Another idea for packaging for melts!

Trappeur

Now that I know what kind of melts I'm making to sell and putting in tins, I just came up with another brainstorm.

I have an upscale store that I think she would/might be interested in another product.....melts.

Now look at this organic bag I found.   I think it is just so beautiful and this store is heavy into botanical accessories and these are her colors too.

What if I put the bags in a cello bag and put that cello bag inside of this adorable drawstring bag?   Look pretty good?   It's a 5 x7 (the only size).

Trappeur....

papermart 1 bag with leaves  5x7.jpg

• Like 3

Beautiful! I think those would be perfect with a cello bag inside.  You've definitely been busy these last few days.

I don't know if this will help or not, but to keep customer handling at a minimum, I pour a sample for sniffing each scent into 1oz portion cups. I mark each one with the word "sample" and the scent name. Most of the time people will smell those instead of opening the actual product.

• Like 2

So you like?   Oh great!   Oh yes, that was one of the first things that came to my mind as I could see walking into the store and seeing all these little baggies opened up from people wanting to sniff them.   I'm one step ahead of you BF....lol   I already made up small votives for the purpose of sniffing all the scents.

Thx.

Suzanne.....

Another great idea!  I've only used the silicone molds from Rustic Escentuals for larger melts.  Are you using something other than silicone and, if so, how easy do your tarts/melts come out of the molds?  I've seen candy molds but always wondered how easily the wax comes out of those.

GoldieMN

Yes Goldie, candy molds is what I use...Oh boy and so easy they just pop out.   And especially the new 4625 wax I'm using that wax solidifies instantly and I'm popping them out of the molds in 15 minutes!   Oh what a nice wax!   I'm adding a little 464 wax to it though (don't know what for, but I am!)   I always found the silicone a real pain in the butt trying to get out of mold even when put in freezer for a bit.   Too hard a job to work with those molds for me.   And the candy molds you get tons of embeds out of just 1 tray!

Trappeur

Those are super cute!  I'd want to see what was inside!

90% of my molds for melts were candy molds, not only do they unmold easily but so many more shapes available.  I also like that they are mostly thin and I could put a dozen into a package. I was able to get 10 trays of K so that I could give away samples as well, super thin, tiny bag with my business card stapled to the top.

Edited by kandlekrazy

2 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Now that I know what kind of melts I'm making to sell and putting in tins, I just came up with another brainstorm.

I have an upscale store that I think she would/might be interested in another product.....melts.

Now look at this organic bag I found.   I think it is just so beautiful and this store is heavy into botanical accessories and these are her colors too.

What if I put the bags in a cello bag and put that cello bag inside of this adorable drawstring bag?   Look pretty good?   It's a 5 x7 (the only size).

Trappeur....

papermart 1 bag with leaves  5x7.jpg

Those are lovely! I think that's a great idea to double bag them, and I like @bfroberts's idea about the sample. 

My only concern would be pricing. Are you going to make a profit with that packaging? Around here, there is definitely a limit to what people are willing to pay for wax melts, and it's definitely a lot lower than candles. I think they view melts as being more disposable, and less of a premium product. However, I live in a fairly rural area. You may have a completely different demographic with the tourists and the amount of boutique shops in your area.

How are you going to label them?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/3/2019 at 10:25 AM, Trappeur said:

So you like?   Oh great!   Oh yes, that was one of the first things that came to my mind as I could see walking into the store and seeing all these little baggies opened up from people wanting to sniff them.   I'm one step ahead of you BF....lol   I already made up small votives for the purpose of sniffing all the scents.

Thx.

Suzanne.....

Only thing I would want answered first is how many dang melts can fit in a 5x7 bag. Is it a bag that will hold like 50 melts?? Or is it a smaller bag that would hold maybe 10 or so...

• 5 weeks later...