Hot, new products!!

Sara

So, there's been a few different products/ingrediants that have made waves through the soaping community (like Shea Butter, Foaming Bath Butter, Coffee Butter, Kokum Butter - I must have butter on the mind). What ingrediant is relatively new that people are trying?

I'd love to experiment with something new.

I know that I am still new to all of this, but the Sal Butter looked interesting to me, a little pricey though.

Fruit kernels from the Shorea Robusta tree that is native to India is where this butter is obtained. A light colored, low odor body butter which helps prevent dry skin. Sal butter is a natural ingredient for soaps, lotions, creams, body butters, etc. with a softness rating of 6.

Sal Butter is a light colored, solid butter with a low odor, smooth texture and excellent emollient properties. It is high in stearic and oleic acids and has a few polyunsaturated fatty acids. Thus, Sal Butter makes a good moisturizer and wrinkle-preventer. Sal Butter is often used to enhance spreadability of creams, lotions, and cosmetic foundations combining good emolliency with superior oxidative stability. Comparable to cocoa butter in its physical properties, Sal Butter can be used in similar applications.

Julie, LOL. You might as well just break down and jump on in girl.

You know, Sal butter is funny. I saw it listed a long time ago and my husband and I got a kick out of it because one of our son's name is Sal. I never ordered it, though.

I still haven't found anything that has piqued my interest enough that I *had* to give it a try (well, except FOs) :rolleyes2. Maybe I'm in a slump.

In my area, stuff with Emu Oil is just flying off the shelves. There was an article in our local paper about the benefits of it, and people are just snatching up stuff with emu oil now...you could probably make poo infused with emu oil and people would buy it to add to their healthy emu oil collection.

In my area, stuff with Emu Oil is just flying off the shelves. There was an article in our local paper about the benefits of it, and people are just snatching up stuff with emu oil now...you could probably make poo infused with emu oil and people would buy it to add to their healthy emu oil collection.

LMBO. Ha. Just so everyone knows, Emu-infused Poo is mine ...so BACK OFF!!) *getdown*

I just got a sample of macademia nut butter from the herbarie and don't know what to do with it. Actually, I think it's just macademia nut oil mixed with hydrogenated oil. Can't figure out the reason for it. If anyone knows anything about, I'd love to hear.:rolleyes2

I know this isn't new to anyone but me, but I just put betonite clay in soap for the first time and LOVE it. Gives the skin a very soft feel.

I am curious about the coffee butter? Anyone try this one, and, does it have a strong coffee smell?

I just got 4oz from MMS, not sure what to do maybe a facial scrub w/ FFB (when I can find the time). I don't drink coffee BUT LUV the smell. It smells just like coffee to me :drool: . I rubbed some on my skin and once it soaked in it didn't smell as nice.

OK seriously ... what's the deal with mink oil?

Actually Sara I've made a couple of recipes of the powdered milk baths and should make more because it's taking care of some dry skin issues, especially on the elbows and I lurve that lol!

I'm just waiting on some oils and then some butters and then there just might be a small atomic explosion in this state when I start really mixing lol!

Here, anything that's herbal seems to be the latest craze. And by golly I found my stress reliever ... getting stoned on lavender FO :rolleyes2 All you do is use the 1 oz pp of Peak's lavender and then kick back and mellow out. I know, it's too strong at 1 oz, but hey I wanted a mottle. Instead I got this really relaxed feeling and the munchies. Ok, munchies because I didn't have dinner :rolleyes2

Sorry Julie, the only experience I have with mink oil was as a water proofer for snow boots as a kid. But it worked great. I'd highly recommend it.

Just let me know if you need further technical advise. The door is always open.

LMAO!! :P

You go Carrie!

Plus I never knew Scented made a bath potion... well that counts for something.

You know... mink oil for some reason kind of grouses me out. I think because my mind goes from mink to ferret. So I hear this:

mink oil > mink> ferret > ferret oil

You say "mink oil" I think "ferret oil".

VANILLA BUTTER??? OK, now that makes my ears stand at attention. Where did you find that?!!

I love my coffee butter. :drool: I have made a few things with it and it is very cool. My daughter puts it straight on her lips and skin.

I have some black cocoa butter but don't know what to do with it. It seems to have separated somehow, so the black is on the bottom and the light part is on top? weird. I don't know what to make with it so I'll just have to come up with something I guess.

I use coffee butter in a body butter. The scent does come through somewhat so you gotta pick an FO that blends well with it.

Black cocoa butter is nice in bath melts, especially around Valentine's day. Some scent will come through, but i always enhance that with some FO.

Kokum is my favorite butter. I like it much better than Cocoa. However, the general public doesn't "know" Kokum, but they do know Cocoa.

Gotta work on educating the general public on the benefits of butters besides Cocoa.