Banana Nut Bread

Daisymay66

Also am in need for a great one.  I hear many recommend CS or Peak but I found CS to also have that very banana taffy/fake undertone.  Scent is subjective so some prefer this type of banana but I do not.  Maybe there is no banana oil that would be authentic so I may be out of luck.  I tend to find many fruit oils that are not true and may just have to accept it.  May have to find one and blend it with more of a bread/warm note to give a hint of banana, but not too much.

Edited by Fireside
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Fireside said:

Also am in need for a great one.  I hear many recommend CS or Peak but I found CS to also have that very banana taffy/fake undertone.  Scent is subjective so some prefer this type of banana but I do not.  Maybe there is no banana oil that would be authentic so I may be out of luck.  I tend to find many fruit oils that are not true and may just have to accept it.  May have to find one and blend it with more of a bread/warm note to give a hint of banana, but not too much.

I totally agree with you! I got some BNB from RE and it just wasn’t good at all to me! Might just be me though. Please let me know if ya find a good one. I’m gonna try and look at ICS. She usually has really good bakery scents. I’ll let you know too. ;)

8 hours ago, Fireside said:

I guess I am glad I did not try it then, don't know what I am missing 😂

Agreed! :)  

7 hours ago, Belinda said:

I love the one from CS, Cajun's and also Banana Walnut Cake from RE. To me, they have the nutty scent that I look for and not just banana. 

Belinda

Of those 3 do you like 1 better? ;) 

12 hours ago, Daisymay66 said:

I totally agree with you! I got some BNB from RE and it just wasn’t good at all to me! Might just be me though. Please let me know if ya find a good one. I’m gonna try and look at ICS. She usually has really good bakery scents. I’ll let you know too. ;)

Agreed! :)  

Belinda

Of those 3 do you like 1 better? ;)

Not really. To me they are so similar that I wouldn't hesitate to order any of them. 

• Like 1

Well what the heck is my deal then? LOL Maybe I’ll try CS again. Or I could try CC also. But shipping is so expensive now especially if you only order a couple scents. And since I’ve been trying to stick with this low number of oils, it took all the fun out of ordering. On a good note, I’ve saved way more $$$. It’s just not fun anymore. I’ve had to try and not be on here as much cause I can be easily enabled lol along with going on all my supplier websites. Which are both things I ❤️ doing. I would spend hours doing that and it made me happy reading and hearing about new oils. Geezzzzzzzz it sounds like I have an addiction? How weird? Hahaha Said NO CANDLEMAKER EVER!!! 🤪🤪😉😉

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Yes, I have....it's very nice.

Now I made 2 Banana candles with Candle Cocoons oil.   And no good....not even a throw.

Trappeur

Not even a throw from 464? The very soy wax you may want to move on from because of throw issues? ☹️

Have you tried it in paraffin also before ruling it out? Since you aren't opposed to exploring more than soy at this point, maybe give it a whirl :)

6 hours ago, lovelyscents said:

Not even a throw from 464? The very soy wax you may want to move on from because of throw issues? ☹️

Have you tried it in paraffin also before ruling it out? Since you aren't opposed to exploring more than soy at this point, maybe give it a whirl :)

Thats exactly what I'm doing Lovely.....moving on.....

I put up a post to that effect.   Did you see it?

Trappeur

• Like 1

I have in my shopping cart from Candlewick 2 pounds each of cb125, a palm and 4630 to start testing.   Did I make good choices?

Now since I have waxes to try might as well get some great fragrances and being that I never ordered from Candlewick I'm going nuts trying to pickout scents.   I love baking and sweet scents

Trappeur

• Like 2