa: 1st sniff was sweet, almost incense-y. Made me go back for a second sniff and that's when I got doused with the powder. Not a fan. 

Set 2:

Down to Earth: Definitely earthy - smelled dirt, earth, wet leaves...all of which are VERY lovely to me. I dig this one.

Fresh Cut Stems: 1st sniff from the bag was roses which quickly went a little broader floral. 2nd sniff was green and then stems. Went back for 3rd and 4th sniffs...really liked this one and think it would add that extra something for those of us who don't like straight florals and want something to cut into it to break it up. I dig this one.

Tangerine & Ginger: Got all ginger on this one - to me it was more the pleasant ginger of Ginger Ale than the stronger palate-cleanser-with-my-sushi ginger. I read TT's description afterward and saw "effervescent"...yes, exactly that, very bubbly and fresh. Not at the top of my list, but I wouldn't turn it down either. 

Strawberry Vine: 1st sniff was tartness of strawberries, 2nd sniff was more of a bitter note that was green and leafy to me, and then 3rd sniff I got an earthy note that actually brought to mind the strawberry seeds themselves. I feel like this one took me on the entire strawberry experience that I've wanted to find and never have - and it made me smile! I dig this one. 

Clementine Coriander: 1st sniff and I got all citrus goodness, and then my second sniff hit me with a peppery/herbal note, and then it went all back to citrus. I liked it, but not sure if I liked it enough to put us through the trouble of ordering it. 

Sun Ripened Blackberry: To me, this one was similar to the BRV from set 1 but it smelled "juicier," more sweet berry notes but hanging on to enough of that pleasant tartness...if I had my druthers between this one and the BRV from set 1, my vote is for this one. It had me going back for several sniffs and it took me back to when I was a kid picking blackberries off the vine and eating them...it smelled like what I remember they tasted like. I dig this one. 

That's as far as I've got. And again, TallTayl - you are amazing. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, PhoenixFyre said:

Sorry for the later response....got my blotters well over a week ago but I have been sick that entire time. My nose FINALLY decided to let me breathe through it again today, so I got right on  to the sniffing. Priorities and all. 

These are my initial smelled-out-of-the-bag thoughts, and I've only made it through about half of them so far. I'm giving my nose a break and then will do the initial sniffs with the rest of the samples later. Then I'm gonna go through and sniff them again out of the package and in the air to see if/how any of them hit differently. 

Set 1:

Pinion Wood: 1st sniff hit me like a cologne. Went back in for a second sniff...and I think my nose was broken the first time, lol. I got a sweetness I can't place, sort of a bitter herbs/earthy hit, and then at the end came cinnamon -- not that overpowering cinnamon-scented-pinecone scent that you get hit with in every store during the winter season. This was a nice friendly cinnamon and it just sort of peeked through to say "hi" at the end and it worked with the entire fragrance overall. I dig this one.

Black Raspberry Vanilla: All black raspberry, no vanilla - which to me is not a bad thing. Definitely more of a tart berry with little to no hint of sweetness. Would be a blender for me. I dig this one (at least....I did until I got to set 2...).

Strawberry Jam 1: 1st sniff - didn't smell anything. 2nd - got the image of a warm strawberry compote, not heavily sweet. Then I read TT's description of it and thought "yep, boiling strawberries and sugar, that about sums it up." Definitely one of the more pleasant strawberry fragrances I've smelled, so I'd put it on the "I dig it" list. 

Cedarwood Amber: 1st sniff - perfume/cologne, then 2nd sniff - sweet cologne. This one hit me in the gag reflex. I see the descriptions comparing it to Dial soap...been a minute since I've smelled Dial, so I'll trust you all on that. But for me - this one is a no. Just too "commercial" smelling for me, if that makes sense. 

Frankincense & Myrrh: I'm not going to be much help with this one, as I've experienced too few F&K scents over the years. I can remember years ago finding an F&K scent I loved - it was very warm and deep and subtly sweet, "thick" smelling without being overpowering, like being wrapped in a warm exotic blanket. This one is not like that. I got a sweet vibe, but other than that can't describe it. It's not bad...just didn't jive with what I have in my brain as F&K so I think it was more confusing to me than anything. 

Sandalwood Mahogany Teakwood: Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. Cologne. Yuck.

Strawberry Jam 2: Faintly sweet, but reminds me of lip balm. Definitely would take Strawberry Jam 1 over this one. 

Nag Champa: 1st sniff was sweet, almost incense-y. Made me go back for a second sniff and that's when I got doused with the powder. Not a fan. 

