Studio Fragrances / Muddy Soap Company FO

Barbara AL

I have used SF black raspberry vanilla is great. I liked bird of paradise but may have made it too much because I’m sick of it now. They are behind on shipping at the moment because word of mouth got out about them and their shipping prices are fair. Island escape is good too

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, ShelleyF said:

I hate Studio Fragrance. They are weak fragrances to me. I bought several and threw them away. 

I love Muddy Soap. They have strong fragrances. Very impressed. 

I feel the same way about studio fragrance , the fo's are off in some way..didnt like them at all

• Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 9:12 AM, Karen Ov said:

I feel the same way about studio fragrance , the fo's are off in some way..didnt like them at all

We think They have PG which is used in vaping. Not sure but smells like it. I tried 7 of them. Would not sell them. They were the worst I've tried. Muddy Soap is outstanding. I will continue to buy from there. Very strong and true to scent. 

• 8 months later...
3 hours ago, ellajoan said:

Have any of you tried Muddy Soap Co's fragrance oils in candles?

I love Idgie Threadgood and Oceanside Vetiver in candles.  Two of my favorite fragrances now.  I use GW444 wax.

Fairest of Them All was nice too but I thought the HT was a little lighter.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ellajoan said:

Thanks, Gail!  Have you tried any others, or just those three?  Thinking of placing an order.

Those are all I have bought.  I almost wish I hadn't because I like two of them so much, I'm going to have to add Muddy Soap to my supplier list permanently.  :) 

Muddy Soap has a Facebook page, and I was just reading one post in particular about FO's the person had tested in wax.  I'll copy it here: 

I tested these in wax. All good: Cranberry Crush, Blackwood, Birch & Black Pepper, Boho Blush, Dragon Moonflower, Rowanberry, Namaste, French Cade Lavender, Creme de Pastiche (I only used this in a blend so I cannot attest to the throw really since it blended in), Boys Night Out, Evangeline, Citrus Jubilee.

Sweater Weather is great in candles and as a winter blender. In soap it discolors which I was not aware of. 

My only issues with Muddy Soap Co. is that they don’t seem to bother noting soap performance which is beyond irritating. They also don’t allow fragrance reviews which would be incredibly helpful if they weren’t going to bother listing performance. This is a supplier pet peeve of mine. The oils all smell wonderful. I think the only one I’ve ordered and not cared for is Rowanberry because it smells exactly like the Clorox cleansing wipes scent.

I have really liked what I got from Studio and Muddy both. I haven't put anything much in wax but they all smell good to me OOB. I haven't noticed any off smells from the FO from Studio but it could be that I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be smelling? 

So far from Muddy I got Idgie Threadgood, Lemon Pound Cake, After 5, Night Watch, Peach Bellini, Bazooka, which I can't smell any bubblegum at all but could be me, and Castaway.  So far from Studio I really like Salted Caramel Apricot, and strawberry and peach gelato and their cucumber melon. Those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head that I've put in wax.

Edited by Belinda
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

I just placed an order with Studio Fragrance and I have to say I’m liking what I have tested so far.  The Peach Gelato is AMAZING!  It’s so creamy and not like any Peach FO I’ve tried.  I also am loving their Sandalwood & Blue Sage!  Stellar to say the least!  Will report as I test more.  But so far so good…. HTH!  

• Like 1