Burn review for Greenleaf perfect blend wax and FO

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received my wax sample, poured 1/2 pound with .5 oz of Maduro oil, 8 oz metro with HTP 105. It looks so nice and smooth.

Test burning it but I'm finding the top of the wax turning very dark in liquid form when it cools the top is like a greyish blue....I do not colour my soy wax. Any suggestions on why this is happening? Is it soot?

Never happen to me in my El Soy. Other then that the throw is great.

I also tested the Berries and Creme in El Soy and its wonderful!

Saltbox Pantry:grin2:

This greyish blue color also happened to me when I poured Maduro. I think it is just a reaction of the FO within the melted wax.

Never seen this either except once in an all soy candle. Wick might be too hot. Can you give me some details please on the burn, melt pool, etc.?

Thanks

Brenda

Never seen this either except once in an all soy candle. Wick might be too hot. Can you give me some details please on the burn, melt pool, etc.?

Thanks

Brenda

It probably did get too hot, the wick was too big for the container I used. It was an ECO-8 in a 10oz hourglass jar and the melt pool was very deep. I'm going to pour some more this week and let you know if I still get the discoloration.

Thanks for the follow up!

I still haven't received my sample. How fast are they shipping actual orders? It's a free sample and I appreciate it greatly so I'm not complaining, but it makes me wonder how well they are doing getting orders out. I'm hoping they aren't having any trouble.

I still haven't received my sample. How fast are they shipping actual orders? It's a free sample and I appreciate it greatly so I'm not complaining, but it makes me wonder how well they are doing getting orders out. I'm hoping they aren't having any trouble.

When I placed an order it didn't take any time at all to get it. I think I placed the order on Saturday and I got it on Wednesday. Trying to fill both the orders and get the free samples out must be very trying. I'm sure they are trying to fill the orders first, and with the remainder of the day get out the free samples.

It took awhile for me to get my sample, but I was happy with it once I did get it!:D

I just got my wax today. I went ahead and ordered 10lbs. Anyway I just poured the Apple pie and used 3 drops burgandy in 9oz hex jar. i was afraid the HTP105's I usually use would be to big so I am trying a 60c in there and see how that works. (I think 60c is cooler than a 105??...) If not i will go down to a HTP104.

Patricia