Set 2:

Down to Earth: Definitely earthy - smelled dirt, earth, wet leaves...all of which are VERY lovely to me. I dig this one.

Fresh Cut Stems: 1st sniff from the bag was roses which quickly went a little broader floral. 2nd sniff was green and then stems. Went back for 3rd and 4th sniffs...really liked this one and think it would add that extra something for those of us who don't like straight florals and want something to cut into it to break it up. I dig this one.

Tangerine & Ginger: Got all ginger on this one - to me it was more the pleasant ginger of Ginger Ale than the stronger palate-cleanser-with-my-sushi ginger. I read TT's description afterward and saw "effervescent"...yes, exactly that, very bubbly and fresh. Not at the top of my list, but I wouldn't turn it down either. 

Strawberry Vine: 1st sniff was tartness of strawberries, 2nd sniff was more of a bitter note that was green and leafy to me, and then 3rd sniff I got an earthy note that actually brought to mind the strawberry seeds themselves. I feel like this one took me on the entire strawberry experience that I've wanted to find and never have - and it made me smile! I dig this one. 

Clementine Coriander: 1st sniff and I got all citrus goodness, and then my second sniff hit me with a peppery/herbal note, and then it went all back to citrus. I liked it, but not sure if I liked it enough to put us through the trouble of ordering it. 

Sun Ripened Blackberry: To me, this one was similar to the BRV from set 1 but it smelled "juicier," more sweet berry notes but hanging on to enough of that pleasant tartness...if I had my druthers between this one and the BRV from set 1, my vote is for this one. It had me going back for several sniffs and it took me back to when I was a kid picking blackberries off the vine and eating them...it smelled like what I remember they tasted like. I dig this one. 

That's as far as I've got. And again, TallTayl - you are amazing. 

you picked up some notes I didn't. thanks for the detailed descriptions. I can't wait to hear the rest! Your words give me ideas about marketing the finished products in story form. I love experiences translated to fragrance. 

I'm beginning to see a hint of a  trend in what people have preferred so far.

Finishing up Set 2:

Garden Herbs: Wasn't what I was expecting - 1st sniff hit me with peppermint and the 2nd with spearmint...all around just minty/herbal goodness. Very pleasant...next best thing for someone like me who was born with every color of thumb EXCEPT green and can't grow peppermint or any herb to save my life. Definitely on board with it...would want to try others first, but I'd get this down the line.

Strawberry Rhubarb Jam: For some reason I smelled this and it channeled my inner Sandra D...had me singing "Tell me more, tell me more!" Tart and tangy strawberry and what I imagine rhubarb to be (to my shame, I have never cooked with or tasted rhubarb...crazy but it's true). Some sweetness in there too, but not an overly sugary sweetness if that makes sense - just a pleasant comforting sweet enough to round it out. Of the Strawberry Jams 1 & 2 from Set 1 and this....I'm for this one. (I didn't consider Strawberry Vine along with these as I felt it was in a lane all its own). I dig it!

Blue Hyacinth: Off the bat, I'm not a floral scent person. I have only liked/been able to stomach a very few floral scents and they've always been blended with something else. This one I must say was a pleasant surprise. Definitely a flowery smell...but it was NOT overpowering like I find most to be. It smelled potent, like I get the feeling it'll throw, but not overpowering. I think this one would be a lovely blender. 

Mandarin & Myrrh: I saw mandarin in the name but didn't get a hint of citrus at all, just a sweet smell that I can't place. I'll trust TallTayl that it's a resin. Not sure on this one, not a top choice at this time. 

Purple Carrot & Sage: NOT what I expected, even though I can't really say what I expected, but it wasn't that. I got citrus/tangy notes and then something slightly herbal but I didn't place it as sage. Not sure how I feel about it... 

Sugar Beets: I got a tiny bit of sweet, I got dirt, and I got a little something bitter., and I liked it. I've never grown sugar beets, but my grandparents used to live near a sugar factory that was in operation when I was a kid, and this smells just like the air used to smell when we'd drive that rural road to their house. As soon as I'd smell it in the air...I knew we were close to Nana & Papa's! Definitely a unique one to me. It's on the like list. 

Santal Amber: For some reason, every time I sniffed this one, all I got was buttered popcorn. I don't have popcorn in the house right now, so I know it's not my kitchen, lol. I know that must sound weird, but that's all I smelled when I sniffed it. Maybe my nose needed a break by this time?

