Hello

jerry

I thought I would formally introduce myself. I have been making container candles since January and have really appreciated this forum - the wealth of knowledge and people's willingness to help one another is amazing. I will say the soy changes and then citral shortage was discouraging, so I took some time off this summer, but I'm back at it. I have been testing both C3 and 464, and given Sarah S's passion for CBL 125 - I am considering testing that for a stronger HT that may be better suited to larger, open plan spaces, which I have. I am also new to soap making, and  have been enjoying that. I find waiting for candles and soap to cure feels like an eternity... Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi @jerry! Great to have you on the server! Do try the CBL-125, you will have no regrets! I have a split-level house, so my main "living" level is basically one giant room. I have big bowls that I triple wicked, used the 125, and scented with 6% FO. One of those bowls scents the main level, and does a great job going up and down the stairs as well. Heck, even a 16oz apothecary jar with 125 scents the main level and travels a bit up the stairs. I think it's a great wax for beginners, it's easy to use and needs hardly any cure time. 

Anyway, have fun with the process and I'm happy to help with any non-soy related questions! 😂😂

• Thanks 1

Thanks, @Sarah S!!! I have made two whole candles with it! They are over wicked, but the HT was great despite the overwicking. :) Now to try a naked one and go from there. If you’re willing to share a wick preference, that would be great, otherwise, I’ll enjoy the adventure. 

21 hours ago, jerry said:

Thanks, @Sarah S!!! I have made two whole candles with it! They are over wicked, but the HT was great despite the overwicking. :) Now to try a naked one and go from there. If you’re willing to share a wick preference, that would be great, otherwise, I’ll enjoy the adventure. 

It's easy to over wick that wax. I use HTPs. What type of container are you using?

My only complaint with the 125 is that the FO can really mess with the wicking, as far as needing to go up or down several sizes. But if you stick with one container, you figure it out pretty quickly.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Sarah S said:

What type of container are you using?

Thanks for the tip. I am using a 9 oz straight sided jar, as well as a basic tumbler - 3" wide opening, where the 9 oz jar is more in the 2 7/8s range. I will order some HTPS - I thought I had put some in my basket, but ended up with HTP votive wicks instead - what? I can use in these small jars I have for overflow, lol. Really sticking with that 1 jar theme, lol.