454 golden wax quick review

What the heck is 454….I can’t keep up anymore with the new stuff - I used to know all the waxes with the exception of most paraffins a few years back- now I can’t make heads or tails out of what they are coming out with 

good to know…. not to try 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moonshine said:

What the heck is 454….I can’t keep up anymore with the new stuff - I used to know all the waxes with the exception of most paraffins a few years back- now I can’t make heads or tails out of what they are coming out with 

good to know…. not to try 

THIS! lol

454 is new from AAK.

from Candlemakers store

454 UPS Shipping Friendly Package = Natural Soy 454 Coconut/Soy Blend (Golden Wax 454-45-5716-00-04GW) Wax 

A Natural Soy and Coconut blended wax that is ideal for container candle applications. As a premium plant-based flaked wax, 454 is a single pour wax and offers excellent glass adhesion and significant bloom / frost reduction. 

** Melt Point: 120 degrees F 

**Case size: 45 pounds 

** Melt Temperature: 175 degrees F 

** Pour Temperature: 160 degrees F 

** Fragrance Load: 5 - 10% 

** Packaging format: Flakes
IN STOCK

SKU 
WAXSOY454

• 2 months later...

I wish someone would actually write a CREDIBLE REVIEW of this product instead of wasting all my time with useless comments and pointless drivel. No one cares if you think it's too expensive to buy, or if you are confused and out of touch about the different wax mixes that are available. Has anyone ever actually BOUGHT AND USED this wax? If so... did you experiment with pour temperatures? Did you have adhesion issues? How was the hot and cold throw? Did you have frosting issues? POST WORTHWHILE INFORMATION PLEASE. Not useless blathering. SMH!

• Shocked 2
  • Mind Blown 1

20 hours ago, TJR said:

I wish someone would actually write a CREDIBLE REVIEW of this product instead of wasting all my time with useless comments and pointless drivel. No one cares if you think it's too expensive to buy, or if you are confused and out of touch about the different wax mixes that are available. Has anyone ever actually BOUGHT AND USED this wax? If so... did you experiment with pour temperatures? Did you have adhesion issues? How was the hot and cold throw? Did you have frosting issues? POST WORTHWHILE INFORMATION PLEASE. Not useless blathering. SMH!

It appears to me that you did not get her point.  She is saying "Don't waste time and money on this wax!".  It would be wasting more of everyone's time if she got into worthless detailed review.  She gave us just enough reasons to prevent us from trying out this wax.  Why should anyone listen to her?  Because she has extensive experience on blending soy waxes.

• Like 5

@TJR woof that was a response! I tested again yesterday and if you are expecting an improvement on 464 this is not it. Same crusty tops, slightly harder than 464. Not worth the money. you can take 464 and use additives and work it.

I blunt and used this wax and was not impressed. I have about 15 types of waxes in my studio that I have tested alone and in combinations natural and paraffin. If you have questions then ask not bark that’s rude!

And you have only posted one comment and it was a bark!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

TJR - just wow! I have no words. As Nightlight said, you come on here and bark at people with your first post!  Not cool at all!

You may have years of candle making experience that we are not aware of, but right now we don't know that.  Please have a bit or respect for the long term and prolific posters here who actually have a pretty good damn idea of what they are doing, and take or leave their advice at your own discretion.

Just play nicely!

21 hours ago, RichardLOZ said:

TJR - just wow! I have no words. As Nightlight said, you come on here and bark at people with your first post!  Not cool at all!

You may have years of candle making experience that we are not aware of, but right now we don't know that.  Please have a bit or respect for the long term and prolific posters here who actually have a pretty good damn idea of what they are doing, and take or leave their advice at your own discretion.

Just play nicely!

Ditto these words! I had typed a response to this yesterday, but I backed out from posting it. My head was still spinning from wondering where all that came from! It looked to me like a straight-up, no frills kind of review to me! 

• Like 2

I usually just lurk (and soak up all the info and knowledge I can) but I find the opinion of the people on this forum extremely worthwhile since they have been doing this for years! No detailed review needed lol

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...