Rainbow Moss: 1st sniff gave me green vibes, 2nd gave me earthy, and 3rd hit me with sort of an herbal smell. I can pass on this one because what I like about earthy and green notes were more prevalent in some of the others, so I'd gravitate toward those before picking this one. 

Artichoke & Kale: This one smelled all green notes to me...kind of reminded me of some lemongrass fragrances I've smelled but without the lemon/bitterness. It was a smoother softer green scent. I like it as a possible blender but maybe further down the line...

Wow -- that was a pretty fun and interesting buffet of scents. If even just a few of these turn out to be awesome (and I suspect it's gonna be more than just a few), then I'd say we're gonna have great success on our hands. Very exciting!

Hi All

Tall sorry I havent replied. Just got out of the hospital a few days ago. Covid for the third time an it was real bad.

I will try to gt back in the game soon but my brain is fried

Bless

Shawn

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Back said:

Hi All

Tall sorry I havent replied. Just got out of the hospital a few days ago. Covid for the third time an it was real bad.

I will try to gt back in the game soon but my brain is fried

Bless

Shawn

Oh no.  Feel better. 🙂

I loved most everything in set 2.  I am a hobbyist who makes wax melts and room/linen sprays for myself, family and friends so I like to purchase fragrance oils that are great blenders so I get more mileage for my dollars.  I love that these would be great blenders.

My thoughts:

Strawberry Rhubarb Jam - Oh my goodness!  There was some oil on the envelope and it took me right back to my childhood when I walked in the door and my mom had just made my favorite strawberry rhubarb dessert.  It is the PERFECT blend of sweet strawberry and tart rhubarb that I haven't found in any other oil I have purchased.  I would love to blend this with pie crust or butter cookie or even a creamy cinnamon vanilla...so many ideas.

Down to Earth - This is AMAZING! There are so many scent notes in here but none of them overpower the other.  There's a dirty earthiness with a hint of green and a subtle sweetness. It  reminds me of fresh picked veggies with the dirt still clinging to them. I feel like I could smell a hint of the sugar beets in this minus the sweetness.  I would use this in wax melts all by itself as well as a blender. It's very unique and feels very high end. I love this!

Mandarin Myrrh - This smells so good!  I smell mostly myrrh with a hint of citrus, but it is the best myrrh scent I have smelled.  I think this would be great on its own or blended for a fall or cozy winter scent. 

Tangerine Ginger - This has an earthiness to it that I love. The ginger is more earthy than spicy with a hint of sweetness.  Another great year round blender, but especially for fall. I feel like this could take the average fall scent to the next level.

Fresh Cut Stems - This is really nice.  It smells like a very upscale fresh cut grass to me. I can smell the green and the floral with just a hint of dirt which I usually don't get from the average fresh cut grass fo.  I would use this as a blender with clean cotton or to tone down florals.

Sugar Beets - I really like this but l feel like it is similar to Down to Earth and I like Down to Earth better.

Purple Carrot & Sage - The scent of this was totally unexpected.  I didn't get carrot or sage but it is really nice. It's sweet and earthy. I would chose Down to Earth over this.

Strawberry Vine is lovely but I would probably only choose one strawberry fragrance and it would be Strawberry Rhubarb.

Sun Ripened Blackberry - I prefer the Black Raspberry Vanilla over this one.  I think the BRV has a stronger berry scent.

Clementine Coriander - This is a really pretty, clean smelling citrus. It would be a great blender. It smells really nice with Artichoke & Kale, Purple Carrot & Sage, Mandarin & Myrrh and Down to Earth.

Artichoke & Kale - This reminds me of Arugula which I already have.  I like it, it makes a great blender.

Garden Herbs - This smells like when you go to the greenhouse and smell all the fresh garden mints. I love that smell. I'm the one who runs their hands through all the herbs. It would make a nice blender.

Rainbow Moss - This is interesting but I'm not really sure what I'm smelling.

Blue Hyacinth - Floral.  I'm not really a fan of florals so...

Santal Amber - I love santal and I love amber but this doesn't really wow me. It needs something to make it standout.

Thank you so much for these, I hope this was helpful.

• Like 1

Test ting results for Clementine coriander:

there’s a lot of interest in this one from long time co-op participants.  We will easily hit the 25 lb mark. Once I get through the last bit of coco wax candle testing I’ll put it into soy wax just to close the loop on testing. 

i expect to order this one as early as next week.

pinion wood may also go on that order to hit their happy new minimums. 🤞🏻

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Kris10Tackles said:

Oh man I really need to log in more often! I’m so excited about all of these new developments! Lol when can I order 🤣?!

