Banana Nut Bread

Daisymay66

12 hours ago, Trappeur said:

I use pumpkin pecan waffles.   Wouldn't that be too close to your pumpkin pancakes.

Unless it throws so much better.

Ok I'll get a small bottle.

Trappeur

They have some great oils! I have some of their pumpkin pancakes and to my nose it reminds me of PPW. I could send you some if you like.

I also like -

Berry Tangerine

Rattlesnake grass

Apple Cider Donut

I have maple bourbon brichoe but have never put it in wax. I could send you some of that too.

Oatmeal milk and honey

Everyone loves their Snicker Doodle but I'm not crazy about it.

Vanilla Suede

Agave Nectar

Anisette Cookie (I ordered this twice and didn't realize it so if you'd like some just let me know)

Autumn Leaves (love this one)

Axe Kilo

Baking Cupcakes

Bay Laurel

Berry Vanilla

Black Tea, Orange and Almond

Blackberry Brûlée 

Butterscotch Pudding

Caramel Apple Cider

Coconut Milk

Cottage Breeze

Cranberry Scone

Fig Henri Bendel

Fresh Vanilla

Gingerbread Spice Cake

Hazelnut Truffles

Maple Butter

Peach and Sweet Berries

Pomegranate Cider

Pumpkin Ginger Strusel

Salted Caramel

Sugared Vanilla Shortbread-my favorite from them

Voodoo Love

Whipped Pumpkin Pie

Wild Maine Blueberry

Gingerbread-have never put this one in wax

Pumpkin-love this one but light to my nose

Sugar Cookie-never put this in oil but the price was too good to pass up

English Ivy-I think I have this one

If there are any that you'd like to try I'd be glad to send you some of them. Just let me know.

I have sent some melts to 8 coworkers in many different scents, one being PPW and one pumpkin pancakes.  What can I say, I like pumpkin oils 🤷‍♀️

I just asked them (without them knowing why I asked).  They ALL say PPW and pumpkin pancakes are totally different.  PPW has a more sharp, almost nutty note whereas pumpkin pancakes is a warmer, more spiced/cinnamon type note.  

On 1/30/2019 at 9:43 AM, Fireside said:

I have sent some melts to 8 coworkers in many different scents, one being PPW and one pumpkin pancakes.  What can I say, I like pumpkin oils 🤷‍♀️

I just asked them (without them knowing why I asked).  They ALL say PPW and pumpkin pancakes are totally different.  PPW has a more sharp, almost nutty note whereas pumpkin pancakes is a warmer, more spiced/cinnamon type note.  

I'm going to have to pour those separately and test LOL! I thought they smelled more the same. I think I was suffering from candle nose at the time though. Now I'm wanting to try the Pumpkin Pancakes again! Your description sounds more like a scent I would like over PPW, which I'm not as crazy about as a lot of people.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2019 at 8:48 PM, Belinda said:

They have some great oils! I have some of their pumpkin pancakes and to my nose it reminds me of PPW. I could send you some if you like.

I also like -

Berry Tangerine

Rattlesnake grass

Apple Cider Donut

I have maple bourbon brichoe but have never put it in wax. I could send you some of that too.

Oatmeal milk and honey

Vanilla Suede

Agave Nectar

Anisette Cookie (I ordered this twice and didn't realize it so if you'd like some just let me know)

Axe Kilo

Baking Cupcakes

Bay Laurel

Berry Vanilla

Blackberry Brûlée 

Butterscotch Pudding

Caramel Apple Cider

Coconut Milk

Cottage Breeze

Cranberry Scone

Fig Henri Bendel

Fresh Vanilla

Gingerbread Spice Cake

Hazelnut Truffles

Maple Butter

Peach and Sweet Berries

Pomegranate Cider

Pumpkin Ginger Strusel

Salted Caramel

Voodoo Love

Whipped Pumpkin Pie

Wild Maine Blueberry

If there are any that you'd like to try I'd be glad to send you some of them. Just let me know.

Oh my gosh Belinda!   I would love some samples but only if you let me pay for them.   Let me see which ones...

Trappeur

15 hours ago, Belinda said:

I'm going to have to pour those separately and test LOL! I thought they smelled more the same. I think I was suffering from candle nose at the time though. Now I'm wanting to try the Pumpkin Pancakes again! Your description sounds more like a scent I would like over PPW, which I'm not as crazy about as a lot of people.

You're not alone Belinda.  I have Pumpkin Pancake from Candlewic and I also thought it smelled really similar to the PPW I have used from different suppliers.  

• Like 1

@Trappeur, I have several of the FO's from Candlewic that Belinda listed.  From her list I really like Apple Cider Donut, Berry Tangerine (Love!), Pomegranate Cider and Black Tea Orange & Almond.

In addition I like Succulent Agave & Oakmoss which I'm making today and Pumpkin Chai, both very good sellers. Oh and Lemongrass Sage.

My granddaughter likes Clementine & Daisy a lot for a spring/summer scent.  I like Summer Fresh, but I bought it when it was on sale and the price has gone up.

24 minutes ago, GailC said:

You're not alone Belinda.  I have Pumpkin Pancake from Candlewic and I also thought it smelled really similar to the PPW I have used from different suppliers.  

I'm so glad to know it wasn't my imagination or there was something wrong with my nose LOL! I remember thinking that Pumpkin Pancakes was CW's version of PPW's when I first smelled it because it smelled so much like the PPW's that I had.

On 1/28/2019 at 2:51 PM, soshiegirl said:

Trapp, say it isn't so!

It's probably my wax Soshiegirl but you know even sniffing from bottle I found there was something off in the scent and didn't care for it, but I still put in wax thinking it might change, but nope.

Trappeur...

• 4 weeks later...

Well I tried Fillmore since I like several of their oils and it has a very strong undertone I cannot get passed.  Even my sister who did not know what it was said it smells like a nail polish remover and I agree it's some chemical note I cannot put my finger on.  Other than that, the banana isn't too laffy taffy like majority of other banana breads.  The search continues sigh.

Edited by lovelyscents

• 2 months later...
On 1/29/2019 at 6:48 PM, Belinda said:

I also like -

Berry Tangerine

Rattlesnake grass

Apple Cider Donut

Oatmeal milk and honey

Vanilla Suede

Agave Nectar

Axe Kilo

Baking Cupcakes

Bay Laurel

Berry Vanilla

Blackberry Brûlée 

Butterscotch Pudding

Caramel Apple Cider

Coconut Milk

Cottage Breeze

Cranberry Scone

Fig Henri Bendel

Fresh Vanilla

Gingerbread Spice Cake

Hazelnut Truffles

Maple Butter

Peach and Sweet Berries

Pomegranate Cider

Pumpkin Ginger Strusel

Salted Caramel

Voodoo Love

Whipped Pumpkin Pie

Wild Maine Blueberry

Hi Belinda 

Curious as to how the throw is for baking cupcakes and sugared shortbread? Thanks!

6 hours ago, Hotpinkao said:

Hi Belinda 

Curious as to how the throw is for baking cupcakes and sugared shortbread? Thanks!

I don’t think I’ve put baking cupcakes in wax yet but they have it listed under their bold scents I think so I take that as it’s a good thrower, or at least I hope that’s what it means. Sugared vanilla shortbread is medium to my nose like most vanillas but it’s a really good scent. 

• Thanks 1