Burn review for Greenleaf perfect blend wax and FO

I'm still burning my candle I made and it smells so good and it burns well. I need to change the wick though. I just love the Vanilla Lavandar so much. The wax burns much slower. Only thing is that I had some wet spots . I've tried to use the heat gun before to remove them, but I just messed up the candle. Something I can do to get rid of those? I don't normally get them.

Try pouring just a little cooler. PM me if you have any questions. Thanks!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, oh....I just realized that I probably don't have the correct wick for this wax! :shocked2:

That means that when my sample of wax and fo arrive, I WILL NOT BE READY TO GO!!!!

I will be trying this out in a 12 oz apothecary jar....any suggestions as to what wick I am going to need? I have never worked with soy...am I wicking for paraffin or soy? LOL I THINK I have been using LX18 in these jars.

Can't tell I'm a newbie, can ya'? ;)

I tried HTP 93's in my 4 oz jj with this wax and it burned perfectly in two different Fo's. I really didn't know which wick to use either with this wax. I am going to email Brenda though. I have never used this much soy before but am loving it so far.

I tried HTP 93's in my 4 oz jj with this wax and it burned perfectly in two different Fo's. I really didn't know which wick to use either with this wax. I am going to email Brenda though. I have never used this much soy before but am loving it so far.

I do have HTP 83's that I use in the apoth jars. We JUST received the jars and we are trying to double wick them with the HTP's and J223. If you hear from Brenda, please let me know. Thanks so much.

I do have HTP 83's that I use in the apoth jars. We JUST received the jars and we are trying to double wick them with the HTP's and J223. If you hear from Brenda, please let me know. Thanks so much.

Brenda is always lurking to see what is being said right now - no waiting needed ;)

This wax is 70% soy and works well if treated as such when wicking - even though we do have plenty of customers that are still using their zincs and love it. Typically, soy requires a little bit larger wick when burning. My personal favorites are the ECO, CD and HTP series - and I have tried almost every wick out there. You can always PM me with questions about your particular container and I will help guide you. If I am a little slow to respond on Tues-Sat during the day, it is because we are at the store and there is no Internet connection there yet.

Thanks!

Brenda is always lurking to see what is being said right now - no waiting needed ;)

This wax is 70% soy and works well if treated as such when wicking - even though we do have plenty of customers that are still using their zincs and love it. Typically, soy requires a little bit larger wick when burning. My personal favorites are the ECO, CD and HTP series - and I have tried almost every wick out there. You can always PM me with questions about your particular container and I will help guide you. If I am a little slow to respond on Tues-Sat during the day, it is because we are at the store and there is no Internet connection there yet.

Thanks!

Thanks for the help! I know you have been crazy busy, so I didn't want to be one more email for you to sort through!!

I will definitely email you if I run into any questions....which I can pretty much guarantee will happen! :rolleyes2

I poured mine today and so far so good...it looks so rich and creamy and I didn't have to do a re-pour......the color turned out great also.....I got the four ounce samples and I used Satin Sheets....it smells terrific...as do all the samples that I got...I love these FO's so far.....will let you all know how it turns out....

I am afraid I won't have the correct wicks either. I've always used paraffin so this will be really new to me. I love the LX wicks, but since this is a new wax for me I'm going to go with what Brenda suggests. Going to be testing in the 8 oz jelly jar the 8 oz (2 5/8" diameter) and 12 oz (3" diameter) metro jars. Any suggestions as to where I should begin. TIA

I am afraid I won't have the correct wicks either. I've always used paraffin so this will be really new to me. I love the LX wicks, but since this is a new wax for me I'm going to go with what Brenda suggests. Going to be testing in the 8 oz jelly jar the 8 oz (2 5/8" diameter) and 12 oz (3" diameter) metro jars. Any suggestions as to where I should begin. TIA

If you like the LX then stay with those. They work fine in this wax. I am currently trying to wick the AH Vibe jar and it looks like it will be 2-LX10's. They are throwing great.

Thanks

ok - so how is the testing coming?

Mine isn't here yet (not complaining - I got in on this late and know it will take some time and am fine with that)

I was just wondering what everyone who has recieved theirs and have tested it are thinking

ok - so how is the testing coming?

Mine isn't here yet (not complaining - I got in on this late and know it will take some time and am fine with that)

I was just wondering what everyone who has recieved theirs and have tested it are thinking

I got mine Tuesday...but haven't had time to play with it yet. I'm testing an FO I ordered in November :shocked2:

WOW, I'm impressed. Got my samples & have it poured already.

I've done very few containers and never soy but with this wax I poured a perfect container - no sink hole (never experienced that before!!) It set up very smooth and creamy.

FO: Indoneasian Teakwood - very delicate scent - love it & will order more

Container: 3 1/2" diam & 3" (made 2)

No additives

Followed Brenda's instructions to the letter.

3" - LX22 - has burned 5 1/2 hrs - 1/8" wall - throw is great.

3 1/2" - LX 24 - just lit it.

I'm a happy camper :yay:

I finally poured my sample. I used 12 oz frosted metro jar, HTP 105, poured at 150 degrees, 4 drops of color, Indonesian Teak FO. It looks nice, creamy and smooth. So far the top looks great, but it's not finished cooling so we'll see. I'll test burn tomorrow. Not sure about how this wick size will act, just a starting point I guess. Maybe I should of used HTP 126? Has anyone else had luck with the HTP wicks in this wax?

The frosted metro jars are very cool. I recieved them in 3 days after I placed my order. :)

I poured mine in a 3" container with Vanilla Bean FO! Smells great; cold and hot throw! Problem is on the second burn (about 4 hours each burn) the wick fizzled out!

Do you think it may have been that I used too much FO? Prepared wax per Brenda's instructions except I only used 1/2 oz. FO! I've used these wicks before and never had that happen. They are for use with a 2" to 3" container :embarasse

Lucky for me, I was able to easily remove the wax from the container and put back in my presto pot!

I poured mine in a 3" container with Vanilla Bean FO! Smells great; cold and hot throw! Problem is on the second burn (about 4 hours each burn) the wick fizzled out!

Do you think it may have been that I used too much FO? Prepared wax per Brenda's instructions except I only used 1/2 oz. FO! I've used these wicks before and never had that happen. They are for use with a 2" to 3" container :embarasse

Lucky for me, I was able to easily remove the wax from the container and put back in my presto pot!

Please PM me with details of what kind of wick you used. This wax is 70% soy and you may need to wick up, especially since our Vanilla Bean is very dark and heavy. I'll help you work through this.

Thanks

Brenda

I think i saw in another thread that she is, but apologized for a slight delay due to needing to order special boxes to ship to canada, but i think she said they will be sent out when they received the boxes they needed, im sure she will pop in to let you know if im right or not :smiley2:

Please PM me or send me an email to brenda@greenleafcandlesupply.com for any shipping inquiries.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Just got around to getting mine poured yesterday with CC Serendipity, and started burning today. A little adhesion problem, not bad though, poured at 140, so will try 150 next time. Excellent cold throw, burned today, excellent hot throw. Poured in widemouth half pint jars and double wicked with HTP73. Good meltpool all the way across in about 3 1/2 hours. I have been a devoted puresoy girl, but am very impressed with this wax, so far. Have enough wax to pour another candle, so will be doing that this week to test one of my lighter FO's. Thank you again Brenda for the sample. Maybe finally a wax that I like that I can get local. :D

Edited to add: HTP73 was good on the first burn, but required wicking down a couple of sizes on subsequent burns, so I am going to melt it down and repour with HTP52 wicks and give it a complete burn. The HTP52 wicks are doing well.