Yeah! You’ve missed some fun 😃

I am expecting to receive Pinion and Clementine Coriander any day now. I placed a quick order for those two in order to keep a couple of the labs willing to work with us.  I need o choose a summer romance fragrance to keep the third happy. Anyone have a preference as to which? 

I am loving the fresh picked BlackBerry more every time I burn the candle and sniff the soap sample. I’m torn between asking them to make it a wee bit stronger or leaving as-is just because changes really push the time line out by months. 

we are at the time of year when lead times get drastically longer since the holiday rush has begun for wholesale. 

• Like 1

@TallTayl - I think my three favorites of the Summer Romance samples were Neon Flowers, Exhilaration, and Mesmerize. I don't know if you did it on purpose, but the Neon Flowers sniffie was packaged in the neon pink/purple packet...and I swear it smells EXACTLY like I would expect the color of that packet to smell, lol. I thought I liked Exhilaration the best of the three...but the more I smell Mesmerize, the more it grows on me. 

Honestly, I think any of those three would be lovely....I lean toward blending, so I'd be happy with whichever everyone prefers. 

Let the fragrance games begin!!!! 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, PhoenixFyre said:

@TallTayl - I think my three favorites of the Summer Romance samples were Neon Flowers, Exhilaration, and Mesmerize. I don't know if you did it on purpose, but the Neon Flowers sniffie was packaged in the neon pink/purple packet...and I swear it smells EXACTLY like I would expect the color of that packet to smell, lol. I thought I liked Exhilaration the best of the three...but the more I smell Mesmerize, the more it grows on me. 

Honestly, I think any of those three would be lovely....I lean toward blending, so I'd be happy with whichever everyone prefers. 

Let the fragrance games begin!!!! 

Hehehe I did choose that color on purpose as soon as that color set arrived in my mailbox. 

I will get those three in wax and see what happens.  If it is meant to be, the candle universe will light the way. 

On 6/24/2023 at 4:55 PM, TallTayl said:

Test ting results for Clementine coriander:

there’s a lot of interest in this one from long time co-op participants.  We will easily hit the 25 lb mark. Once I get through the last bit of coco wax candle testing I’ll put it into soy wax just to close the loop on testing. 

i expect to order this one as early as next week.

pinion wood may also go on that order to hit their happy new minimums. 🤞🏻

I would like to get a few sniffing samples in whatever way is easiest (the blotters?). Can you send me the details?
I have also been anticipating your soy candle testing as I am a fan of something you said once... that if a fragrance oil doesn't work in a candle after only 1 day of curing then you don't bother with the fragrance oil. Would love not having to cure a candle for 2 weeks for test burning. No rush and no pressure though with the soy testing. I am a patient woman plus I just got done pouring about 10 new fragrances for the upcoming season anyways.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AudraT said:

I would like to get a few sniffing samples in whatever way is easiest (the blotters?). Can you send me the details?
I have also been anticipating your soy candle testing as I am a fan of something you said once... that if a fragrance oil doesn't work in a candle after only 1 day of curing then you don't bother with the fragrance oil. Would love not having to cure a candle for 2 weeks for test burning. No rush and no pressure though with the soy testing. I am a patient woman plus I just got done pouring about 10 new fragrances for the upcoming season anyways.

Please PM your shipping details and I’ll send a set of the front runners out to you first class Mail,

Clementine Coriander and Pinion Wood are expected to arrive tomorrow.  I’ll list it on my site, and will send coupon codes through PM for those who generously helped select the first two fragrances.

next up: probably sun ripened BlackBerry.  I’ve asked the lab to formulate it a bit stronger for us. While it did perform well in the original sample, I like my fragrances to pack a solid punch at 6% to eliminate the hassles the solvents play with burns.  The soap usage rate will be lower than usual, but that’s AOK when 2% will result in soap  as strongly scented as 5-6%+ of the usual retail fragrance oils.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Clementine Coriander and Pinion Wood are expected to arrive tomorrow.  I’ll list it on my site, and will send coupon codes through PM for those who generously helped select the first two fragrances.

next up: probably sun ripened BlackBerry.  I’ve asked the lab to formulate it a bit stronger for us. While it did perform well in the original sample, I like my fragrances to pack a solid punch at 6% to eliminate the hassles the solvents play with burns.  The soap usage rate will be lower than usual, but that’s AOK when 2% will result in soap  as strongly scented as 5-6%+ of the usual retail fragrance oils.

Those both sound incredible (CC & PW). I can’t even imagine being able to use 2%… it sounds like a dream!

• Like 1