Is FBB drying ??

maryann

Hmmm, mine doesn't seem drying in my soapy scrub. I add shea butter to it, and aloe juice, along with some nice oils. My customers keep coming back for more, and haven't had any complaints about it being drying on the skin. I also make a face scrub out of it, and it is a great seller for me!

Hmmm, mine doesn't seem drying in my soapy scrub. I add shea butter to it, and aloe juice, along with some nice oils. My customers keep coming back for more, and haven't had any complaints about it being drying on the skin. I also make a face scrub out of it, and it is a great seller for me!

Heather for your facial scrub do your customers prefer sugar or some other exfolient? Do you use both or none? I'm trying to figure out whether I want to add sugar to the facial FBB I made. Mine doesn't seem to be drying either. I added 2 types of butter and and one oil -sunflower. I wonder if the key is the butters? I'll have to try w/out the butters and see if it makes a noticable difference. Also is it bad to add/whip in other ingredients a day or two later? TIA :)

It's one of those where alot find it drying...and alot don't :) . I've received FBB products in numerous swaps - all chock full of yummy oils like shea and avocado - and to me - it's still drying and pretty much *the* only B&B product that's drying to me. But as we all know - everyone's experiences are different!

Good luck!

Jen

It's one of those where alot find it drying...and alot don't :) . I've received FBB products in numerous swaps - all chock full of yummy oils like shea and avocado - and to me - it's still drying and pretty much *the* only B&B product that's drying to me. But as we all know - everyone's experiences are different!

Good luck!

Jen

I find it drying, which is why I make my own :highfive:

I have only used the FBB from "The Chemistry Store" and the first time I used it I had followed the instructions of adding 2 oz of sweet almond oil per lb. and I found it to be very drying. In playing around to come up with a good scrub for my 2 teens I added aloe juice,emu and olive squalene oil with some eo's and jojoba beads and ground aprocot seeds. I use it and one of the things I really like about it is that your face feels very clean and not the slighest bit dry. ( I have very dry skin ) So I think it's probably a trial and error thing to add the right ingredients at the right amount so that it doesn't dry your skin.